PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Defense wins championships...well Pass Rush does

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, we have either/or questions in the secondary. Not the same thing as adequate or not.

Off the top of my head, 5 CBs for two spots.

Two spots? Elaborate. In today's NFL, you'd better have more than two good CBs.

Yes, we have either/or questions in the secondary. Not the same thing as adequate or not.

If you don't think there are plenty of adequacy questions in that secondary, you can't possibly find the linebacking situation anything but roses and moonbeams.

I disagree. we have two young starters at safety. Also our top pick, plus an oft injured vet who was good when healthy (not often) and another young vet with some experience.

We have more safeties than we can use.

Off the top of my head, 5 CBs for two spots.

One might be too old, one's a rookie, though a highly touted one, one has injury concerns.

If all the questions turn out bad, we still have two starters.

If we use the same scale as Guyton (looked good in limited minutes) then Wilhite is a lock to start and go on to all pro.

I guess it's how you look at it.:rolleyes:

Wow..... just. Wow.

I said 5 off the top of my head. That's a lot more than two. Add in Richardson at least and probably more picked up.

How many did we use regularly last year? Not too many if Deltha O'Neil got thst many minutes.

Relax, 6+ is a lot more than two. I think we'll be better at the CB position this year.

If you don't think there are plenty of adequacy questions in that secondary, you can't possibly find the linebacking situation anything but roses and moonbeams.

Well this would be the time for specific issues, if you have them.

Well this would be the time for specific issues, if you have them.

I listed some. Your response was hypocritical in conjunction with your linebacker gripes, to say the least.

Last edited:

I assume everyone here knows we need nickel and dime packages, that's why I mentioned 5. Can't see we had or used 5 good cornerbacks most of last year. They ended up throwing Richardson in their and he looked awful IMO. I think he'll be gone, barring injuries.

I've done so elsewhere, but I'll do some bullet points....

1.) Who's #1 CB?

2.) Who's #2 CB?

3.) Who's going to start at nickel CB?

4.) Will Sanders and Meriweather keep the same roles, or switch?

5.) Is Chung #3 and, if so, at which position(s)

6.) Will Tank make the squad as a safety?

7.) Assuming Springs wins the #1 job (or #2 for those who believe he's not already locked in at #1), what's going to happen when he suffers his almost inevitable injury?

With so little experience at CB, and with only 1 CB actually coming off of even a decent year, what exactly can be expected from this group? For all the complaining that a very small group is doing about the linebackers, it's the secondary with the most unanswered questions.

In short:

T.B.D. after T.C.:cool:

I agree with all your questions too.
Who?
Who?
great-horned-owl.jpg

The #1, the #2.....who cares....as long as we have DEPTH.

Many of your questions cannot be revealed yet (spies!:singing:) and I believe that many of our defensive positions with have different players and disguises throughout our omnipotent season!

Mwah-ha!Ha!
evil.gif

Could you please elaborate on that Desiree?

Thanks

the #1 corner right now is Shawn Springs back in the day was one of the best CB in the game but now he's 34 and comeing off a injury can he still play ? we dont know

the #2 at this point is Leigh Bodden i would like for butler to step up and take the #2 spot cause Leigh Bodden is not even a upgrade over Deltha O'Neal

Jonathan Wilhite can be the nickel back or even the #2 CB

and butler will be any where from the #2 CB to the dime

we are good at S

big question mark is bodden and springs

Last edited:
the #1 corner right now is Shawn Springs back in the day was one of the best CB in the game but now he's 34 and comeing off a injury can he still play ? we dont know

the #2 at this point is Leigh Bodden i would like for butler to step up and take the #2 spot cause Leigh Bodden is not even a upgrade over Deltha O'Neal

Jonathan Wilhite can be the nickel back or even the #2 CB

and butler will be any where from the #2 CB to the dime

we are good at S

big question mark is bodden and springs

We don't have a #1 or #2 starting corner yet and you've neglected to mention other eligible DB's that could play in situations.

Butler is 100% T.B.D.

We have some depth decisions to make at Safety as well-again T.B.D.

Thanks Desiree

My post
One might be too old, one's a rookie, though a highly touted one, one has injury concerns.

There are question marks. We played a whole season with question marks in the secondary last year. We added Springs, Bodden, Butler and hopefully a healthy Wheatley.

We lost O'Neal, Hobbs and Lewis Sanders.

Per your other argument we added ?? I suppose a healthy Crable.

My post

There are question marks. We played a whole season with question marks in the secondary last year. We added Springs, Bodden, Butler and hopefully a healthy Wheatley.

We lost O'Neal, Hobbs and Lewis Sanders.

Per your other argument we added ?? I suppose a healthy Crable.

Right, McKenzie doesn't count, and we just ignore development from within. That's what we do when we want to complain endlessly, I guess.

Right, McKenzie doesn't count, and we just ignore development from within. That's what we do when we want to complain endlessly, I guess.

Has he healed? Of course he doesn't count, they need to field a team this year.

Has he healed? Of course he doesn't count, they need to field a team this year.

What time's the game start on Sunday?

If he can't play through a torn ACL, he is made of glass. Maybe we can get a 7th for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes