PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Defense Is Ready To Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol I can relate! Living here in NY you can imagine what I go through. Clowns to left of me (Jets Fans) Jokers to right (Giant Fans) not to mention Bill's fans.

I'm originally from NY (East NY Brooklyn) and my whole family is NYG, Knicks, Yankees. I get **** all the time for being all Boston. Lol

More New Yawkas! I'm living in Jamaica, Queens now and I can't tell you what a pleasure it was to wear my Pats gear after SB 49. It was like walking outside naked (not that I've done that, man I've said too much). It's hard to talk to Gints fans when they mention TGTSNBN (The Games That Shall Not Be Named) but at least we've been to the playoffs more recently lol

More New Yawkas! I'm living in Jamaica, Queens now and I can't tell you what a pleasure it was to wear my Pats gear after SB 49. It was like walking outside naked (not that I've done that, man I've said too much). It's hard to talk to Gints fans when they mention TGTSNBN (The Games That Shall Not Be Named) but at least we've been to the playoffs more recently lol
Biggest satisfaction other than winning a SB this season for Goodell :D would be to beat the Giants to do it.

Biggest satisfaction other than winning a SB this season for Goodell :D would be to beat the Giants to do it.

Oh nooooo. I cannot go through that again. I have PTSD when it comes to that. Even the blue on their uniforms make me think of the games. Even after 49 I still get chills.

Oh nooooo. I cannot go through that again. I have PTSD when it comes to that. Even the blue on their uniforms make me think of the games. Even after 49 I still get chills.
I know we would be able to do it this time, especially considering we have better corners. Their DLine isn't what it was those years either. And Coughlin is not there. We got this.

Well, look who's back. Did you get permission from someone for that long vacation ?

How about one of your famous lists to make this conversation even more specific?

:)

DEFENSE (25)

FRONT SEVEN (11) - the DE's and LB's can play lots of positions
DE - Ninkovich, Sheard, Long, Flowers
DT - Brown, Branch, Knighton, Valentine
LB - Hightower, Collins, McClellan

SECONDARY (9)
CB - Butler, Ryan, Jones, Coleman
S - McCourty, Chung, Harmon, Richards

SPECIAL TEAMS (2)
ST - King, KGH

FINAL THREE POSITIONS (3)
---------
LB - Humber or Freeney
CB - Jones or Roberts
front seven - Kuhn or R. Johnson or Grissom

Ebner will return after a few weeks.

I know we would be able to do it this time, especially considering we have better corners. Their DLine isn't what it was those years either. And Coughlin is not there. We got this.

I think if they wore red and we wore white like in 49, I'd feel a lot better.

I think if they wore red and we wore white like in 49, I'd feel a lot better.
Lol. Maybe. I think the fact that we have an attacking D would make the difference. Look at last season. The D hung in there and we won. No more bend but don't break nonsense. Lol

There is no doubt in anything you have said.

This team is freaking loaded.

I agree wholeheartedly. When the Patriots did not win the Super Bowl in the last 6 years or so, you can directly point to an unbelievable amount of injuries, and to key people, while, usually, the team that wins it all gets through the year very healthy (relatively speaking, of course).

The Patriots are built to withstand the injuries more than any other team in football, which is why they can still get deep into the playoffs using many second (or third) stringers. But at a certain point, they play a very good team that is fully healthy, and the Patriots second or third stringers cannot compete with another very good team's first stringers, and they lose a close playoff game.

So if they stay healthy, they're the best team in football. If they get ravaged by injuries...they're still pretty darned good, but not good enough to win it all.

lol I Hear That! Always cool wearing Pats gear here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back