PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Defense Is Ready To Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all about injuries. We have the best team in the NFL when everyone is healthy. In 2014 there were only two significant injuries (Mayo and Ridley) and we won it all.

Last year we were devastated by injuries. Certainly without them we would have had home field advantage and then you gotta figure between that and a healthy O-line, we would have easily beaten Denver in the AFC finals.

Injuries are the only thing separating this team from trophy #5, I truly believe that.

There is no doubt in anything you have said.

This team is freaking loaded.

That was ambitious considering most people felt it was season ending.:p

PB12 you hear so many reports at first I try to wait on updated news. When I heard it wasn't a season ending I wasn't sure when his time frame was to return.

PB12 you hear so many reports at first I try to wait on updated news. When I heard it wasn't a season ending I wasn't sure when his time frame was to return.
That's very true. I was just teasing a bit.

It's all about injuries. We have the best team in the NFL when everyone is healthy. In 2014 there were only two significant injuries (Mayo and Ridley) and we won it all.

Last year we were devastated by injuries. Certainly without them we would have had home field advantage and then you gotta figure between that and a healthy O-line, we would have easily beaten Denver in the AFC finals.

Injuries are the only thing separating this team from trophy #5, I truly believe that.
Yup. We certainly had the best team last season as well. Surprising since they don't pay nobody over there (to paraphrase our all-world [not] former DE). Seriously speaking, we've had the best team for three seasons now. I remember a coworker of mine trying to convince me Seattle was the better team in 2014. GTFOH.

This is how I feel going into every season. To further your point, I think in that SB vs Giants in'11, Pats were a healthy Gronk away from winning it. I think Brady was like 16-16 completions in a row or something.

This is how I feel going into every season. To further your point, I think in that SB vs Giants in'11, Pats were a healthy Gronk away from winning it. I think Brady was like 16-16 completions in a row or something.

...and then he hurt his shoulder.

Yup, BB very strongly intimated this very thing. I think it was either from A Football Life or Belichick Revealed. See both if you haven't already. It's sickening sometimes when I do reflect on how close the Pats have come to legitimately having 8 SB's, when you add 2006 and last year to the two losses.

lol I hear ya!
But it's true, at first you say OH NO here we go again! Can we ever catch a break (other than Pat's bones).
If you have time, go back and read my posts right after the news broke. I was a f*cking wreck. Kind of embarrassing in retrospect. Lol:oops:

If you have time, go back and read my posts right after the news broke. I was a f*cking wreck. Kind of embarrassing in retrospect. Lol:oops:[/QUOT

I just did, which one lol Rant on Schefter report is classic!

There were a few different ones fun me. I was a mess. @AtomicDawg had to calm me down in one of the threads. I was ready to get drunk and start a riot in the streets...a one man riot. Lmao

lol I can relate! Living here in NY you can imagine what I go through. Clowns to left of me (Jets Fans) Jokers to right (Giant Fans) not to mention Bill's fans.

lol I can relate! Living here in NY you can imagine what I go through. Clowns to left of me (Jets Fans) Jokers to right (Giant Fans) not to mention Bill's fans.
I'm originally from NY (East NY Brooklyn) and my whole family is NYG, Knicks, Yankees. I get **** all the time for being all Boston. Lol

I'm originally from NY (East NY Brooklyn) and my whole family is NYG, Knicks, Yankees. I get **** all the time for being all Boston. Lol

Cool, Nothin' like rockin my Pats gear here. Wore my Brady Tee at my gym today, always gets a rave review lol

Cool, Nothin' like rockin my Pats gear here. Wore my Brady Tee at my gym today, always gets a rave review lol
I always get looks when I wear my stuff, but few people say anything. I live in Florida Gator county, so everything is really about them. FSU stuff is what gets people talking down here. Pro sports is not really big in this town. I will likely be living in GA soon, so we'll see what that's like around all the Falcons faithful.

I always get looks when I wear my stuff, but few people say anything. I live in Florida Gator county, so everything is really about them. FSU stuff is what gets people talking down here. Pro sports is not really big in this town. I will likely be living in GA soon, so we'll see what that's like around all the Falcons faithful.

Oh yeah BIG TIME there for FSU. When my son went to WVU before transfering to ASU, There were so many people wearing Steeler stuff there. Pitt is like right there.

Oh yeah BIG TIME there for FSU. When my son went to WVU before transfering to ASU, There were so many people wearing Steeler stuff there. Pitt is like right there.
F the Steelers. It may very well come down to beating them in the playoffs to advance, assuming their D has taken the next step (like we think of ours). I still view our D as being better going into the season, but I think they'll be decent. They're really young on that side of the ball still, but they began to show some maturity later in the 2015 season. They were an absolute mess when we played them in Week 1 last season, like how many times are you going to leave the best TE of all time uncovered? They definitely showed their youth. But they're fast and athletic (like us), but nowhere near as well coached.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down