PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Death Match – Tommy Kelly or Lamarr Houston?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Tommy Kelly or Lamarr Houston?

• Tommy Kelly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lamarr Houston

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Neither Armond Armstead is the next JJ Watt…

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am swag jacking DI here with the title...:p

Lamarr Houston Stats, News, Videos, Highlights, Pictures, Bio - Oakland Raiders - ESPN

Lamarr Houston*|*Texas,*DT*:*2010 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

I know it’s not a 1to1 matchup as Houston would likely cost more but I really like Houston I think he gives us that player we were looking for with Red Bryant and Jonathan Fanane.

I think it'd be more Tommy Kelly AND X. Houston will cost a lot more, as you said, but if the Pats are thinking Kelly and/or Wilfork can't go, they're going to need a stud DT. Houston should get a good look, along with a few others (Arthur Jones?). BJ Raji? Peters?

Of course, if Wilfork is a no-go, I doubt we'll have the same type of D scheme next year.

Both!!!! Kelly doesnt cost much and even if his pass rush days are over he can still be an affective space eater and free up others while Houston does his thing. I really like starks. I went the school with him. Every game i watched he was most dominant lineman offense or defense. I could not believe he lasted til third rd. I thought he was kinna guy Bellichick looked for in trenches.. i thought he would be a patriot for sure when Baltimore and washington passed on him. I could make a post on things i saw him do on field and the gym alone. Not to mention practices. Bit at Another time. When his career got off to a slow start i knew he would break out sooner or later. However He is 30 now and is going to command a good amount for several yrs and im not for paying big $$$$ into a players mid 30"s. So i would rather sign houston and retain kelly depending on his health.

I think it'd be more Tommy Kelly AND X. Houston will cost a lot more, as you said, but if the Pats are thinking Kelly and/or Wilfork can't go, they're going to need a stud DT. Houston should get a good look, along with a few others (Arthur Jones?). BJ Raji? Peters?

Of course, if Wilfork is a no-go, I doubt we'll have the same type of D scheme next year.

I read that Raji turned down an $8 mil per offer from the Packers. I am not sure why considering he is 2 full seasons removed from his most productive year and after 10.5 sacks in his first 3 seasons (6.5 in 2010) he has had 0 sacks in the last 2.

I read that Raji turned down an $8 mil per offer from the Packers. I am not sure why considering he is 2 full seasons removed from his most productive year and after 10.5 sacks in his first 3 seasons (6.5 in 2010) he has had 0 sacks in the last 2.

Maybe he is scared of Aaron Rogers' mustache.

Not a big arthur jones fan. I live in Baltimore and that dude has been pushed and given every opportunity to step up his game.He never really did.. I would much rather have lamar houston or Randy Starks if its a 2 yr deal. What does everybody think bout idea of trading mallet or a draft pick for an established DT 30 or younger this time. Im all for loading up for 2 seasons while we still have Brady and win 2 consecutive championships.

Not a big arthur jones fan. I live in Baltimore and that dude has been pushed and given every opportunity to step up his game.He never really did.. I would much rather have lamar houston or Randy Starks if its a 2 yr deal. What does everybody think bout idea of trading mallet or a draft pick for an established DT 30 or younger this time. Im all for loading up for 2 seasons while we still have Brady and win 2 consecutive championships.

Uhhh... Arthur Jones had one of the best years out of all 3-4 DEs.

I think you might be confusing Jones with Cody.

He may have had some ok stats but i hear lot ot criticism on radio. His stats i hear are inflated cuz he is the guy they try and free up. I don't watch to many complete ravens but he always seems to be blocked struggling. Not saying im right just lots of sports jocks in baltimore seem to want more from him. I like starks a lot but just for 2or3 yr deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore