PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dear Millennial Patsfans...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worse for me as an older dad. Last year, they had school next day, and I said go to bed. Big mistake. :)

We had to go through the Superbowl over and over.

This year he is into it. Might have to call him out at sick. But he isn't missing this Superbowl live anymore at ten. He's smart as hell and can get through school for one day.

Last year daddy instincts got in the way of moments. Not again.

Boy is staying up come hell or high water. :D

Man, and then there was the time coach Fairbanks deserted the team right before the playoffs!!!

What fun times!!!!

Man, and then there was the time coach Fairbanks deserted the team right before the playoffs!!!

What fun times!!!!

Parcells at least physically showed up to call Belichick names on the headset...

Worse for me as an older dad. Last year, they had school next day, and I said go to bed. Big mistake. :)

This year he is into it. Might have to call him out at sick. But he isn't missing this Superbowl live anymore at ten. He's smart as hell and can get through school for one day.

I'm down with this year's plan, but tell me again the downside of the bolded bit?

I liked the post. Some a little before my time. But the part about the bears. That sting grinds in my heart. There is not anything that can replace that for me. No matter how much we win... I still have a scare deep down there that bubbles and oozes. Winning more and more helps, but that one can never be forgiven.

Perfect cue to one of my all time favorite movies... the unforgiven.

Here is patriots spirit after all the beatings....

you talking about Sb 20? seriously ? If we had blown out like that one or two more times in the 70s or 80s it would have added to our greatness.

kid is ten? older dad??? wow

Hey guys, this is not a dis thread.

I wanted to tell the tell of the before-time, because you have to tell them that's birthed after...

Sirrously, I'm old enough to vaguely remember some Italian names for the 60s, Parilli, Capoletti (sp?)

Then I remembers the 70s... there were stars. Jim Plunkett - he was going to lead us to the SB, then somehow we traded him. Sam "Bam" Cunningham. I remembers how I moved to Virginia, and they broked my heart, re-naming the team "New England" instead of "Boston..." For some reason, I thought they had to be Boston... but I adjusted...

Then I remembers the mid-70s, when we was supposed to be the next big thing every year, and damn well woulda been, if it wasn't for them cheatin' Raidahs... I remember Jack Hateum takin' out Darryl Stingley too... I remember Grogan's Heroes, and Randy Vataha and Russ Francis... All them years we shoulda woulda coulda won more playoff games and gone to the Super Bowl...

Then I remembers the 80s, and my "Berry the Bears" shirt and the "Squish the Fish" rally, that I was in Boston during (but didn't actually attend... boo hoo...) And then the crushing defeat in the Super Bowl...

Then in the 90s, it seemed we'd go on the regular, every ten years! And this time it was an actual game, if it wasn't for that damn Desmond Howard...

And then I remembers thinking in a bar in downtown DC in early 2002, we won't hold on, it won't be for real... and I remember them teein' up that Vinatieri kick... and I remember thinking, "Oh my God. The culmination of my fan life! All the suffering was worth it..."

Then the immediate thought: What if we're the next dynasty? Even the next mini-dynasty, like the Rams or the Broncos????

Then 2002 telled me we was back to Earth, then 03-04 made it real again - and we was a dynasty!

And in the 2010s we're back for more... we're another dynasty, but the same.

This one's not in the bag, and this post might be better after the Super Bowl than now, before it.

But we're the most blessed football fans on the planet, and that's my tell, countin' all the lean years from the beforetimes. I left out **** MacPherson's hugs and Al Groh's shovel and a coach making his New York plans before he won anything worth mentioning, and another coach resigning on a napkin and Robert Edwards on a beach in Hawaii, and a whole lot of other stuff.

So you millennial Patsfans, you has your own tell, starting in these glorious years. Some of you will leave when the beforetimes comes back again, because they'll come back again... but those of you that stays, remember these days and tell the tell when the glory comes back again.

You that keeps standin' with us, even if you just pass the torch by tellin' the tell until them that's birthed after see these times come again.

Then again, you might still be watching Brady til you're 50 :D

WIN DAT SILVER FOOTBALL,

irrationally exuberant,

PFnV

You're wasting your time, young people suck.

Admittedly not as as good as I once was.... But just once... I'll be as good as I ever was.... ole 54 Bruschi....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents