PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deadspin: Inside the Greg Hardy hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why didn't she want to go through with the second trial???

Maybe having every single detail of her sex life and drug habits spread all over the internet might have something to do with it.
She got paid off.

As someone on PFT of all places noted, the cigarette companies were brought down by a temp employee. So it may not necessarily have come from "way on high." And certainly the NFL doesn't exactly come off like a bouquet of roses here.

Not arguing with your basic point, but let's not get carried away. For example:

Philip Morris International

Market Cap $121.1 Billion
Employees 82,500
Sales $29.65 B
Headquarters New York, New York

Not arguing with your basic point, but let's not get carried away. For example:

Philip Morris International

Market Cap $121.1 Billion
Employees 82,500
Sales $29.65 B
Headquarters New York, New York

Yeah, I know they're not dead and buried. But I'm talking about what led to the massive settlement against them.

The important bit here is that the league leaked this transcript. No one else couldve. They continue to do what they do.

I don't think the League wanted this leaked. Someone in the League probably leaked it, but they probably went rogue. It makes them look really bad to assume that this was a strategic move by the league.

There was talk that Deflategate happened because there was a revolt against Goodell and people went rogue. Maybe he isn't well liked among the League office and there are people in the League office who look for any way to make him look bad.

Hardy is a lot worse than Rice in my opinion.

Rice, perhaps momentarily, hit his fiancé once. And by all accounts was remorseful about it, and told the full truth about it.

Hardy hit his girlfriend repeatedly (which is worse than one hit), lied about it (worse than telling the truth), and then paid her off not to testify at the appeal (even worse).

Yet Hardy gets an easier sentence and less negative press than Rice -- only because there's no video.

Basically the NFL doesn't give a f*ck except to give the illusion that they are an ethical organization. Unfortunately the illusion is showing them to be worse than if they actually just said 'we don't give a f*ck'

If I were Bill, I would work out Ray Rice and, if he passes his physical, sign him and then wait
for Park Avenue's response, if they could even give one.

I read the article, but missed this point until I saw a tweet from Michael Hurley about it: Goodell wasn't at this appeal hearing.

Kevin Manara, Adopho Birch, Jeff Pash and Lisa Friel represented the NFL. They aren't lightweights, but where was the commissioner? Why did he skip this? Maybe it conflicted with his daily press conference, but it seems odd that he wouldn't be present at a domestic violence-related hearing after making it such a priority for the league and himself.

Who knows, that may have even played a role in the arbitrator deciding the reduce the suspension. If I was arguing Hardy's behalf, I would definitely question how someone who wasn't even present for the appeal hearing could come up with a 10 game suspension.

I don't think the League wanted this leaked. Someone in the League probably leaked it, but they probably went rogue. It makes them look really bad to assume that this was a strategic move by the league.

There was talk that Deflategate happened because there was a revolt against Goodell and people went rogue. Maybe he isn't well liked among the League office and there are people in the League office who look for any way to make him look bad.

I think the league leaked it to make hardy look worse because he does look worse. They want to say we tried arbitration and this is what he said. In their own bumbling fashion they make a fool of themselvesl too.

I read the article, but missed this point until I saw a tweet from Michael Hurley about it: Goodell wasn't at this appeal hearing.

Kevin Manara, Adopho Birch, Jeff Pash and Lisa Friel represented the NFL. They aren't lightweights, but where was the commissioner? Why did he skip this? Maybe it conflicted with his daily press conference, but it seems odd that he wouldn't be present at a domestic violence-related hearing after making it such a priority for the league and himself.

Who knows, that may have even played a role in the arbitrator deciding the reduce the suspension. If I was arguing Hardy's behalf, I would definitely question how someone who wasn't even present for the appeal hearing could come up with a 10 game suspension.
The commisioner , holding the torch against for domestic violence after the ray rice fiasco decided to skip this meeting but denied appointing an arbitrator for PSI investigations.

I wrote this elsewhere. Hardy was proven guilty in the only trial he ever actually had. So he was innocent until proven guilty. Now that he has been found guilty, he is just guilty.
It's part of the pathology of men who beat women. He wouldn't hit her if she hadn't (fill in the blank)
looked at that guy
interrupted him while he was watching TV
burned the beans
forgotten to put gas in the car
So it's no surprise he thinks he's innocent.

Rice, perhaps momentarily, hit his fiancé once. And by all accounts was remorseful about it, and told the full truth about it.

Hardy hit his girlfriend repeatedly (which is worse than one hit), lied about it (worse than telling the truth), and then paid her off not to testify at the appeal (even worse).

Yet Hardy gets an easier sentence and less negative press than Rice -- only because there's no video.

Basically the NFL doesn't give a f*ck except to give the illusion that they are an ethical organization. Unfortunately the illusion is showing them to be worse than if they actually just said 'we don't give a f*ck'
Ray Rice only got caught once, I guarantee it's happened more than once and probably with more than just this one girlfriend.

Ray Rice only got caught once, I guarantee it's happened more than once and probably with more than just this one girlfriend.

I actually disagree with this.

Ray Rice's actions post-issue tell me this was a one time, out of character thing. Not to mention, not a single negative thing was ever brought up about him character wise prior to (which is what made it a shock in the first place).

It's nice to see that there are a few sites around like deadspin that aren't under control of goodell's NFL and are therefore able to call out the sleazeliness of the league
I got disappointed in them during deflategate. The writers who bothered to write the story did not do a good investigative and analytical take on what the NFL were doing. Sally did what Deadspin usually does.

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree because we just don't know, and its not fair to assume.

Everything Rice has done before and after the incident tells me he's not a horrible guy, he just made a terrible, disgusting, mistake. He's been made the fall guy, and its BS because he was honest with the Ravens and the league from the get go. It was Ravens and league that tried covering this up. As soon as that blew up, they threw Rice under the bus.

I've been saying this for well over a year. Hardy and Adrian Peterson's case was much, much worse than Rice's.

I've been saying this for well over a year. Hardy and Adrian Peterson's case was much, much worse than Rice's.
That's like saying the Jonestown Massacre was much, much worse than the Manson Clan's visit to the Tate household.

It's nice to see that there are a few sites around like deadspin that aren't under control of goodell's NFL and are therefore able to call out the sleazeliness of the league
I've always had a hope that Deadspin or hell even TMZ would really dig into the nfl during the whole deflategate thing, we all know there's information there to be found, that man do I wish would come out. I don't know how they do it, but those 2 seem to have a way of getting the info the league don't want out, guess deflated footballs wasn't juicy enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST