PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kessler, Pash et al back in the courthouse today. To meet with Berman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFanSince74

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Can't believe this hasn't been posted yet, so please merge if I missed it. Also, Berman has excused Brady and Goodell from next week's meeting, if it occurs. Means Brady can travel with the team :) and Goodell can do whatever it is he does to earn his $40 million :rolleyes:

"Attorneys for the NFL Players Association, representing Tom Brady, and the NFL returned to court on Thursday to continue settlement talks over the New England Patriots quarterback's four-game Deflategate suspension.

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reports that four attorneys for the NFL, including Gregg Levy, Sam Nash, Jeff Pash and Adolpho Birch, were at the courthouse in lower Manhattan -- along with attorney Jeffrey Kessler and others representing the players' union. The sides have met separately with U.S. District Court Judge Richard M. Berman, and plans are for the sides to meet with the judge together at some point Thursday.

A source with knowledge of the court proceedings told Paolantonio that both sides are talking to try to avoid the scheduled Aug. 19 court hearing"

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story...ngland-patriots-nfl-continuing-talks-new-york

Thanks for the update. Interesting.

No settlement that involves even a one minute suspension or an admission of guilt. Anything else is on the table. I'd rather Brady miss the season than accept a settlement including either of those things.

Last edited:
Pash: "We cannot even talk about reduction of the suspension until your client accepts full responsibility for ordering the illegal deflation of footballs."

Kessler: "We are not going to do that."

Pash: "Come on!"

Kessler: "No."

Pash: "Please?!?"

Kessler: "Sorry."

I expect these negotiations to go far. Word is the League is still sticking to that they won't even discuss reducing the suspension until Brady admit guilt. This is going to a verdict. I assume that is why neither Goodell nor Brady are required to appear next week,

I bet the lawyers are out together sipping martinis while calculating their day's fees.

I hope Kessler is just playing along. I want that hearing next week. And I want Brady to be able to use that platform to speak the truth about all of this, through his attorney, afterwards.

I hope Kessler is just playing along. I want that hearing next week. And I want Brady to be able to use that platform to speak the truth about all of this, through his attorney, afterwards.
I honestly have no idea what is going on, but I am pretty sure that taking the chance of giving Judge Berman the impression that they are "just playing along" would not be a good idea for either side.

I bet the lawyers are out together sipping martinis while calculating their day's fees.
Nah, they can bill their $500--1,000 an hour just by sitting in the AC in their offices or by "thinking" about the case on the trip home.

Has anybody figured out who the "witnesses" are that Berman plans to call next week? Or was that just a threat to move things along. I mean, would Wells really want to have to take the stand under oath and answer questions from Berman about his impartiality?

Can't believe this hasn't been posted yet, so please merge if I missed it. Also, Berman has excused Brady and Goodell from next week's meeting, if it occurs. Means Brady can travel with the team :) and Goodell can do whatever it is he does to earn his $40 million :rolleyes:

"Attorneys for the NFL Players Association, representing Tom Brady, and the NFL returned to court on Thursday to continue settlement talks over the New England Patriots quarterback's four-game Deflategate suspension.

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reports that four attorneys for the NFL, including Gregg Levy, Sam Nash, Jeff Pash and Adolpho Birch, were at the courthouse in lower Manhattan -- along with attorney Jeffrey Kessler and others representing the players' union. The sides have met separately with U.S. District Court Judge Richard M. Berman, and plans are for the sides to meet with the judge together at some point Thursday.

A source with knowledge of the court proceedings told Paolantonio that both sides are talking to try to avoid the scheduled Aug. 19 court hearing"

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story...ngland-patriots-nfl-continuing-talks-new-york

Update: As Per Sal Pal reporting Brady doesn't have to show next Wed. to meeting. His attorney can rep. He can go to WV for joint practices vs Saints and travel to N.O. with Pats.
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-...ourt-next-week-now-can-attend-joint-practices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back