David Thomas Press Conf

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

answers which stand out for a typical pats player

What are some of your strengths and what are areas you’d want to work on?
"I think the most important thing for me is to go up there and work hard. I think as a player you can always get better in all aspects of the game. I’m just going to go up there and be open, try to be as coachable as I can be, and work hard and get in with the tight ends and all the other players and learn from them, and watch them. I’m just trying to be the best I can be to help the Patriots win

You were on all special teams, even as a senior?
"I think it’s important to be on all special teams. They’re just as important as offense or defense because you can make so many plays. If I can get out there and play another play on special teams, I think that’s a great opportunity for me, to go out and have fun and play the game I love.â€

Wow. I'm liking this pick more and more. We could use some more hustle on ST. And in order for a 2-TE system to work, you really need 3 serviceable TEs.

even butch davis seemed to be gushing over this pick...compared thomas to john havilcheck

SVN said:
even butch davis seemed to be gushing over this pick...compared thomas to john havilcheck
Uhh...I think you meant Jay Novachek. Havlicek played for the Celtics

Sounds like a player BB would like, that seemed to be made clear in the interview. I'm lovin this pick as well as the other two.

I hope he's the next Havlicek! Trade him to the Celtics for Scalabrine. Convert him into a guard or something.

KDPpatsfan said:
oops ..sorry about that :)..always felt it sounded wrong..

Sounds like a good kid, smart and right attitude, like the other 2 kids we picked today.

KDPpatsfan said:

Did you know...

Havlicek was drafted by the NFL, as well? The Cleveland Browns took him as a TE. His favorite sport was BB, and that's what he chose. Hondo would have been a hell of a TE...

He also has practiced being a long snapper, another BB type of guy maybe he can play LB situationally?? I like this pick.

Hmmnn.. Teamcapitain and Academic All-American. Loves football and has the receiving skils for a good TE. Needs to grow his body a smidgeon in the weightroom.

Check.

He is certifiably a Patriot type player...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft