PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Darn, a sudden turn around, the Jets are now the favorites in the AFC East

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an inspiring team-building experience it would be for 11 employees to come together, support one another, and work as one to score a touchdown against an NFL defense. Maybe they should try that?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Stop it! yer killin me.....

I heard that during the trust building fall back and I will catch you exercise that Tebow got injured, he apparently tried it on his own.

I heard that during the trust building fall back and I will catch you exercise that Tebow got injured, he apparently tried it on his own.

Was he checking if the lord still had his back for this upcoming season?

73fb713b1fc4599b529fc4ca2567639f.jpg

Who is the Jet third from the right whose right hand is sliding awfully close to no-man's land?

Last edited:
This just in: SANCHEZ FRACTURES SKULL IN TRUST FALL, OUT FOR THE SEASON

Apparently Dustin Keller said "I got him" but Santonio Holmes waved him off..................

Yeah Jests are favorites and will even be in 1st place when season ends, just turn newspaper upside-down, see there in 1st place.

Nostradamus had a vision of the Jets winning this year, but he blew it off as a hard nights drinking and debauchery.

how many teams, outside of the 2000 Ravens, won the regular season with defense?

You guys are the worst examples of homers. If it came out that the Pats did the same thing there would be a thread about how this 'proves' that the Pats are a different and better organization than the rest. You all need to step back and get some perspective.

Honestly, my guess is the Patriots HAVE done something like this. Team building and leadership are important for all types of organizations. The reason why Belichick has been so successful is that he clearly understands how to run an organization, not just coach a football team. To just assume that the guys on your team have leadership abilities is setting yourself up for failure. The Patriots tend to look for guys with leadership experience, but it doesn't come natural to everyone. Going through a training on effective leadership would help everyone, not just the guys who haven't had leadership experience before.

Holmes being a captain is a disgrace. Just goes to show how poorly run that organizaton really is

You guys are the worst examples of homers. If it came out that the Pats did the same thing there would be a thread about how this 'proves' that the Pats are a different and better organization than the rest. You all need to step back and get some perspective.

Honestly, my guess is the Patriots HAVE done something like this. Team building and leadership are important for all types of organizations. The reason why Belichick has been so successful is that he clearly understands how to run an organization, not just coach a football team. To just assume that the guys on your team have leadership abilities is setting yourself up for failure. The Patriots tend to look for guys with leadership experience, but it doesn't come natural to everyone. Going through a training on effective leadership would help everyone, not just the guys who haven't had leadership experience before.

The difference is the Jets did it simpkly for publicity. There is no other reason to make such an announcement about it. It creates a distraction to do so. Now those players will have to deal with NY media questions about the training, and inevitably one of their loose cannons will make a comment that divides the team rather than unites it.
If it was a serious effort, rather than a PR move, they would not have told the media, they would have done it quietly.

BB pulls out a full bag of tricks to build team unity and inspire his players. There's the annual ritual of the lineman catching a punt to give them an afternoon off; the team screenings of inspiring movies followed by talks from the real-life people behind them; etc. etc.

But those are full-team exercises, in a football context. Ryan instead hand-selected the players he described to the media as his team's "leaders" and sequestered them from practice for a day-long seminar in how to be leaders. The rest of the team has been officially declared followers.

Think about it: the head coach just explicitly divided his team into castes. Not based on seniority or position or even leadership skills, mind you, but apparently based on how much he thinks they matter. Is there such a thing as "team dis-unity building"?

Imagine how you'd feel as one of the players left on the practice field that day, as your coach proudly explains how he whisked all of the leaders elsewhere. Let's say you're a hard-working NFL veteran who has been trying to show the young players how to be a pro. What kind of authority do you have now. Or let's say you're Greg McElroy, trying to, you know, lead the team?

It's fine to have meetings of your leadership, but you don't do it like that. It seems to me that the individual most in need of leadership training in Jets land may be Mr. Ryan.

What you said may be quite true.

But really, why spoil the fun? Continue, gentlemen!

Good point. Lost in all of this is the one overriding fact.

The Jets suck.

Fail.

The Patriots would send the ENTIRE team - - not just the 1/3 of the team and telegraph to the other 2/3's (and the rest of the world) that 34 players aren't as important as the top 19.

Honestly, I hope the Jets franchise remains forever as far in the dark about that distinction as your post.

Last edited:

Yeah..... no. Apples and oranges. It was a poorly thought out PR stunt, and nothing more. However, it IS typical of the way the JESTS run things. Ought to just change their name to the NY Kotites.

Seriously, when you've lost Joe Namath, you've pretty well lost it all.

Joe Namath rips Jets, says he's 'concerned' | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

"I'm concerned with how the Jets are trying to build a team and win a championship," the Hall of Fame quarterback told Adam Schein on SiriusXM Blitz. "They seem more interested in the headlines."

Speaks volumes, that.

Nostradamus had a vision of the Jets winning this year, but he blew it off as a hard nights drinking and debauchery.

how many teams, outside of the 2000 Ravens, won the regular season with defense?

lol I DEF remember alot of those nites in 80s well come to think of it 80s were a blur!

Can we stop with the constant Jet related threads?...Yikes!

Please What Homers. Do I Have to be a homer to seriously believe that Jets are gonna win our division over Pats? What I was referring to was title of this thread. Holmes is a legit team leader Capt Insano. He sums up just what Jets are, 3 Ring Circus.

Last edited:
your gestalt is seemingly vast and immeasurable.....obviously, I am an idiot savant...

Nobody said anything about you being a savant, Joker. You're just a run-of-the-mill idiot. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye