PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny Woodhead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Great SI Article on Danny Woodhead

It's no accident that it was Belichick that gave both Brady and Woodhead their chances. Belichick has made a career out of arbitraging the inefficiencies of conventional wisdom. I can't imagine Rex Ryan going for it on 4 and 2 like BB did last year. So it's easy to understand how he could let Woodhead slip from his grasp, even as he must have known it was a mistake. Group-think overpowers almost all of us -- but not Belichick.

Belichick as a coach has time and again demonstrated this remarkable capacity to see things in players that most other coaches either pass over or completely miss. I can't see any other coach doing what he has done so far this year. At the beginning of the year, most had written this team off and were waiting for 2011 or 2012 for the new version of the Patriots. However, with Bill, there is no transition, there is only the moment - NOW. I can't find words enough to acknowledge how great this coach has been for this franchise.

Apparently a running back southwest of Foxboro is a fan of Woodhead.

McKnight motivated by Woodhead - Jets Blog - ESPN New York

The results of the Jets’ decision to keep Joe McKnight and cut Danny Woodhead were on full display Monday night in Foxborough.

Woodhead, undrafted out of Division II Chadron State, shined on a national stage (four catches, 104 yards) while McKnight, the Jets' fourth-round pick out of USC (three carries, 19 yards) gained meaningless yards late in the Pats' 45-3 win.

On Friday, McKnight said he uses Woodhead – and the criticism the Jets received from fans and media for keeping him and cutting Woodhead – as motivation.

“Woody’s been a motivation since I got here. Everybody was thinking about Woody more than they were thinking about me,” the Jets’ fourth-round pick said.

McKnight also sees Woodhead as an example of the tenuous nature of employment in the NFL.

And it is working. The game against NE was by far his most impressive game of his NFL career. His 19 yards in that game is in fact the majority of his season total 31 yards.

"Working," then, is a relative term. . . . :singing:

Re: Danny Woodhead as Modell's Employee Selling his own Reebok Jersey

Danny Woodhead as Modell's Employee Selling his own Reebok Jersey
____

I would have posted this in a new thread, but I don't have 50 posts yet....

YouTube - Danny Woodhead as Modell's Employee Selling his own Reebok Jersey

...too funny
Thanks, I saw this in the Herald and was just about to post it too. This thread works just as well, especially for those that may have missed the SI article.

BostonHerald.com - Blogs: Rap Sheet Blog Archive Bonus video of the day: Watch Patriots RB Danny Woodhead try to sell his own jersey at Modell’s

Some stats on Danny....

He was cut so Joe McKnight could stay on the team. McKnight has a grand total of 36 yards and no touchdowns as a Jet all season long. Woodhead got 115 yards in the game vs. the Jets.

Danny Woodhead had total of 711 yards as a NEP. That is more yards than all but two Jets - LT and Greene. Woodhead has more yards than Edward or Holmes, or Keller or Cotchery or Smith. In fact he has more yards than McKnight, Richardson, Turner, Weathersford, Connor and Hartsock combined.

Of course NEP had to let someone go to make room for Woodhead. Such as Maroney who as a total of 124 yards 0 TDs and 1 fumble as compared to Woodheads 711 yards and 5 TDS and 0 fumbles. Or Moss who since leaving NE has racked up 276 yards and 2 TD.

In fact even if you count Moss's production in NE, Woodhead has more yards than Maroney and Moss combined, the same number of TDs and 1 less fumble.

I have to say...this idea that Woodhead is some kind of unprecedented midget is getting ridiculous. What do people think 3rd-down backs look like?

Reality check:

Darren Sproles 5'6.1"
Garrett Wolfe 5'7.4"
Kevin Faulk 5'7.5"
Danny Woodhead 5'7.5"
Leon Washington 5'7.7"
Ray Rice 5'8.0"

Did you ever hear anybody go on and on about how tiny Leon Washington is? Nope, he was just this awesome athlete with great burst and quickness, right? Whereas Little Danny is a humorously undersized "lunch pail guy" who gets by on pure hustle. Well. Ever look at their draft-day measurements?

Washington 5'7.7" 201 4.42/2.65/1.62 17 32.5" 08'09" 4.37 6.96
Woodhead 5'7.5" 197 4.38/2.50/1.44(!) 20 38"(!) 10'01" 4.20 7.03

I love the guy, but I think we can all figure out what's helping to make Woodhead such a folk hero.

I love the guy, but I think we can all figure out what's helping to make Woodhead such a folk hero.

The haircut? ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call