PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny Amendola's Legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultimate confidence in Dola in the tough situations. When the rush is getting home quick and the ball must come out quick into tight coverage for a key first down, Danny Amendola is the guy.

Amendola has earned his place among the great Patriots of the the Brady era. Still, no need to throw shade in Welker's direction.

I wish I had the time and patience to dig up the threads/posts when the Pats signed Amendola and Welker went to denver just so I could bookmark them for when I need a good laugh..

I wish I had the time and patience to dig up the threads/posts when the Pats signed Amendola and Welker went to denver just so I could bookmark them for when I need a good laugh..

There are many such threads that would have great comedic value - and these are only the ones since 2014:

-Patriots "lose out" on bidding war for Darrelle Revis.
-Patriots extend Marcus Cannon (first extension, not this year.)
-Patriots trade Chandler Jones.
-Patriots trade Jamie Collins.

Of course, the all-time best is if you can find the thread where the Patriots drafted low-ceiling Rob Gronkowski over Sergio Kindle, the great pass rusher of all-time.

Clutch as hell.

Hope he signs on for one more year to become part of the Patriots 3-ring club.

Also would give him 5 years with the Patriots, officially making his longest stay here (was with Rams for 4 years).

Amendola has come a long way from #CarPortGate.

carport.jpg

The greatest compliment I can give him is that when I see that he is Brady's target, I know he will not drop it. He does have some sure hands and he is clutch.

this yr, DA was targeted 29 times and caught 23 of them, 79.3% success rate.
Last yr, 65 out of 87 =74.7%

When you said he never dropped balls, it was not a understatement. DAMN

I can already smell the disagrees, but if you honestly told me there was a way we could keep Gronk/Amendola on ice until December every year I'd sign up for it...

When he was first signed, I was pretty high on him. But I was expecting him to turn into a stat machine. What we got has been far better, if you ask me.

He makes plays when it counts. He's a baller, and tough as nails. I'd almost go so far as to say he could become a WR version of Kevin Faulk (if he hasn't already filled that role a bit); he may not be the feature guy, or all that great for your fantasy team, but he's going to make the big plays in big moments. A true Patriot.

Mr. Reliable. Dola's a winner.

Amendola is kinda like this guy who is encased in glass during the regular season with a big sign on the front:

"In case of playoff emergency, break glass"

When the SHTF, he steps up.

I agree, and really hope he's back next year! I was always shocked seeing all the posts to get rid of him. Hell, every time we needed a big first down, I know I was looking to see if he was out there, always felt better when I seen he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST