PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny Amendola (hip) tore the adductor muscle; out 3-4 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
If JE keeps his production up, this spring his agents are going to ask for a contract similar to Amendola's, and they'd be right to do so. At that point, it would probably be an either/or situation for the Patriots. Danny might be one and done.

"Soft tissue" injuries happen to a lot of athletes.. this not a "broken glass" type of thing.

Give him credit for returning to the game Sunday last..

If he has a sports hernia I hope they do surgery because otherwise it will linger. Surgery is a fix, but recovery times can be longer than what some are stating here.

Surgical rehabilitation. Your doctor will develop a rehabilitation plan to help you regain strength and endurance. Most athletes are able to return to sports 6 to 12 weeks after surgery.

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00573

In number of studies have shown between 65% and 90% of athletes are able to return to their activity after surgery for a sports hernia. Rehabilitation from surgery for a sports hernia usually takes about eight weeks.

http://orthopedics.about.com/od/sportsinjuries/a/hernia.htm

People were bagging on all things Rappaport.

People were proven foolish.

Not if they bagged on his 4 week difference in time out. Rappaport was off on that one. It is a 2-4 week injury (or a 3-5 week injury at the time he made the report).

He was right about the fact that there was uncertainty about the injury, but wrong about his estimates. People who made fun of of his wild range of injury were right. I don't know how that is foolish.

I still think it is bad reporting to give wild range in time out without stating why there is a significant leap in time. Even then, he was way too generous in the differential of when Amendola would return. There is only a 1-2 week differential in the time to return whether he has a hernia or not, not a month differential.

I hate to say it but they should just assume this will be a problem and plan around it. I mean 1/2 a game and he is hurt? I was a huge defender of his and thought the injury prone thing was overblown but this is not a great situation...and to be honest it isnt a great situation with him healthy because there are other question marks, i.e. Suds, Gronk, and the rooks performing like bonafide NFL WRs.

I guess there are two options.

1. Do something. I am not even sure what "something" is. Even if you could get some talent here they are not going to be on the same page as TB.

2. Prey that Suds becomes Gronklike, Gronk becomes his old self, and KT, AD, and JB get on TBs page ASAP. Edelman is Edelman but I cant imagine they will go far with him as a number one WR and at the pace he is going I see an injury coming. Lot of iffs above. Lot of iffs.

No Vareen for a while really hurts too. IMO, I think this team is in a bit of trouble no matter how you want to spin it. They dont have the horses and barely squeaking by two crappy teams sort of exposed it a bit.

And lets face it, Allen is probably not quite punting as well as Mesko was this time last year. Also, Ghost while I think solid, dosent appear right now to be playing his best football. Bount isnt what I thought he would be and neither is Washington.

What really stinks is that when TB has great receivers making great plays, he feeds off of it and it elevates his play. When he gets frustrated with the rookie WRs I see it has him getting aggravated, tensing up and not playing his best football. Players elevate their play around their teammates. Dont see a lot of that happening.

This team just needs to "survive" the first half of the season, and with two wins under its belt, is well under way. Every win the Pats get over the next four weeks will be a "bonus" as we wait for key guys to get healthy and the rooks to find their footing. Patience will be important.

I'll take it if 4 weeks is the maximum and Gronk can be back for the Falcons game (which Danny could be back for if he's back in 3 weeks, but I wouldn't push it if Gronk/Edelman are healthy at the time).

He isn't out 3-4 weeks unless he has the hernia and has surgery. What don't you people understand???

Edelman will be a complete substitute for Welker and Amendola if:

• He holds up against the resulting pounding.
  • He maintains his ability to get open even as teams watch film and game plan against him.
  • He doesn't drop many passes.

That's a lot of IFs.

And if he does do all that, he'll probably be expensive to re-sign next offseason, and only worth the money if the Pats are again willing to have their three top receivers (Gronk/Amendola/Edelman) be guys who fit most naturally into the middle of the field.

He isn't out 3-4 weeks unless he has the hernia and has surgery. What don't you people understand???

We understand that he is injured with a pretty significant groin injury of some type. We also know that this is further complicated by a possible hernia and/or torn hip adductors that may require him to undergo surgery. We also know we will get no information from Belichick as to the true time for return. Finally, we know 4 weeks seems like a "best case" scenario for the described injury.

We understand that he is injured with a pretty significant groin injury of some type. We also know that this is further complicated by a possible hernia and/or torn hip adductors that may require him to undergo surgery. We also know we will get no information from Belichick as to the true time for return. Finally, we know 4 weeks seems like a "best case" scenario for the described injury.

I get that but everyone is ignoring all the info given. The pats doctors are divided on if he has a hernia. So he has sent it to 3 more doctors for advice. We know he tore the adductors. But that shouldn't take him out 3-4 weeks. Only the surgery would take him out that long. Now when we get gronk back, we won't need Danny back as soon because of edelmans big plays. We won't know any info unless they announce a surgery. But if he doesn't have it, we won't know anything. Because we want Atlanta and the bucs planning for Danny.

I get that but everyone is ignoring all the info given. The pats doctors are divided on if he has a hernia. So he has sent it to 3 more doctors for advice. We know he tore the adductors. But that shouldn't take him out 3-4 weeks. Only the surgery would take him out that long. Now when we get gronk back, we won't need Danny back as soon because of edelmans big plays. We won't know any info unless they announce a surgery. But if he doesn't have it, we won't know anything. Because we want Atlanta and the bucs planning for Danny.

I'm hearing you not buying into the "best case" aspect of the 3-4 week scenario. Do you really expect to see him in a week or two? The groin injury alone could nag and forstall a quick return.

"Soft tissue" injuries happen to a lot of athletes.. this not a "broken glass" type of thing.

Give him credit for returning to the game Sunday last..

Oh I give him all the credit in the world and he looked like a total stud, especially on the last drive--more upside than Welker. He's a great addition if he can get on the field consistently.

My obligatory negative comment is that he should have taken a seat if he aggravated the injury prior to the final drive. Guys like he and Gronk are too valuable to mess around with injury-wise. Still don't agree with having players as valuable as Gronk in FG protection, nor with Gronk trying to make circus catches with a healing fracture in his arm. Same thing with Amendola--he had to go up high a couple of times and take some punishment on the winning drive.

I'm hearing you not buying into the "best case" aspect of the 3-4 week scenario. Do you really expect to see him in a week or two? The groin injury alone could nag and forstall a quick return.

Never know with bb. I have some questions on why tore adductors would be healed in 2 weeks. It seems like a pretty good injury. But then again, he played a whole half of football with them. So idk. One way says no and one says yes it could happen. I don't think loosing Danny will hurt bad. We need the gronk first. That then opens up our rookies and edleman for more game reps.

Just watching the falcons O. Wont matter if he is back by that game or not. That game is going to be tough. Very tough. Hopefully gronk is back though

He'll probably be back by late Nov...if then. That's a serious injury. Better hope either Dobson or Thompkins become studs or we are screwed.

This guy's history told us he was going to be injured sooner or later yet we took a dumb chance. Feel bad for Brady.

Awful signing since he was the only significant vet that we ended up with. Should have signed someone else as well (And no, Donald Jones isn't a significant WR for a contending team).

I don't care whether he's tough or not, he's never on the field.

I like players that actually play. BB really screwed this season up with some of these decisions, its terrible. Watching the Packers today made me so jealous, its was great to see a real offense with good receivers. I miss that.

This guy's history told us he was going to be injured sooner or later yet we took a dumb chance. Feel bad for Brady.
Ah yes, the PatsFans doctors.

"I knew he would tear his groin because he broke his collarbone last year!"

Ah yes, the PatsFans doctors.

"I knew he would tear his groin because he broke his collarbone last year!"

It doesn't matter why, the fact of the matter is he's ALWAYS hurt, small or big. I don't care that he's younger then Welker, taller and faster. Welker plays in every game. This guy would be lucky to get 6-7 games this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News