PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny Amendola (hip) tore the adductor muscle; out 3-4 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait is at 3-4 weeks from the date of surgery? If thhe surgery tool place already great, otherwise amendola could still miss another momth.

More than a half hour after the O.P., and this hasn't been done yet:

Elijah.jpg

This place is slipping.

That image has basically been the premiere meme since February and i STILL haven't watched that movie, :(

Wait is at 3-4 weeks from the date of surgery? If thhe surgery tool place already great, otherwise amendola could still miss another momth.

According to the reports I've seen/heard, there's a split on whether or not there's a sports hernia, so no surgery has yet happened.

With respect, and why is it a surprise that media with direct contact with the teams (who report for a living) would have better information than you would?

Did you mean to quote me because I have no idea what you are saying here.

I think he worsened it in the bills game but we wouldnt be 2-0 without him.

It's not one of those injuries you want to work through. I'd bet my lunch he made a strain a tear by playing through it

Not necessarily. Many ligament and muscle repairs make it stronger than before the tear. Not sure if it is the case here.

Some players heal faster than others. Amendola was only out for three or four weeks with a broke clavicle.

They won't rush him back, but if it is a 3-4 week injury. The difference between three to four weeks can many times be pain and movement issues. Again, it may not be in this case.

I am a huge Edelman - always have been since the September 2009 Jets game.
He has been here a long time and has shown toughness, smarts, and dedication. He has been injury-prone - but so has every Patriots WR I can think of who was not and Troy or Wes. He deserves a small raise.

By the way, I think it would be foolish to not kick the tires on Twiggy Branch and Brandon Lloyd right now.

I agree. I hope he's the toughest mofo ever to live, because at this rate he'll be so beat up by week 5 that it's scary.

Well, the the other report we heard on this earlier said as much as 6 weeks, and even if surgery hasn't taken place it's still in the timeframe for that.

I agree. I hope he's the toughest mofo ever to live, because at this rate he'll be so beat up by week 5 that it's scary.

Hopefully the return of Gronkenstein (who I expect to be back by week 4) and a slight improvement by the rookies (IE: they can sustain 3 pt drives), will alleviate some of the weight that Edelman is carrying.

My guess is he will have it Monday or Tuesday. He will likely be back either vs. the Saints or the Jets if the timeline estimates are correct.

Maybe we should of just signed both Wes and Danny...?

I had recently read somewhere that this was the original plan. Had the Hernandez situation unfolded sooner, this likely would have been the reality. We'll see how creative this team gets with the existing cast.

Non contact injury......what happens when he actually gets tackled?

Can someone cover Edelman up with bubble wrap?

BTW, it is only 3-4 weeks if it is indeed a sports hernia and needs surgery. It could be only another 2-3 weeks if it is only the adductor muscle and doesn't require surgery:

Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reports that Amendola has torn adductor muscles in his hip and that he has received conflicting reports from two doctors about the nature of another injury. One doctor says that it is a sports hernia injury that requires surgery while the other one says that Amendola does not have a sports hernia.

Glazer reports that Amendola’s sending the results of tests to more doctors in hopes of settling the issue. If he does have surgery it would be somewhere around three or four weeks before he’d be recovered, but Glazer’s report indicates that he’ll be out at least another couple of weeks as a result of the adductor injury even if he doesn’t need an operation.

Report: Amendola has torn adductors, may have sports hernia | ProFootballTalk

And all those people who were bagging on Rappapport are looking even more foolish today.

I hate to say it but they should just assume this will be a problem and plan around it. I mean 1/2 a game and he is hurt? I was a huge defender of his and thought the injury prone thing was overblown but this is not a great situation...and to be honest it isnt a great situation with him healthy because there are other question marks, i.e. Suds, Gronk, and the rooks performing like bonafide NFL WRs.

I guess there are two options.

1. Do something. I am not even sure what "something" is. Even if you could get some talent here they are not going to be on the same page as TB.

2. Prey that Suds becomes Gronklike, Gronk becomes his old self, and KT, AD, and JB get on TBs page ASAP. Edelman is Edelman but I cant imagine they will go far with him as a number one WR and at the pace he is going I see an injury coming. Lot of iffs above. Lot of iffs.

No Vareen for a while really hurts too. IMO, I think this team is in a bit of trouble no matter how you want to spin it. They dont have the horses and barely squeaking by two crappy teams sort of exposed it a bit.

And lets face it, Allen is probably not quite punting as well as Mesko was this time last year. Also, Ghost while I think solid, dosent appear right now to be playing his best football. Bount isnt what I thought he would be and neither is Washington.

What really stinks is that when TB has great receivers making great plays, he feeds off of it and it elevates his play. When he gets frustrated with the rookie WRs I see it has him getting aggravated, tensing up and not playing his best football. Players elevate their play around their teammates. Dont see a lot of that happening.

And all those people who were bagging on Rappapport are looking even more foolish today.

People were bagging on his willingly varied length of time he is out. Even with Glazier's multiple diagnosis, there is only two week or so difference based on which ever diagnosis the consensus of doctors think. Glazier has about 2-4 weeks from this point.

This "news" is the usual bunch of nothing from mediots.

A strained groin IS a muscle tear. That's what hurts! In this case, the muscles along the inside of the hip/thigh. Just like a "hamstring" injury, only the front of the leg. In both cases, we aren't talking about muscles torn completely in half. Small partial tears.

The term "sports hernia" is a layman's term for a muscle strain/tear of the muscles along the lower abdomen -- like the obliques. Again, no big news here.

People were bagging on his willingly varied length of time he is out. Even with Glazier's multiple diagnosis, there is only two week or so difference based on which ever diagnosis the consensus of doctors think. Glazier has about 2-4 weeks from this point.

People were bagging on all things Rappaport.

People were proven foolish.

That adductor muscle injury can be painful. It feels like a very, very painful hip pointer.

BTW - if you watched Amendola walk around following plays in the Bills game, I can see him walking around like he pulled a groin. Its' quite possible that he has a sports hernia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes