PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Danny Amendola (hip) tore the adductor muscle; out 3-4 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
It basically states that he totally tore his adductor longus muscle/tendon which is normally snipped from the pubic bone by doctors during the surgery process.

Teeth grinding, eyes watering, Waxy bravely paid the price for regularly reading a sports forum.

Looks new to me. That'd be really good news if he can play next week.

I think it may point to very positive news regarding this issue, Sciz.

It seems that it's not unreasonable to expect him back within the next 1 (at best) to 3 (probably at worst) weeks from now.

It also stated that he has not been complaining of discomfort in his abdomen, so the fear of needing sports hernia surgery has subsided.

Teeth grinding, eyes watering, Waxy bravely paid the price for regularly reading a sports forum.

Yeah, Amendola may be somewhat unlucky or unfortunate in the sense that he has experienced some pitfalls in the injury dept, but one thing is for sure---the kid seems to be pretty tough, and that may prove to be big moving forward.

There's always use for tough, hard-nosed football players on this team, especially those with the talent and upside that he has. If he can stay relatively injury free (obviously the main concern) he has the potential to be a very nice pickup both now and for the future.

Let's remember that he suffered that career, even life threatening injury last season and only missed 3 games.

If he actually tore this muscle..he would not be practicing. If he did tear it and IS practicing...he or the team is making a big mistake. I talked to my PT the other day for 15 min about it as he is a big pats fan as well and i asked him if he has gotten people in before due to this injury ( i am having hip issues myself as this PT specializes in the hip/back area..my problem area)

Not sure if this has been discussed, but I found this article from yahoo sports which describes exactly "why" Amendola did not have surgery:

Y! SPORTS

It basically states that he totally tore his adductor longus muscle/tendon which is normally snipped from the pubic bone by doctors during the surgery process. Therefore he pretty much did the doctor's work for them which makes the need for surgery pointless.

It also describes that he benefits from a quicker recovery time (normally 3-4 wks) as opposed to if he had done the surgery.

Apologies if this is already known in the Boston/NE area, but I hadn't heard the specifics stated so I figured that I'd share.

Thanks Sup. If this is the injury, Amendola most likely had an acute rupture (not chronic groin pain mentioned in this article). The normal surgical procedure is reattachment, but it can indeed be treated nonsurgically with faster recovery times, though tending to be a bit longer than those cited (3-12 weeks, average 6 weeks). Would love to see him sooner, as I don't think we have another receiver in his class. If Amendola is able to return in the next week or two, his toughness would be remarkable indeed, you might even say Welkeresque.

http://www.harbinclinic.com/umages/pdfs/adductor.pdf

Bill's drafts over the years are littered with guys whom he selected well above their status
and who never panned out; had he merely bet the chalk in those cases, many of them would
have performed well for us during the length of their rookie contracts, if not longer.

And many of his picks have turned out well.
What you are asking for is that the Patriots do not scout and ask Mel Kiper who to draft. The problem with this approach, of course, is that you want to select the guy who turned out well for that slot, when in fact, he was not the guy who would have been picked in your scenario, but just the next one that worked out.
Yes, there were players still on the board when we made picks that turned out better than the guy we picked. That happens with 95% of all picks.

If Amendola really did play through a completely torn groin during that Bills game, I have a profound amount of respect for the man. I have had a groin tear and it is a hellacious pain to do anything but sit still. To run and cut like he did takes some serious balls.

I think at this point we can assume that Amendola is not soft but he may just be one of those guys who is more prone to getting hurt. The good news is with proper training, stretching and a bit of luck, he can turn that around.

Report states #Patriots WR Danny Amendola could be ready to play in week 4.

would be good..him and gronk back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back