PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Daniel Braverman: The Next In Line?

manxman2601

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Let's not beat around the bush, Daniel Braverman is a white 5-11 slot WR from Western Michigan, a RS Junior. That alone makes for an obvious link to the Patriots. But, just as Julian Edelman leads the league in targets in the NFL, Braverman leads CFB in receptions with 50 catches through just four games including 13 against Michigan State and 10 against Ohio State (throw in a 55yard TD in that game too). Now, Western Michigan employ the jet sweep as an offensive strategy which counts as a forward pass and therefore a catch, so that skews the statistic a little, but even so, he's also had over 500 yards receiving so, jet sweep or no, he's moving the football.

Looks to have 4-4 speed and has that shiftiness that makes him a potential Pats fit.

Let's not beat around the bush, Daniel Braverman is a white 5-11 slot WR from Western Michigan, a RS Junior. That alone makes for an obvious link to the Patriots. But, just as Julian Edelman leads the league in targets in the NFL, Braverman leads CFB in receptions with 50 catches through just four games including 13 against Michigan State and 10 against Ohio State (throw in a 55yard TD in that game too). Now, Western Michigan employ the jet sweep as an offensive strategy which counts as a forward pass and therefore a catch, so that skews the statistic a little, but even so, he's also had over 500 yards receiving so, jet sweep or no, he's moving the football.

Looks to have 4-4 speed and has that shiftiness that makes him a potential Pats fit.

Absolutely love The Jet Sweep!! That's FootBall, baby!!
smiley_headbanger.gif

My personal approach to building a Team wouldn't include SlotBacks like Braverman ~ though they're obviously integral to Mad Bill's historically phenomenal approach, so I'm not gonna Dis it.

But if you are going to deploy SlotBacks, man, I'd be running that Jet Sweep constantly.

Of course, I'd be running'm constantly anyway!!
smiley_headbanger.gif

smiley_headbanger.gif

My personal approach to building a Team wouldn't include SlotBacks like Braverman ~ though they're obviously integral to Mad Bill's historically phenomenal approach, so I'm not gonna Dis it.

But if you are going to deploy SlotBacks, man, I'd be running that Jet Sweep constantly.

smiley_headbanger.gif

If BB was running the Jet Sweep, it would be a TE Jet Sweep out of a 4 TE formation with 3 lead blocking TEs.

smiley_headbanger.gif

smiley_headbanger.gif

If BB was running the Jet Sweep, it would be a TE Jet Sweep out of a 4 TE formation with 3 lead blocking TEs.

Man, I'd love to see that ~ 4 (or 5!!! :eek: ) Towering Tight Ends galumphing down the Field!!
jester.gif

Braverman has declared for the draft. One to bear in mind if Amendola gets released for salary cap reasons. Not saying he will be.

Yeah,
Braverman is almost a perfect fit for this team and they way the Patriots run their offense. Quick, fast, with reliable hands will definitely but him on BB radar. He will be the pick and everyone will hate it because he is not a big, tall guy to stretch the field.
I like him in the limited film I have watched of him. In my notes I wrote-the next Edelman, Welker? so it looks like we are on the same page with him.

Needs to bulk up ( easy with the help of Pats trainers/staff ), If DA gets released ok cool fine with it, but if not don't want more short slot guys!!.. Hoping ( obviously not holding breath or making any bets ) that this is finally the year we draft a couple 6'2,6'4ish take top off the D wr's!! :)

Needs to bulk up ( easy with the help of Pats trainers/staff ), If DA gets released ok cool fine with it, but if not don't want more short slot guys!!.. Hoping ( obviously not holding breath or making any bets ) that this is finally the year we draft a couple 6'2,6'4ish take top off the D wr's!! :)

I just don't think that is Brady's game anymore. He is getting the ball out quicker and more accurate. He needs more (and better) short route receivers. He only really needs one guy who can play on the outside to keep defenses honest.

Sterling shepherd is another guy who should be a Deion branch clone as well.

I have liked of what I've seen of Sterling Shepard so far. I just wish we'd finally get that excitement for once instead of being let down with some wayyyy over shot 2nd rd pick like Jordan Richards ( still hasn't done a damn thing for being a 2nd rounder!! ) which could a been had in the 5th rd at least if not later ( which was very realistic!! ) and while there were some goof wr talent still on the board!!.. Ya, i know BB's the genius and one of the greats but he's still HUMAN and i just don't EVER see that Richards selection being justified!!.. Could of had a lot better TALENT from that pick!!

P.S. I almost forgot i was watching the bowl game that featured Texas A n M and i forget the opponent, but they have a wide receiver named Reynolds who was looking pretty bad azz!!.. would make a hell of a nice potential Patriot!! :). Anyone knows more about him or heard of him pleez chime in.

Parrish cooper has had tremendous success in the sec with less than average qb's throwing the ball.

Depending on his 3 cone time, he could take amendola's place.

Good interview with Braverman here.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back