PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Damar Hamlin Updates

Hamlins father addressed the team according to Schefter informing them he’s making progress. This could go either way on Sunday, either the Bills are shook from what happened and lay an egg, or they come out inspired and kick the Pats asses, I’m betting it’s the latter.
The Pats way to the postseason is not through Buffalo.

The Browns, Jags and Jets need to win.

Marfan Syndrome is a very real thing when it comes to on-court or on-field collapses. Flo Hyman, at 6'5", was one of the first really tall female volleyball players (they're much more common now), and came off the court when playing in a Japanese league, sat down on the bench and died of a ruptured aorta, something people with Marfan Syndrome are at much greater risk for.

I was/am a big volleyball fan and it was a shock. Never knew such a thing existed.

Hamlins father addressed the team according to Schefter informing them he’s making progress. This could go either way on Sunday, either the Bills are shook from what happened and lay an egg, or they come out inspired and kick the Pats asses, I’m betting it’s the latter.
Ya, it's shaping up to be the world against the Patriots in this one. All the emotion and morale on the side of the Bills.
The only caveat is if the defense (specifically secondary) is rattled when they get back on the field, and they play timid. (I wouldn't blame them!)

Ya, it's shaping up to be the world against the Patriots in this one.
While we've seen this movie, not at this level. Think the world hates the Pats? Watch what happens if they win.
angry the grinch GIF

Last edited:
This is great for all involved
And
In a small part...us too as fans of this great sport
Damar be strong ! FORZA

YESSSSSSSSSSS. A special thanks goes out to the on field and hospital medical staff. Great job. Keep fighting Damar!

Excellent news on Damar. Long way to go but he's a fighter.

Ya, it's shaping up to be the world against the Patriots in this one. All the emotion and morale on the side of the Bills.
The only caveat is if the defense (specifically secondary) is rattled when they get back on the field, and they play timid. (I wouldn't blame them!)
Yeah, this is going to be a ''lets win this game for Damar'' rallying call within the Bills locker room.
BTW Damar neurologically being intact is the best news. The docs can heal his heart and lungs but once brain cells die theres no way to heal or regenerate them.

Good news. Still in critical condition, but neurologically intact.
Regaining consciousness is huge (one visitor claimed he was "awake"). Then the tweet saying he was squeezing hands is amazing.

This IS great news. The key words in the above text is "neurologically intact".

That being said it SHOULD be noted that Hamlin's cardiac arrest may have very little to do with him playing football. I watched this play over and over again and in NO way could I consider it a "hard hit" in any context. When the Lions guy who DID die on the field, it was found at autopsy that he had the heard of a 60 year old and it had nothing to do with him playing football.

I hope in 60 years from now when they finally do Hamlin's autopsy they could very well find some abnormalities that would explain this. OR it just might have been just that one in a million event where a bump to the chest at JUST the wrong time caused the electrical failure that led to the stopping of his heart.

I'm also getting a little pissed at the player driven narrative that they are risking their lives every time they go on the field. The game's been being played for over a HUNDRED years and Hughes has been the ONLY death and THAT one was proven that football wasn't the reason he died that day. The whole drama of this event IMHO has become a bit overblown. Too much attention has been directed to the drama and how the suspension will affect the playoffs and NOT enough paid to the first responders who ACTUALLY saved the guy's life. Don't you find it odd that NO one can name even ONE guy who saved Hamlin's life?

Now that being said, professional football players are playing a Violent game, where serious injury IS a constant risk. But they are also being VERY well paid for that risk, even at the bottom of the roster. Who is more at risk. An NFL player making a Million a year or a coal miner working a lot of overtime to make $100,000

This IS great news. The key words in the above text is "neurologically intact".

That being said it SHOULD be noted that Hamlin's cardiac arrest may have very little to do with him playing football. I watched this play over and over again and in NO way could I consider it a "hard hit" in any context. When the Lions guy who DID die on the field, it was found at autopsy that he had the heard of a 60 year old and it had nothing to do with him playing football.

I hope in 60 years from now when they finally do Hamlin's autopsy they could very well find some abnormalities that would explain this. OR it just might have been just that one in a million event where a bump to the chest at JUST the wrong time caused the electrical failure that led to the stopping of his heart.

I'm also getting a little pissed at the player driven narrative that they are risking their lives every time they go on the field. The game's been being played for over a HUNDRED years and Hughes has been the ONLY death and THAT one was proven that football wasn't the reason he died that day. The whole drama of this event IMHO has become a bit overblown. Too much attention has been directed to the drama and how the suspension will affect the playoffs and NOT enough paid to the first responders who ACTUALLY saved the guy's life. Don't you find it odd that NO one can name even ONE guy who saved Hamlin's life?

Now that being said, professional football players are playing a Violent game, where serious injury IS a constant risk. But they are also being VERY well paid for that risk, even at the bottom of the roster. Who is more at risk. An NFL player making a Million a year or a coal miner working a lot of overtime to make $100,000
Agree. I was chiefly concerned about his neurological disposition but seems like he'll be ok in that regard.

If it wasn't for the 1st responders/in-stadium medical team being very good at their jobs and springing into action immediately, this likely would've been a tragic outcome. They are the the heroes

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back