PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Czarnecki: good chance Pats trade Branch this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
patchick said:
NJ, "you're making his point." He's not deferring to their opinion, he's saying he thinks that people watching the NFL from other markets are misreading the situation because they don't understand how this team operates. So we should take a lot of the rumblings and "league sources" with a grain of salt.

FWIW, I'm on record as part of the crazy optimist camp thinking Branch is pretty likely to come back to the Patriots.

If he does come back to the Pats, it will never be as it was before. Actions such as this have consequences. I think at this point everyone would be better off to get our 1st and 3rd (this year or next) and see what we can do with those.

We do not need petulant players who sue the club and file grievances with no precedent and with no legal basis.

It's over for Deion in NE, at least for this fan.

It's Chad and Ben time...

A personal note to The Twig

Deion my man, word up is that you're beside yourself that it's come to this. Why not come over my place and watch the game? I have an HDTV and we can chill out. Bring an old uniform. I'm the same size & we can play dress up.

BJ_McWild said:
It's over for Deion in NE, at least for this fan.
You got that right. I do want him back. But the sweet smile, the "yes sirs", etc, will no longer put the smile on my face like they used to.

NEM said:
I look for a no huddle,passing attack from the getgo.

Nem, you might be onto something there. If you can control the tempo, as in no-huddle or switching back to regular clock management, you could drive a defensive coordinator crazy. Not to mention, going no-huddle from the get go could cause a lot of confusion on the D at the start of a game.

The deal with Deion is business. If he comes back fine. He can help the team (which he can) that's the borrom line.

If Brach comes back with Jackson and Gabriel coming online, T Brown as the #4 and Caldwell/Childress as #5. This could be a totally dominant O.

I don't believe the Fo takes anything personally, that is why they are the best. As Curran noted they don't get stampeded by public opinion. They stayed focused on the goal (playoffs/SB).

patchick said:
NJ, "you're making his point." He's not deferring to their opinion, he's saying he thinks that people watching the NFL from other markets are misreading the situation because they don't understand how this team operates. So we should take a lot of the rumblings and "league sources" with a grain of salt.

I re-read the second, slightly most comprehendable post, and I now agree with you.

R

cloud34 said:
pats will not 'pay him what he was getting elsewhere'. To do that, they'd have to rip up the last year of his current contract...sorry, ain't gonna happen.
can never say never- him firing his agent is also remote so if that happens who knows how the patriots will react.maybe they will pay him more .

I trust Curran more than most. I've been waiting for the "lightbulb" to go on over Deion's head.

"But you told me if I held out, they'd give me what I wanted? Now the season's already started":confused: :confused: :confused:

SVN said:
can never say never- him firing his agent is also remote so if that happens who knows how the patriots will react.maybe they will pay him more .

I personally think him firing his agent is the most likely possibility right now.

Next most likely is a trade favorable to us, (a #1 plus).

:woohoo: Charlie "friggin" Casserly just prognosticated that Deion would be traded - he re-signs with the Pats for sure now!!

EDIT: AGGHHH! He also picked Maroney to be the most well-rounded RB from this years draft! We're doooooooooommmmmmed! :(

Last edited:
Imagine how upset Deion "money" Branch will be when he figures out there's no paycheck coming this week either :eek:

Box_O_Rocks said:
:woohoo: Charlie "friggin" Casserly just prognosticated that Deion would be traded - he re-signs with the Pats for sure now!!

EDIT: AGGHHH! He also picked Maroney to be the most well-rounded RB from this years draft! We're doooooooooommmmmmed! :(
wasnt there some hard feelings between him and the pats FO when he was with the texans -something to do with the givens negotiations.?

SVN said:
wasnt there some hard feelings between him and the pats FO when he was with the texans -something to do with the givens negotiations.?
All I know about him is he's a loser! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call