PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Czarnecki: good chance Pats trade Branch this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonyExpress

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Don't mean to distract from the game. FWIW, came across this at foxsports.com while doing my Sunday ritual reading (Czarnecki is foxsports' answer to Pasquarelli):
"Buffalo at New England: There's a good chance, according to a top NFL source, that the Patriots will trade holdout WR Deion Branch this week and not wait for the player's grievances to be heard." I still say he's bluffing and back next week, but just passing on the info.

Last edited:
Curren was on the new WEEI show this AM and he thinks (sounded like he hears but he clearly stated he has had no "direct" with any of the principals) Deion is beside himself that it has come to this (opening day and he's sitting home) and the impediment is Chayut at this point. He said all the other local and national guys he is meeting in his new gig see this as a hugh crisis because with the franchises they cover it would be. And they would cave over perceived need or trade just to get it over with because that is what they do.

MoLewisrocks said:
Curren was on the new WEEI show this AM and he thinks (sounded like he hears but he clearly stated he has had no "direct" with any of the principals) Deion is beside himself that it has come to this (opening day and he's sitting home) and the impediment is Chayut at this point. He said all the other local and national guys he is meeting in his new gig see this as a hugh crisis because with the franchises they cover it would be. And they would cave over perceived need or trade just to get it over with because that is what they do.
huh?......

I really hope Deion caves and comes back and can sign him to a deal b/w our initial deal and the one he asked for - so everyone quasi-faves face.

Well if a trade happens it would be too bad for Deion. If he cries after he's gone then its too bad.

PonyExpress said:
Don't mean to distract from the game. FWIW, came across this at foxsports.com while doing my Sunday ritual reading (Czarnecki is foxsports' answer to Pasquarelli):
"Buffalo at New England: There's a good chance, according to a top NFL source, that the Patriots will trade holdout WR Deion Branch this week and not wait for the player's grievances to be heard." I still say he's bluffing and back next week, but just passing on the info.

I thought the grievance was supposed to happen yesterday, no?

cloud34 said:
huh?......

OK I thought that was pretty self explanatory but let's try again. Curren (former ProJo Pat beats guy until last week) who is now the national NFL reporter for the new NCB.com (and is also a regular on the new WEEI Sunday AM radio patriots football show) was indicating that the guys he now meets all have a far more significant read on this Branch situation than do those who have covered this team and know it moves on. That is because the teams they all cover would either cave and sign or cave and trade this week if it were their #1 WR holding out. So you have to take their read on the situation here, even when they claim league sources, with a grain of salt.

NEM said:
I think that Jackson and Gabriel's performances will be the deciding factor on what they do with Branch.
I wouldn't expect much from them today as they're new and the Bills have good CB. This should be a RB/TE day on offense.

PonyExpress said:
Too bad for the player that he'll have the same view of the game as I will - albeit on what's likely a bigger TV than mine ;)

I don't see the hearing happening as either he will be traded or signed this week, neither party wants to be acted upon by a third party arbitrator... I also suspect that the NFL is complicit to resolve this situation.

MoLewisrocks said:
OK I thought that was pretty self explanatory but let's try again. Curren (former ProJo Pat beats guy until last week) who is now the national NFL reporter for the new NCB.com (and is also a regular on the new WEEI Sunday AM radio patriots football show) was indicating that the guys he now meets all have a far more significant read on this Branch situation than do those who have covered this team and know it moves on. That is because the teams they all cover would either cave and sign or cave and trade this week if it were their #1 WR holding out. So you have to take their read on the situation here, even when they claim league sources, with a grain of salt.
I got you thie first time....missed what TC said..but makes mucho sense...

MoLewisrocks said:

Anyone think that the Patriots are "any other team" ?

How poor a reporter do you have to be when you defer to out-of-town hacks that have spent the last five years misjudging this team.

R

MoLewisrocks said:
Deion is beside himself that it has come to this (opening day and he's sitting home) and the impediment is Chayut at this point.

Chayut is clearly not the right agent for Branch - he needs an experienced agent who the clubs can deal wth. Branch said he wanted to sit out so let him sit out.

Last edited:
MoLewisrocks said:
Deion is beside himself that it has come to this (opening day and he's sitting home) and the impediment is Chayut at this point.

I hope this part is true. Curran is usually not one to blow smoke.

best case scenario is that branch changes agents and pats pay him what he was getting elsewhere. both win and other players also understand how to negiotiate with the pats -not publicly.

NEM said:
I look for a no huddle,passing attack from the getgo.

Thats surprising.:rolleyes: ;)

SVN said:
best case scenario is that branch changes agents and pats pay him what he was getting elsewhere.
Only with the contract starting next year - otherwise the Patriots caved.

SVN said:
best case scenario is that branch changes agents and pats pay him what he was getting elsewhere. both win and other players also understand how to negiotiate with the pats -not publicly.
I hope that is true...That he is beside himself shows how out of touch with reality he is...he **** does not get it!! Fire Chuyut and get on with it...

SVN said:
pats will not 'pay him what he was getting elsewhere'. To do that, they'd have to rip up the last year of his current contract...sorry, ain't gonna happen.

njpatsfan said:
Anyone think that the Patriots are "any other team" ?

How poor a reporter do you have to be when you defer to out-of-town hacks that have spent the last five years misjudging this team.

NJ, "you're making his point." He's not deferring to their opinion, he's saying he thinks that people watching the NFL from other markets are misreading the situation because they don't understand how this team operates. So we should take a lot of the rumblings and "league sources" with a grain of salt.

FWIW, I'm on record as part of the crazy optimist camp thinking Branch is pretty likely to come back to the Patriots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back