PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cut Jones now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a reminder, Chris Harper was cut for one fumble.

Jones has five.
Chris Harper wasn't a second round pick in his first season.

I think Jones needs to be shelved for the year. At least for certain be shelved on KR's.

His rookie year has obviously been a massive disapointment. Let him get his mind right and keep him on the bench.

If he pulls more of the same next year, then cut bait.

Jones should not return kicks for the rest of the year. Let him work with the defense and keep his mind on just that task.

Work on the other issue after the season.

We are getting really close to the post season, he should not be used for kick returns or punt returns going forward. I haven't seen much of him on defense, he hasn't been standing out.
I hope we have someone reliable returning kicks next week or it's gonna be a nightmare.

I miss Amendola already...

Ridley was put in Belichick's doghouse with not nearly as bad a touch to fumble ratio.

Probably because he is an Alabama kid and BB favors Alabama players because of Sabin...I hope it's not too late until he realizes the flaws with this guy.

Ridley was put in Belichick's doghouse with not nearly as bad a touch to fumble ratio.

Ridley also handled the football 15-20 times a game, whereas Jones might get 3-5 touches on return opportunities.

Everyone in this thread sometime around oh, I dunno, 2002:

Cut Kevin Faulk-UP NOW!!!

Not just Faulk, but Patrick Pass, JR Redmond and any number of "return" guys we have had. That includes Edelman and Amendola who also had fumble issues in the return game.

And what about Slater too?

Only a full-on moron would urge that Jones be cut. He's a rookie. Rookies make mistakes. Keep him on the defense and let him regain his confidence.

Hell, the only reason he's out there is because we are so short on WR's that we can't risk getting any of them hurt.

They had four healthy scratches this week, including Foster who just cleared waivers a few weeks ago. There's no reason to cut anybody who they can turn into a contributor by next September. If they don't want Jones on the field, then just make him inactive.

they should just take him off special teams. yes BB wants players to play multiple roles but he needs to take the kid of the hot stove for this yr. Yes, bb wants to see mental toughness to see if he can come back but give the kid a break for the year. try again next yr. he needs to relax and let the game come to him next yr.

They had four healthy scratches this week, including Foster who just cleared waivers a few weeks ago. There's no reason to cut anybody who they can turn into a contributor by next September. If they don't want Jones on the field, then just make him inactive.
Jones' head isn't in the right space and it's clear his decision making is affecting his execution. He's made some howlers and he's not having a great rookie season but **** me, cut the kid in his rookie season for making rookie mistakes? It's madness.

Pick 6 in preseason and looking somewhat useful in coverage.
BB compared him to Assante Samuel

So you're saying he'll drop a game sealing INT in the super bowl? Can't wait LOL

jones needs electro shock treatments. what a head case. talk about being tight. choke choke choke.

Brady caught Weddle telegraphing a coverage in the 4th quarter...Brady KNEW Hogan saw it...Brady broke the Ratbird's azzes and shmuckle nucked Turdbrain Harbawl. This team isn't going to be a loser because of a rookie's mistake, it is and will keep being a winner because we are blessed with the GREATEST ****IN' NFL QB IN HISTORY....maybe you wailing teeth gnashers MISSED this important fact while hunkered down in mommy's safe space basement clutching your bag of Hostess mini-sugar frosted donuts...or maybe you're actually a pack of fake Pats fan trolls...never seen so much crying and fear in my life as a Pats fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST