PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curt v. NYYFans.com

Ahh I didn't know that. Good to know. You're right on this point. That Yanks lately seem to have no team spirit. Hired guns are ok, but they seem to be taking too many or too many of the wrong kind. It can be an advantage, but it seems like it's not 100%.

I will say that though I love his ability, generally Schilling annoys me. Especially with his goodie gum drops crusade against steroid users. But it does make me happy how much he annoys the idiot fans.

Schilling is a drama queen. He loves attention. If he does anything, he likes to let everyone know about it and then pat himself on the back for it. I really can't stand the guy I just thought it was funny that he posted in a yankees forum.

Schilling is a drama queen. He loves attention. If he does anything, he likes to let everyone know about it and then pat himself on the back for it. I really can't stand the guy I just thought it was funny that he posted in a yankees forum.

Schill brings the talent of being a blowhard to new heights.
What's really amazing is his wife Shonda ... she should be in the wives hall of fame for staying married to him all these years .. then again ... that's why he's on the internet all the time ... she's out shopping.

"I'd hardly call him a "yahoo," yes he's a Yankees fan but I haven't seen him bash the Sox or make outrageous claims about how great the Yankees are or how much the Sox suck, he's usually pretty honest and balanced. You seem to be the one that is trying to attack him only because he's a Yankee fan. What has he said exactly that you take issue with?"

He's the one who called me a yahoo and used terms like ******, pinkhat, etc, etc towards me in an indirect way. All I said was after the A-Rod thing came out is lets see what Realworld has to say about this; his reaction was to call me a yahoo.

Next time you want to defend somone, get your facts strait and do your homework, ie, read all of the posts before you take a side.

And I don't think he needs you sticking your nose in where it doesn't belong either; he's got a pair, he can defend himself.

"I'd hardly call him a "yahoo," yes he's a Yankees fan but I haven't seen him bash the Sox or make outrageous claims about how great the Yankees are or how much the Sox suck, he's usually pretty honest and balanced. You seem to be the one that is trying to attack him only because he's a Yankee fan. What has he said exactly that you take issue with?"

He's the one who called me a yahoo and used terms like ******, pinkhat, etc, etc towards me in an indirect way. All I said was after the A-Rod thing came out is lets see what Realworld has to say about this; his reaction was to call me a yahoo.

Next time you want to defend somone, get your facts strait and do your homework, ie, read all of the posts before you take a side.

And I don't think he needs you sticking your nose in where it doesn't belong either; he's got a pair, he can defend himself.

I started this thread and you derailed it by taking pot shots like this in your first post before he even said anything:

Can't wait for that ballbag realworld's take on this; should be an award winner.

He didn't call you a pinkhat or a ******, just accurately pointed out that you're a yahoo. He then went on to simply say that he roots for the players on his team when they're playing, but will openly say he doesn't like some of them as people, a very fair and honest assessment that people like you are incapable of giving. I don't pick sides based on what sports team someone roots for (another sign of a yahoo) but I will point out in MY thread that you are being a total douche. The fact that you would type this:

And the fact that I hate 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 999999999999999999999999999999999% of all Yankee fans also does not make me a yahoo either.

Only underscores that fact. If you really actually "hate" that many people based on a team they root for, it's time to reevaluate your life. You won't though, you'll come back with another borderline psychotic post calling me all sorts of names because let's face it, you're the guy throwing snowballs at santa claus, the guy who boos his own team, the loudmouth who talks **** constantly instead of discussing anything intelligently as a sports fan. You bring nothing to the conversation except a pathetic attempt to advertise your loyalty by throwing logic and reason out the window. Hence, a yahoo.

Last edited:
That wouldn't be me since I do think the Yankees have an advantage with their payroll. If your reading comprehension were above a 3rd grade level, you'd have understood that my position is that the Redsox shouldn't really be the one's crying about it.
and that position would put you in the yahoo categorie considering the huge difference between the Yankees sox and there payroll. and the fact the sox are in the same division and have to compete directly against the Yankee's. and no the sox do not have the second highest payroll or the third for that matter.

I'd hardly call him a "yahoo," yes he's a Yankees fan but I haven't seen him bash the Sox or make outrageous claims about how great the Yankees are or how much the Sox suck, he's usually pretty honest and balanced. You seem to be the one that is trying to attack him only because he's a Yankee fan. What has he said exactly that you take issue with?

Thanks bro. Much, much appreciated. ;)

I'm a Sox fan, but you're right on this one. While they may not have spending power to match the Yanks 100%, the Sox are always second. I really hate the petty arguments between Sox and Yanks fans. Their rivalry is amazing, but man fans take it to heart too much.

I think the Yankees have an obvious, and undeniable advantage over everyone else. My thing is that Sox fans have less of a gripe cuz they are clearly one of the have's, in aleague of have not's.

I started this thread and you derailed it by taking pot shots like this in your first post before he even said anything:

He didn't call you a pinkhat or a ******, just accurately pointed out that you're a yahoo. He then went on to simply say that he roots for the players on his team when they're playing, but will openly say he doesn't like some of them as people, a very fair and honest assessment that people like you are incapable of giving. I don't pick sides based on what sports team someone roots for (another sign of a yahoo) but I will point out in MY thread that you are being a total douche. The fact that you would type this:

Only underscores that fact. If you really actually "hate" that many people based on a team they root for, it's time to reevaluate your life. You won't though, you'll come back with another borderline psychotic post calling me all sorts of names because let's face it, you're the guy throwing snowballs at santa claus, the guy who boos his own team, the loudmouth who talks **** constantly instead of discussing anything intelligently as a sports fan. You bring nothing to the conversation except a pathetic attempt to advertise your loyalty by throwing logic and reason out the window. Hence, a yahoo.

Wow, I'm ******* speechless.

:youtheman:

Wildo, these types are the reason why I treat the main forum as a "read only" file. ;) Thanks again pal.

Last edited:
and that position would put you in the yahoo categorie considering the huge difference between the Yankees sox and there payroll. and the fact the sox are in the same division and have to compete directly against the Yankee's. and no the sox do not have the second highest payroll or the third for that matter.

The Redsox, in 2004, when they won their first of two World Series, had the second highest payroll in the majors. Once they won the WS, they pulled back a little on spending, cuz they'd finally won. They did increase ticket prices, and add seating in just about every year after though. That year, they spent $27 million more than Anaheim, or 127% of Anaheims total payroll. The Yankees spent 131% of the Redsox total payroll. So while the Sox certainly have a beef, they did to 28 other teams, what the Yankees did to 29. The Redsox are a have, in a league of have nots. Saying this is not a defense of the Yankees ability to spend. The Yankees clearly have an advantage over everyone else, it's just that the Sox shouldn't really be the one's complaining about it. Teams like Kansas City should.

Year / Total Payroll

Team Total payroll
New York Yankees $ 184,193,950
Boston Red Sox $ 127,298,500
Los Angeles Angels $ 100,534,667
New York Mets $ 96,660,970
Philadelphia Phillies $ 93,219,167
Los Angeles Dodgers $ 92,902,001

Hey, congrats Wildo and Real World, I think it is really brave of you two to come out like this on a public forum of all places and show the world how much you two guys really, really care about each other (not that there's anything wrong with that).

In this day and age, it's ok for displays of public affection like this, it really is. Isn't it nice to know Real World how much Wildo REALLY cares, I bet your heart is all a flutter, wow did his claws come out when he thought you needed defending, I guess that's what bromance is all about now isn't it?

This is a sports forum and all, but trust me on this, these sort of things happen more often than you'd think, so dont' be so coy with us. I'm glad to see you two aren't worried about what society thinks.

Real World, nice job posting all of those links to hot looking broads, but you don't have to hide behind who you really are; come on, be proud of what you are, it's ok.

This is Massachusetts after all and this sort of thing is ok, just ask Barney Frank, so I say stop hiding and just go for it you two crazy kids.

All I ask is please let us know when you plan to set a date and where you are registered so we can be sure to get you some nice gifts, ok?

The Redsox, in 2004, when they won their first of two World Series, had the second highest payroll in the majors. Once they won the WS, they pulled back a little on spending, cuz they'd finally won. They did increase ticket prices, and add seating in just about every year after though. That year, they spent $27 million more than Anaheim, or 127% of Anaheims total payroll. The Yankees spent 131% of the Redsox total payroll. So while the Sox certainly have a beef, they did to 28 other teams, what the Yankees did to 29. The Redsox are a have, in a league of have nots. Saying this is not a defense of the Yankees ability to spend. The Yankees clearly have an advantage over everyone else, it's just that the Sox shouldn't really be the one's complaining about it. Teams like Kansas City should.

Year / Total Payroll

Team Total payroll
New York Yankees $ 184,193,950
Boston Red Sox $ 127,298,500
Los Angeles Angels $ 100,534,667
New York Mets $ 96,660,970
Philadelphia Phillies $ 93,219,167
Los Angeles Dodgers $ 92,902,001
nice list:rolleyes: the problem is its 5 years old and its not 2004 anymore lol. the sox arent number 2 they are 4 in payroll and they dont complain. some of there fans do and should. like i said they are in the same division. if the sox were in the al west they would have made the playoffs for 20 years in a row. the sox do have a beef because they are in the same division and must compete against the yanks. any non yahoo yankess fan would just admit there is a huge difference and leave it at that. stop bringing up the sox. they have nothing to do with the yankees huge advantage. the redsox arent even close to the yankees in payroll --redsox 133.220.112 million compared to the yankees 207.108.489 million. give it up and stop being a yahoo.

Last edited:
Hey, congrats Wildo and Real World, I think it is really brave of you two to come out like this on a public forum of all places and show the world how much you two guys really, really care about each other (not that there's anything wrong with that).

In this day and age, it's ok for displays of public affection like this, it really is. Isn't it nice to know Real World how much Wildo REALLY cares, I bet your heart is all a flutter, wow did his claws come out when he thought you needed defending, I guess that's what bromance is all about now isn't it?

This is a sports forum and all, but trust me on this, these sort of things happen more often than you'd think, so dont' be so coy with us. I'm glad to see you two aren't worried about what society thinks.

Real World, nice job posting all of those links to hot looking broads, but you don't have to hide behind who you really are; come on, be proud of what you are, it's ok.

This is Massachusetts after all and this sort of thing is ok, just ask Barney Frank, so I say stop hiding and just go for it you two crazy kids.

All I ask is please let us know when you plan to set a date and where you are registered so we can be sure to get you some nice gifts, ok?

wow resorting to calling me gay, how clever of you:rolleyes:

Oh, so you don't like it when someone paints a picture of you based on your posts on a message board?

You don't like it when someone puts two and two together based on your posts and paints with a broad brush and assumes you are things you are not?

If you don't like it, maybe you shouldn't do the same.

Chew on that for awhile.

If I batted from the other side of the plate, as you are suggesting, what difference would it make? My sexuality doesn't affect the fact that I still root for the laundry, and you are still a yahoo. Matter of fact, your pointing to my sexuality probably points to one of two things. Either A) you have no avenue to travel from a thread topic standpoint, which would further reinforce my opinion about you being a yahoo, or B) you question your own sexual make-up, and are therefore bring up mine, so nobody wonders about yours. Of course, it could be that your simply a homophobe.

nice list:rolleyes: the problem is its 5 years old and its not 2004 anymore lol. the sox arent number 2 they are 4 in payroll and they dont complain. some of there fans do and should. like i said they are in the same division. if the sox were in the al west they would have made the playoffs for 20 years in a row. the sox do have a beef because they are in the same division and must compete against the yanks. any non yahoo yankess fan would just admit there is a huge difference and leave it at that. stop bringing up the sox. they have nothing to do with the yankees huge advantage. the redsox arent even close to the yankees in payroll --redsox 133.220.112 million compared to the yankees 207.108.489 million. give it up and stop being a yahoo.

There goes that 3rd grade reading level again. I didn't say they were #2 last year. I said that they were #2, by a lot, in 2004 when they won the WS. They intentionally held the line on payroll, since they won already, in the years that have followed. In that same time, they've added seats to Fenway, and increased prices all across the board. The Sox are a cash cow that could easily spend more, but chose not to. They do so because they have won a championship. The Yankees don't operate with that same phylosophy. They spend money, and I'll be the first to say, foolishly a vast majority of th time. This is not to say that the Sox business model is wrong, as they've been very successful with it. They can run their operation any way they deem fit. My point is that they are A) a have, and not a have not B) a very rich organization, and C) shouldn't be crying about the Yankees spending money.

THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT THE YANKEES DON'T HAVE A TREMENDOUS ADVANTAGE WHEN IT COMES TO SPENDING MONEY.

12/23/08
John Henry: “From the moment we arrived in Boston in late 2001, we saw it as a monumental challenge,” team owner John Henry said in an e-mail to The Associated Press. “We sought to reduce the financial gap and succeeded to a degree. Now with a new stadium filled with revenue opportunities, they have leaped away from us again. So we have to be even more careful in deploying our resources.”

wow resorting to calling me gay, how clever of you:rolleyes:

I don't know about you sweetie ;), but I can totally see Double G's point now. I think he's right, and I'm a yahoo. He's totally convinced me.

There goes that 3rd grade reading level again. I didn't say they were #2 last year. I said that they were #2, by a lot, in 2004 when they won the WS. They intentionally held the line on payroll, since they won already, in the years that have followed. In that same time, they've added seats to Fenway, and increased prices all across the board. The Sox are a cash cow that could easily spend more, but chose not to. They do so because they have won a championship. The Yankees don't operate with that same phylosophy. They spend money, and I'll be the first to say, foolishly a vast majority of th time. This is not to say that the Sox business model is wrong, as they've been very successful with it. They can run their operation any way they deem fit. My point is that they are A) a have, and not a have not B) a very rich organization, and C) shouldn't be crying about the Yankees spending money.

THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT THE YANKEES DON'T HAVE A TREMENDOUS ADVANTAGE WHEN IT COMES TO SPENDING MONEY.

12/23/08
the yankees have a tremendous advantage in how much money the team makes not how much it spends. there is a big difference. you want everyone to think that the sox and others just choose not to spend the amount the yankees do. stop being yahoo.

They held the line on payroll after 2004 because they lost $11.3M in that season. And even with the payroll not expanding, they again lost $18.5M in the 2005 season. After a year of profit in 2006, the Sox again lost $19.1M in the 2007 season. Holding the line on payroll had nothing to do with being content about winning a WS, they just didn't want to go further into the red than they already were.

dont waste your time dumb world is a yahoo fan

Regarding what the Yankees spend each and every year on their payroll; who cares. They generate the most income in baseball and since there is no hard salary cap, they are entitled to spend whatever they want to, there's no law against it.

They've had the highest payroll in baseball the past eigtht years, lets take a look at the results.

In 2001, they lost to the Diamondbacks in perhaps the greatest world series ever played, it came down to the last inning of the last game, can't ask for much more than that.

In 2002 they lost in the ALDS by the soon to be world champion Angels.

In 2003, if Grady Little pulls Pedro, perhaps the Red Sox win the ALCS, that is assuming the bullpen does not allow the Yankees to score in the 8th or 9th inning; they went on to lose the WS in six games to the Marlins, more specifically, Josh Beckett.

In 2004, the blew a 3-0 ALCS lead and lost to the Red Sox, who went on to win the World Series for the first time since 1918.

In 2005, they lost again to the Angels in the ALDS.

In 2006, the lost in the ALDS to the Tigers.

In 2007, they lost in the ALDS to the Indians.

In 2008, they failed to make the playoffs.

So in the past eight years, the team that has spent the most has lost in the WS twice, lost in the ALCS once, lost in the ALDS four times and failed to make the playoffs once.

Not exactly what you'd call a great return on their investment.

In 2009, they go out and outspend everyone and grab the three most sought after free agents on the market.

Then the **** hits the fan on the A-Rod front, we'll see what the fallout is from that. Everywhere he goes, he is going to be asked about this, and the fans from opposing teams are going to be brutal. Someone should ask Texiera about A-Rod, they were team mates from 2001 till 2003, maybe he can shed some light on this.

We'll see what 2009 brings; let them spend all they want, who cares, it's all about the rings, just ask their neighbors to the north, the Boston Red Sox, they of two WS titles in the past five years.

We all know they spend the most, they have the most to spend and the goal is to win the World Series, what do fans expect, that they not spend the money? The goal is to win and to win you need to spend, but spend wisely, which they clearly have not done as 0-the last eight years will point out.

They held the line on payroll after 2004 because they lost $11.3M in that season. And even with the payroll not expanding, they again lost $18.5M in the 2005 season. After a year of profit in 2006, the Sox again lost $19.1M in the 2007 season. Holding the line on payroll had nothing to do with being content about winning a WS, they just didn't want to go further into the red than they already were.

I can't believe you actually buy that BS. Every team will cry about losing money when they don't. The Yankees cried too, and it's total BS. These owners make money in so many other area's, with network revenue's, merchandising, etc.

The Redsox lose money like the Yankees do.

GM Cashman says Yankees losing money

Email Print Share ESPN.com news services

How bad does George Steinbrenner want to win? Bad enough that he's willing to lose money with the Yankees to do so.

"We're making a lot, but we're spending more than we're making," Yankees general manager Brian Cashman told Bloomberg radio for a show to be aired this weekend. Cashman declined to say how much the Yankees are losing.

The Yankees, with Major League Baseball's highest payroll, added to their deficit before the July 31 non-waiver trading deadline, acquiring big-ticket addition Bobby Abreu. The team also acquired pitcher Cory Lidle and utilityman Craig Wilson.

The Yankees broke ground last week on a billion-dollar stadium scheduled to open in the Bronx in 2009.

Cashman told Bloomberg radio that the new stadium is "vital" to helping the Yankees return to profitability.

Forbes Magazine reported that the Yankees became the first MLB team to be worth more than $1 billion with a baseball-best $277 million in revenue.

However, Forbes said the Yankees lost $50 million last season because the team paid $77 million in revenue sharing. The New York Daily News also reported in December that the Yankees lost at least $50 million and possibly as much as $85 million last season.

Regarding what the Yankees spend each and every year on their payroll; who cares. They generate the most income in baseball and since there is no hard salary cap, they are entitled to spend whatever they want to, there's no law against it.

They've had the highest payroll in baseball the past eigtht years, lets take a look at the results.

In 2001, they lost to the Diamondbacks in perhaps the greatest world series ever played, it came down to the last inning of the last game, can't ask for much more than that.

In 2002 they lost in the ALDS by the soon to be world champion Angels.

In 2003, if Grady Little pulls Pedro, perhaps the Red Sox win the ALCS, that is assuming the bullpen does not allow the Yankees to score in the 8th or 9th inning; they went on to lose the WS in six games to the Marlins, more specifically, Josh Beckett.

In 2004, the blew a 3-0 ALCS lead and lost to the Red Sox, who went on to win the World Series for the first time since 1918.

In 2005, they lost again to the Angels in the ALDS.

In 2006, the lost in the ALDS to the Tigers.

In 2007, they lost in the ALDS to the Indians.

In 2008, they failed to make the playoffs.

So in the past eight years, the team that has spent the most has lost in the WS twice, lost in the ALCS once, lost in the ALDS four times and failed to make the playoffs once.

Not exactly what you'd call a great return on their investment.

In 2009, they go out and outspend everyone and grab the three most sought after free agents on the market.

Then the **** hits the fan on the A-Rod front, we'll see what the fallout is from that. Everywhere he goes, he is going to be asked about this, and the fans from opposing teams are going to be brutal. Someone should ask Texiera about A-Rod, they were team mates from 2001 till 2003, maybe he can shed some light on this.

We'll see what 2009 brings; let them spend all they want, who cares, it's all about the rings, just ask their neighbors to the north, the Boston Red Sox, they of two WS titles in the past five years.

We all know they spend the most, they have the most to spend and the goal is to win the World Series, what do fans expect, that they not spend the money? The goal is to win and to win you need to spend, but spend wisely, which they clearly have not done as 0-the last eight years will point out.

So basically you're saying that how much a team spends is irrelevent, since spending the most money, or more than everyone else, hasn't meant a championship.

Thanks for shopping!

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back