PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran: NFL has a Giant Sense of Entitlement

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you follow that link in the article to the NFL head office, it's hilarious how many times they slip the word "integrity" into this bios, i.e. "this j***-off is in charge of maintaining the integrity of the integrity rules commission, a position he maintains with integrity".
th
integrity
th
integrity
th
integrity
th
integrity

Curran is that rare Sports MSM guy who isn't afraid to be outside the echo chamber, isn't afraid to sometimes be thoughtful while skeptical.
The echo chamber, the band of lemmings, they like to wait for the meme to snowball then join the chorus. It's one giant warped short stroke session that begins with the top of the pyramid lemmings that receive marching orders from the power at the NFL office and big network media top floors. It's especially awesome when the meme starts gaining steam and almost the whole echo chamber starts working backward attempting to manufacture new angles or echo/validate already manufactured angles, In my opinion one of their very best moments is when an aspect of the meme starts collapsing under the weight of thought/reality. When that happens they simply don't mention it again (pretend it is already decided as fact, only mention it again in passing as accepted fact/evidence of the new angle) by working backwards toward another aspect/another sub-headline. There literally is never a reckoning within the group short stroke echo chamber.
But on this one even Curran needs chiding. It isn't because he is wrong (good story) but because he is a day late and a dollar short. A reasonable person, a person not run by his/her emotions, cannot be surprised by what the NFL office does. The NFL office is a combination of the worst of big money, big corp, politics, media, with an underlying system of values based on feeding red meat to the mob/ruses to control the message/PR ethics. And there is no end in sight for their behavior because their entertainment product puts the proverbial food on the table of a whole lot of people who control what is spoken on TV news and shows (as well as a large majority of owners who think the system is swell just as it is).
If anyone here chooses not to be just another sheep for the NFL's propaganda machine, then advocate for dumping THEIR piece of sh*t
100px-New_England_Patriots_logo.svg.png
and reinstating OUR true identity
th

The NFL's problems are legion and serious, but the Nazi comparison is over the top, though I am sure it is only intended to be funny. The Nazis killed 11 million people, many under the most harrowing and inhumane conditions imaginable, and the war they started killed more than 60 million. Their mortal sins can never be trivialized.

The NFL's problems are legion and serious, but the Nazi comparison is over the top, though I am sure it is only intended to be funny. The Nazis killed 11 million people, many under the most harrowing and inhumane conditions imaginable, and the war they started killed more than 60 million. Their mortal sins can never be trivialized.
Absolutely no trivialization nor humor intended.

What led up to the events you refer to, and the oppression and murder primarily of Jews even prior to the 1936 Olympic Games, is precisely the same sanctimonious propaganda and rhetoric that led to the Nazi party's rise.

National and local media report as fact the narrative that the Patriots "cheated" the same way that Jews were portrayed as a dire "threat". There is zero difference in the NFL's behavior and condonement of Goodell's actions and Nazis' of Hitler.

There is a surreal feeling around all these events. A person can look at Curran's article or one from Hurley on this subject and they may disagree with some of their opinions or think they're being hyperbolic at times, but they can't disagree with the facts they're citing. They aren't saying "An anonymous source told me this" or theorizing something as being true without any supporting evidence. They have evidence supporting their conclusions.

Instead of the Patriots and deflategate, there's a South Korean baseball team or a Russian hockey team going through the same treatment. There was a ridiculous, scientifically explainable allegation which led to an unprecedented punishment for one the best teams and players in the league. There was the league sending false information to the media and the accused team. The league rigging the investigation to arrive at a guilty verdict. The league lying about testimony during an appeal hearing and then continuing to tell those lies in court. The many key players in the league office having ties (either being former employees of or fans of) one of the accused team's rivals. The league then ignoring a similar violation 2 years later and handing out a minimal punishment to one of the owners who pushed for the accused team to be hammered. In fact, the general pattern by the league to minimize scandals, their coverage and the penalties they assess for all teams except one.

If you read an article titled "How the XYZ League Ruined Itself" about all those events happening in another country, you be amazed at the shortsightedness, arrogance and stupidity of the league for behaving that way. Here, though, people's fandom has blinded them and they accept whatever story the NFL and their media toadies feed them. Curran, Wetzel, Jenkins, Florio and Hurley can keep raising these issues, but until ESPN or SI decides to address it, the majority of fans will ignore it.

And the corrupt 32 owners kill by taking taxpayers money away, for their stadiums, from people who need help. Hitler crap would never fly. This is the new age of immorality! They all need to be thrown into prison including the NYJFL* employees.

This is just another example of why I don't watch or consume any other NFL products except for the Patriot's games. Brushing off the Steelers/Giants football issue and the walkie-talkie issue after going full out against the Patriots is blatantly unfair. Sad state of affairs.

Looks like someone on the Giants sideline had a cellphone last night:

There is a surreal feeling around all these events. A person can look at Curran's article or one from Hurley on this subject and they may disagree with some of their opinions or think they're being hyperbolic at times, but they can't disagree with the facts they're citing. They aren't saying "An anonymous source told me this" or theorizing something as being true without any supporting evidence. They have evidence supporting their conclusions.

Instead of the Patriots and deflategate, there's a South Korean baseball team or a Russian hockey team going through the same treatment. There was a ridiculous, scientifically explainable allegation which led to an unprecedented punishment for one the best teams and players in the league. There was the league sending false information to the media and the accused team. The league rigging the investigation to arrive at a guilty verdict. The league lying about testimony during an appeal hearing and then continuing to tell those lies in court. The many key players in the league office having ties (either being former employees of or fans of) one of the accused team's rivals. The league then ignoring a similar violation 2 years later and handing out a minimal punishment to one of the owners who pushed for the accused team to be hammered. In fact, the general pattern by the league to minimize scandals, their coverage and the penalties they assess for all teams except one.

If you read an article titled "How the XYZ League Ruined Itself" about all those events happening in another country, you be amazed at the shortsightedness, arrogance and stupidity of the league for behaving that way. Here, though, people's fandom has blinded them and they accept whatever story the NFL and their media toadies feed them. Curran, Wetzel, Jenkins, Florio and Hurley can keep raising these issues, but until ESPN or SI decides to address it, the majority of fans will ignore it.
SI's editors will always make sure it's framed in such a way that the perps - league, corrupt teams, media - skate. NYJFL, NYGFL, Elway, Manning et al. are their heroes.

I've noticed in other forums the same assumption and they use that as "proof" of the Patriots' guilt.

For example, someone will quote that moron Borges or Shank Shaunessey and then say something like "See..?!? Even the Boston writers think the Patriots are guilty so that means they really are guilty."
That is why if Shaunessy or Borges meets an upset fan their existence is an attractive nuisance and I want to talk about jury nullification. I've read those forums and realized that idiot was giving stupid people ammunition. Someone else might react to that foolishly and I personally would hold them to the same standard as a three year old looking at a bright red motorcycle parked on the street. Yeah I know you shouldn't climb on the seat and go "vroom, vroom." But if the toddler does and the bike falls over, blame the bike owner for not seeing the obvious.

Ditto an "fan" (short for fanatic) beating up Shaunessy or Borges. Yeah, the "law" may not agree with this but we the citizens make the law and are not slaves to proclamations of some lord or whatever. Use your brain and assume you know right and wrong. He knew he'd upset people he himself calls fanatics. If a man sticks his genitals in a hornets nest and gets stung in his privates, do we blame the hornets or the man?

Yup, you're right. Only a ****y coward would invest most of his money into buying a hopeless team for what was at the time the most money ever paid for an NFL franchise. He sure was a gutless bastard...

Yeah back then he was ballsy. Do you really think he would have taken the same **** piled upon him and his franchise (the past 2 years) back then? No way. You don't lure Parcells to one of the worst team (back then) by being spineless. Unfortunately during the past 10 years he's lost his spine and lets the other 31 pick on him just so he can sit at their table.

Yeah back then he was ballsy. Do you really think he would have taken the same **** piled upon him and his franchise (the past 2 years) back then? No way. You don't lure Parcells to one of the worst team (back then) by being spineless. Unfortunately during the past 10 years he's lost his spine and lets the other 31 pick on him just so he can sit at their table.
I'm just tired of people whacking this guy at every turn. I was as pissed, embarrassed and disappointed as everyone else when Kraft capitulated. He f##### up and no one knows that more than he does. He's tried to play ball with The Dope and he's been rebuked at every turn. He got screwed, pure and simple. The impulse reaction in all of us screams for him to go ballistic on The Dope but, in reality from the franchise's point of view, that would be unwise and detrimental. For sure, it would make all of us feel better, but it would be a temporary ounce of satisfaction. I don't have any problem with people ripping Kraft for his handling of this **** show. But, when those criticisms are accompanied by phony claims that Kraft has been a weak-*** ****y his entire career, I'm calling ********. Because he hasn't.

I don't have any problem with people ripping Kraft for his handling of this **** show. But, when those criticisms are accompanied by phony claims that Kraft has been a weak-*** ****y his entire career, I'm calling ********. Because he hasn't.

The reason we keep "whacking" BK is because even with all the **** Goodell's done to him and his team and his HOF Coach and HOF QB, He still HUGS Goodell and talks to Goodell like Goodell's his adopted son! Hell even Jonathan was was caught embracing Goodell after deflategate. To us fans, that tells us that BK and JK are ok with how Goodell screwed this team and players because it was for the "good of the 32".

That is why I and others like myself keep on "whacking" BK, cuz even after how the other 31 ****ed him, he still goes back and says 'may I have another please'. I'm not a billionaire so I'm not sure what the exact protocol's are for them, but I would have a very difficult time hugging and chatting it up like old friends with people that have tried to screw me and my friends and everything I own over. Unless its like a scene out of the Godfather where u gotta be nice or Robert De Niro gonna rape ur ass.

And as I said, there was a time he was not (in your words) "a weak-*** ****y", unfortunately that time was almost 25 years ago. People change over 25 years and BK has changed the past 10 years, to where he doesn't want to ruffle feathers. I'm sorry if you don't see that.

Last edited:
Looks like someone on the Giants sideline had a cellphone last night:

Someone send this to Florio?

Edit: Nevermind apparently it's the head trainer and he's allowed a cell phone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick