PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran article on Jets tampering

I am one and I outlined why and the Mehta story had nothing to do with it. All you had to do was read what I said

You responded to a post which is what I responded to that claimed that the Mehta report is further examples of tampering.

Now that is priceless.

And correct. You keep on quoting me wrong even after I correct how you quoted me wrong.

You quoted me that I think think the league is not responsible for the leaks in their office when I clearly said they did. You quoted me that I said the league has no responsibility for the crap storm of Deflategate when I said they were clearly responsible for making it worse than it already was.

The whole story started with a leak by the Colts to Bob Kravitz that he reported on Sunday night, January 18th. It was started by Ryan Grigson or Jim Irsay, not the league. It was a crap storm even before the Mortensen report which would have been the first leak by the league. Mort's report came out on Wednesday, January 21, after the AFCCG.

And without that verification there would have been no sh.tstorm.

You responded to a post which is what I responded to that claimed that the Mehta report is further examples of tampering.

I responded to your question about whether the Patriots should lose a high draft choice for the Clayton report, which you were comparing to the jets tampering when in truth there was no comparison.

And correct. You keep on quoting me wrong even after I correct how you quoted me wrong.

You quoted me that I think think the league is not responsible for the leaks in their office when I clearly said they did. You quoted me that I said the league has no responsibility for the crap storm of Deflategate when I said they were clearly responsible for making it worse than it already was.

You know what rob, this is bullsh.t and anyone who has read this thread knows it. I'm done with the insults and the rhetorical bullsh.t and I will simply allow those who have read this thread to draw they own conclusions. So far they are all arguing with you, not me.

You know what rob, this is bullsh.t and anyone who has read this thread knows it. I'm done with the insults and the rhetorical bullsh.t and I will simply allow those who have read this thread to draw they own conclusions. So far they are all arguing with you, not me.

They disagree with my stance and may times when I clarify the lies you are spreading about what I am saying, they understand what I mean and partially agree with me.

Not one person is arguing with me that I think the league isn't responsible for the leaks other than you.

Not one person is arguing with me that I think the league is not responsible for the crap storm other than you.

Where they are arguing with me is the level of responsibility.

I am done. You win. Clearly I am 100% wrong with the things you claim I said even though I didn't. And even after I have clearly pointed out where you are wrong, you just ignore it and say I said it anyway. So clearly I am wrong for saying things I didn't say.

And the only bullsh*t is from you and how you are twisting my comments that I pointed out many, many times.

BTW, just so you (and not doing a threat or some punishment) so you know why I don't respond to you anymore. I have added you to my ignore list. I have no time to deal with people who are putting words in my mouth no matter how many times I clarify how I never said what they claim I said.

Last edited:
They disagree with my stance and may times when I clarify the lies you are spreading about what I am saying, they understand what I mean and partially agree with me.

Not one person is arguing with me that I think the league isn't responsible for the leaks other than you.

Not one person is arguing with me that I think the league is not responsible for the crap storm other than you.

Where they are arguing with me is the level of responsibility.

I am done. You win. Clearly I am 100% wrong with the things you claim I said even though I didn't. And even after I have clearly pointed out where you are wrong, you just ignore it and say I said it anyway. So clearly I am wrong for saying things I didn't say.

And the only bullsh*t is from you and how you are twisting my comments that I pointed out many, many times.

You poor thing, maybe you should speak to Ian about having the quote function removed because your words misrepresent you so badly. You made a ridiculous argument and just kept doubling down on it as you dug deeper and deeper, and not one person other than you had either disagreed with me or disliked any of my posts in a lengthy argument. To a person they have all disagreed with your positions and points. Next time maybe you should think before posting because you clearly didn't in this instance.

You poor thing, maybe you should speak to Ian about having the quote function removed because your words misrepresent you so badly. You made a ridiculous argument and just kept doubling down on it as you dug deeper and deeper, and not one person other than you had either disagreed with me or disliked any of my posts in a lengthy argument. To a person they have all disagreed with your positions and points. Next time maybe you should think before posting because you clearly didn't in this instance.

I haven't ignored you yet. So I will respond to this and be done.

I am not crying. You will be the first non-troll I have ever ignored. I don't have a problems with people disagreeing with what I say. I have no problems with people insulting me.

One thing I will not stand is someone constantly claiming I am saying things I didn't say and even if I did say it, I clarified what I said repeatedly long before you accused me of saying it just to "win" an argument. I just have no use for you. I don't have any use for that because arguing with you is like arguing with a potted plant although the plant might be smarter.

Congratulations! You are in the company of one. I don't even ignore Deus who I can't stand.

I am not crying. You will be the first non-troll I have ever ignored. I don't have a problems with people disagreeing with what I say. I have no problems with people insulting me.

One thing I will not stand is someone constantly claiming I am saying things I didn't say and even if I did say it, I clarified what I said repeatedly long before you accused me of saying it just to "win" an argument. I just have no use for you. I don't have any use for that because arguing with you is like arguing with a potted plant although the plant might be smarter.

Congratulations! You are in the company of one. I don't even ignore Deus who I can't stand.

Lol, what a baby. My apology for accurately quoting you. Had I realized you were so desperate to distance yourself from your own words I would have ........ Done it anyways. And by the way Rob you were the one calling me dumb. I never insulted you I just used your argument and own words and showed how bad it was and is. Now, go have a good cry about it.

You're both pretty.

BTW, just for the record to show Ivan is wrong here is what was written:

My first post on the subject (in response to BradyManny):

The bleep storm was already there because Grigson leaked the story to the media. Nothing the league said caused the pre-Super Bowl crap storm.

BradyManny responded:

I don't want to rehash deflate-gate, but let's just say they didn't help the cause, to say the least. Whether it was ignorance/stupidity or by design, I am not sure.

In which I responded:

The league screws up every controversy they are involved in. Why would Deflategate be any different. The difference between Deflategate and the Jets' tampering is the media cared about one and not the other. If the media barraged the NFL about Johnson's comments, they would have screwed that up too.

The league took almost a week to even acknowledge the Deflategate situation in any way and then they just went on to make a bad situation even worse every time they turned around. Just like they did in the Ray Rice case. And the Adrian Peterson case. And Spygate. And Bountygate. And everything else they touch.

Pretty much what I was saying all along. The League didn't cause the crap storm, they just made it worse. But hey, Ivan will twist it somehow to say he was right.

Last edited:
Here is my first mention of Mike Kensil and the leaks:

I think Mike Kensil was leaking stuff to the media. Possibly to deflect the inevitable blame that will be laid on him in the Wells' Report on how he let a NFL employee under suspicion for stealing footballs on the field during the AFCCG and then turning the attention to the Pats when the their is something fishy with the balls he is in charge of than that guy along with the fact that he didn't record the PSI of the footballs and just re-inflated them at halftime. Kensil is going to look bad in the Wells Report even if they do not go to where the Pats want them to go and accuse Kensil of setting up the Pats.

I don't blame Goodell and his office for actually leaking stuff. It seems pretty clear most of the stuff came from one person - Kensil. I blame them for not bottling it up.

Again, what I have been saying and not what Ivan misquoted me.

If you think I am wrong about an argument, then disagree. Call me an idiot. Whatever. But don't put words in my mouth and call me a liar when I correct you on misquoting me.

Again, every team tampers. Revis' agent has been negotiating with other teams for probably a week or longer. Don't kid yourself. It is a free for all at the Combine.

Every year (even before the legal tampering period) there is always a player who is signed within minutes or an hour of the start of free agency. Yet people don't get upset about that. Do people really believe that the team and the player wait until 12:01 and hammer out a long term deal in ten minutes?

We should have a rule in life and on this board about the everybody does it rule. It really is the weakest of all arguments. And rob before you start a big thing with me... I dont care about any of this jets tampering nonsense. Jerry Rice, Lance Armstrong, ARod, every person who ever got a speeding ticket, cheating spouses, and College programs being investigated by the NCAA are begging you to come up with a better argument. That argument is so juvenille and trivial that kids are taught the counter to it when they are five. "hey rob if everyone was jumping of a bridge...."

Except that he actually was. He asked if the Patriots should lose a high draft choice for tampering with Marshall when he knows that is for Woody Johnson's statement.

Look I don't want to get in the middle of this back & forth which I haven't been reading in entirety anyway, but it's a message board debate: IMO, you can't really sweat every word/nuance. Just my two cents. It's easy to get caught up, we all do it, but at this point I think Rob has made clear what his meaning was.

Last edited:
We should have a rule in life and on this board about the everybody does it rule. It really is the weakest of all arguments. And rob before you start a big thing with me... I dont care about any of this jets tampering nonsense. Jerry Rice, Lance Armstrong, ARod, every person who ever got a speeding ticket, cheating spouses, and College programs being investigated by the NCAA are begging you to come up with a better argument. That argument is so juvenille and trivial that kids are taught the counter to it when they are five. "hey rob if everyone was jumping of a bridge...."

Except that was the argument most Pats fans made during Spygate. Everyone was doing it.

I think it is relevant because everyone is doing it AND no one seems to care. We all know tampering happens every year at this time and people just laugh it off. If the league knowingly looks the other way on tampering unless someone is stupid enough to say something publicly or leave a paper trail to get caught, I cannot take allegations of tampering as being all that big.

I don't think tampering is a big deal. But then again, I don't think deflated footballs.

Look I don't want to get in the middle of this back & forth which I haven't been reading in entirety anyway, but it's a message board debate: IMO, you can't really sweat every word/nuance. Just my two cents. It's easy to get caught up, we all do it, but at this point I think Rob has made clear what his meaning was.

Yeah, I am done. I am sorry to hijack the threat. One of my biggest pet peeves on message boards is when people accuse me of saying things I clearly didn't say or at least it is clear it isn't what I meant. Which is the case here. Still not an excuse to hijack the thread with stupidity.

Yeah, I am done. I am sorry to hijack the threat. One of my biggest pet peeves on message boards is when people accuse me of saying things I clearly didn't say or at least it is clear it isn't what I meant.

Understood. And besides, it's the offseason - I don't think thread hijacks are the end of the world, myself.

I quotede your arguments and responded Rob and everyone following it saw that and agreed with me and argued with you. You were clearly saying the league was not at fault the media was and argued with me when I pointed out that it was the league who was providing the leaks the media ran with. You additionally defended the league repeatedly for planning a news dump that would in no way make up for the damage done to the Patriots and repeatedly excused the league for being incompetent. I encouraged you from the start to reconsider your argument because it was incredibly weak and borderline incoherent but instead you doubled down over and over. That's not my fault rob that's on you, and everyone reading the thread as it took place continued to agree with me throughout and challenged you repeatedly, so unless everyone was as dumb as you claimed I was and no one understood your argument then everyone was wrong rob and only you were right. All of it is right here in this thread and anyone can read it and see it.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back