PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran article on Jets tampering

LOL! Flailing in the wind = dealing with someone who clearly doesn't understand anything that isn't black and white

I will admit your total misunderstand of my arguments and your twisting of my words are wrong. There you go. I don't think I am wrong. I think you need to learn how to debate better.

As I said Rob I'm fine with people reading my argument and drawing their own conclusions, so far it appears that everyone reading it other than you agrees with it.

And yes, you are flailing about wildly. Your examples are nonsensical or just outright strawmen.

Apparently Rob believe the league bears no responsibility for selectively leaking to make the Patriots look bad. I guess the media could have smeared the Patriots without those leaks

Apparently, you are too dumb to comprehend what I wrote multiple times where I clear stated that the league was responsible for the leaks in their office.

Please stop trying to smear what I wrote when you clearly do not understand what I wrote. You are accusing me of something that I said exactly the opposite.

Again, here is what I wrote. I am typing slowly so you can understand me:

I think Kensil leaked the information to save his own ass. I think the league is responsible for their own house including any leaks to the press. I think the media created the crap storm of Deflategate and the league just made it worse.

How is this so hard to understand. Stop putting words in my mouth.

MAJOR DIFFERENCE:
Miami has publicly authorized Marshall to SEEK A TRADE. Show me ANY PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT by the Patriots reference Revis?.......................
waiting....
Still waiting................
Oh, that's right; the Patriots still have their player UNDER CONTRACT for 13 MORE MONTHS (yes 13 that can turn into 1 day on the end of the league year; but technically right now he is under contract for 12-13 months.)

You like to keep making comparisons of Revis to players who have already been released, or whose contracts END AT END OF LEAGUE YEAR; but you can NOT EQUIVALIZE those contracts with Revis'.

Granted the 'league investigators' would have to actually trace something back to a JESTER front office source from Mehta to make any charges stick; and not just let it slide as 'media speculation' rather than 'expressed interest'.

but as you already have the smoking gun from the earlier comments; they should have all the rights in the world to aks the Jesters for their e-mail and cell-phone records in relation to that reporter and his newspaper.

Who cares if the Bears are seeking a trade. Unless the Bears have given the Pats express permission to talk to or about Marshall, them talking about them to the press is tampering.

Apparently, you are too dumb to comprehend what I wrote multiple times where I clear stated that the league was responsible for the leaks in their office.

Please stop trying to smear what I wrote when you clearly do not understand what I wrote. You are accusing me of something that I said exactly the opposite.

I think Kensil leaked the information to save his own ass. I think the league is responsible for their own house including any leaks to the press. I think the media created the crap storm of Deflategate and the league just made it worse.

Quoting you is hardly putting words in your mouth, and I couldnt do that anyways, according to you I'm too dumb.

Who cares if the Bears are seeking a trade. Unless the Bears have given the Pats express permission to talk to or about Marshall, them talking about them to the press is tampering.

When are you going to tell us what Kraft said about Marshall?

For clarification - Rob has stated he was not making a comparison between these two situations, see his response to me above.

As I said Rob I'm fine with people reading my argument and drawing their own conclusions, so far it appears that everyone reading it other than you agrees with it.

And yes, you are flailing about wildly. Your examples are nonsensical or just outright strawmen.

And you are making up stuff and putting it in my mouth to try to win an argument. In fact, you are arguing against me about the one thing we both agree with in that we both think the league is responsible for their own house.

I think it is you who are flailing in an argument.

Again, the only thing I asked of you is that you feel that there is a level where the League are not responsible for their leaks. Where is it? If the Pats are not responsible for their ball boy going rouge, then the league cannot be responsible for a low level employee going rogue.

You started all of this by claiming the league wasn't responsible that it was the media s fault. And that there was nothing wrong with the league doing a media dump on a Friday even though they indicted the Patriots in the most public way possible.

For clarification - Rob has stated he was not making a comparison between these two situations, see his response to me above.

Except that he actually was. He asked if the Patriots should lose a high draft choice for tampering with Marshall when he knows that is for Woody Johnson's statement.

When you stop twisting my arguments.

This is the case with you. You just want to twist my arguments to suit your own need. I said multiple times I am only comparing the Clayton rumor to the Mehta story and Woody Johnson talking about Revis publicly is a different issue all together and should be punished.

Again, I am saying that leaks to the press about player interest happens all over the league and if you want to investigate the Jets for the Mehta report, you gotta investigate all the rumors and stories.

Damm Kraft, Woody got Marshall first.

You started all of this by claiming the league wasn't responsible that it was the media s fault. And that there was nothing wrong with the league doing a media dump on a Friday even though they indicted the Patriots in the most public way possible.

Again, for the 100th time. I said the media was responsible for a media crap storm. I said the league made it worse. Stop putting words into my mouth.

It must great for you. You can never lose an argument. If you don't like what the person is arguing, you just make up what you want them to argue and say they are wrong.

How many times are you going to say I said something when I clearly didn't?

When you stop twisting my arguments.

This is the case with you. You just want to twist my arguments to suit your own need. I said multiple times I am only comparing the Clayton rumor to the Mehta story and Woody Johnson talking about Revis publicly is a different issue all together and should be punished.

Again, I am saying that leaks to the press about player interest happens all over the league and if you want to investigate the Jets for the Mehta report, you gotta investigate all the rumors and stories.

And I am saying once again that not one person ever suggested the jets should lose a high pick for the Mehta report, so why did you ask me if the Patriots should lose a high pick for the Clayton report?

Again, for the 100th time. I said the media was responsible for a media crap storm. I said the league made it worse. Stop putting words into my mouth.

It must great for you. You can never lose an argument. If you don't like what the person is arguing, you just make up what you want them to argue and say they are wrong.

I quoted you over and over Rob, and anyone can read it and see that.

And I am saying once again that not one person ever suggested the jets should lose a high pick for the Mehta report, so why did you ask me if the Patriots should lose a high pick for the Clayton report?

A lot of people have said that the Jets should lose a high pick for tampering. I just assumed that you were one. I am sorry if you don't.

I am asking if you think that the Mehta story is tampering and should be punished. Then shouldn't they punish every team that has similar stories that happen every year. Including with the Patriots.

The league gave them the information rob, there is no "crapstorm" without that. So it is the other way around, the league is responsible, the media made it worse.

My apology for quoting you again, I know that's irresponsible of me.

Huh?!? I don't think it is right for the league to dump all the punishments all at once on a Friday afternoon, but I don't look at it as some kind of favoritism towards the Jets. If the Wells report exonerates the Pats, it should be made very public on a Monday morning, I just know that isn't going to happen.

I just don't think it really means much if they delay the Jets' punishment and don't get why anyone cares that they didn't issue a punishment right away as long as they are fairly punished BEFORE THIS YEAR'S DRAFT.

FTFY

I quoted you over and over Rob, and anyone can read it and see that.

You quoted me wrong. I have said many times that the media is responsible for the crap storm of Deflategate and the League just made it worse. I have never changed that. I have never said that the League had no responsibility in it. I just said it was going to happen with or without the league and like everything they touch they made a bad situation much worse.

The league gave them the information rob, there is no "crapstorm" without that.

The whole story started with a leak by the Colts to Bob Kravitz that he reported on Sunday night, January 18th. It was started by Ryan Grigson or Jim Irsay, not the league. It was a crap storm even before the Mortensen report which would have been the first leak by the league. Mort's report came out on Wednesday, January 21, after the AFCCG.

A lot of people have said that the Jets should lose a high pick for tampering. I just assumed that you were one. I am sorry if you don't.

I am asking if you think that the Mehta story is tampering and should be punished. Then shouldn't they punish every team that has similar stories that happen every year. Including with the Patriots.

I am one and I outlined why and the Mehta story had nothing to do with it. All you had to do was read what I said

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back