PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Crowd chanting "Let's go Red Sox"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stopped reading after the 3 page but just had to say something.

I was at the game and fans were just having fun with the chant after it was becoming a blow out.

If it really bothers Brady and other Patriots, excuse my blasphemy, but they need to grow up just like some people here.

I can understand if it was a close game, but the game was getting out of hand and people were just having fun and amusing themselves. Everyone was laughing(except fins fans) during the chants.

And excuse Boston fans for being more excited about a game 7 than a blowout against the pathetic Fins. I paid good money for those tickets and I'm not going to apologize for having a good time even if it hurt Brady's feelings.

Reign,

I am not sure if you were being sarcastic or not, but everyone of those rules makes perfect sense to me!

I would modify them slightly as follows:

1. To be a REAL BOSTON SPORTS FAN, you must be a fan of all the New England professional teams AND college teams.

2. ANYONE who roots for the Yankees, Lakers or Canadiens is a complete jack a s s and there really is no hope for them anyway, so why even pay attention to them.

3. You can root for whoever you want, but if the Patriots are just one piece of your multi-regional sports loyalties, then you are NOT a TRUE BOSTON SPORTS fan. Suck off our tit if it makes oyu happy, but keep your mouth shut when it comes to serious sports conversations among our elitist fraternity.

4. If you were NOT born in New England, you are already at a considerable disadvantage culturally, spiritually and emotionally, but we'll ALLOW you to root for our teams if you show the old schoolers the proper respect.

You can earn membership in PATRIOT NATION, but it's not going to be as easy as coming on board in 2003 and buying a Rodney Harrison jersey from the Pro Shop. Qualifications for this honor can only be communicated in secret to preserve the integrity of this ancient and honored society.

5. Finally, once you understand what it is we're talking about here, you'll find yourself chanting "Let's Go, Red Sox" in your head as you drive down the street with no one else in the truck. Once this happens, YOU HAVE ARRIVED!

LMAO!! Great stuff! I love it! It's official, the rules have been modified!:D

God damn, get over yourselves already.

If you've rooted for a team, anywhere, New England or not, through the hard times, you are not a bandwagon fan. Period. You guys and your birth right crap. Ugh, blue blood new england b8ll****. That's the part of growing up there that I always hated, the elitism. Get a grip.

PS LETS GO RED SOX!!! BANG BANG BANGBANGBANG!! LETS GO RED SOX!!!

You hated it because.....? Is is cuz maybe you weren't born here? The only parts of the country where it's not that important are those regions that experience a lot of transient population.

California, Florida, Arizona ... at least 3 that I can think of. The only people who don't think it's important are those who have relocated all their lives and just pick up whatever team is closest to them.

I have a co-worker who moved to indiana and he commented about how good his football team was about a month after moving there. Of course the local, long-time fans aren't going to view him the same way they view their born & bread Colts fans.

If the Pats were in the AFC title game on the same day the Red Sox were blowing out the Yankees 11-2 at Fenway there would be a loud "LET'S GO PATS" chant, the only reason it doesn't happen is because it can't due to when the seasons are played. If the Celtics or the Bruins somehow managed to stumble into a game 7 of a conference finals during a regular season Red Sox blowout the Fenway crowd would no doubt chant for them as well, I can see the Pats being upset about the non stop talk of Arod coming to Boston on the local sports media while they were in the playoffs, but if they get upset about their fans, most of which are fans of every New England team, cheering during a blowout for the Sox when they are playing a game 7 that night then it's just silly.

Is it possible for me to apply for a waiver since I'm a UConn-Storrs grad/fan and am still pissed at BC for leaving for the ACC?

Yeah, the college rule only applies to those who either didn't go to college or attended a local college. I graduated Umass, Amherst, but I rooted for BC in their game a few weeks back...and I'm damn proud of it!:eek:

I think tomorrow night I'm going to start a "Let's go Patriots" chant at the Sox game. I'll be on the 1st base side, a few rows above the old "canvas alley" with my Pat Patriot cap on, so anyone else going to the game can feel free to join in.

I'm right with ya...from my couch!:mad:

ive followed boston sports for years its just feels like something highschoolers would do

From the mouth of a member of the Class of 2009!:eek:

its obvious you dont have a lot going on in your life, lets go looser

tis it that obvious me lad? well, me da always told me,

"Tis bettar to be silent & thought a fool than to open one's mouth & remove all doubt"

You just removed the last bit of doubt I had about you...laddie:cool:

I stopped reading after the 3 page but just had to say something.

I was at the game and fans were just having fun with the chant after it was becoming a blow out.

If it really bothers Brady and other Patriots, excuse my blasphemy, but they need to grow up just like some people here.

I can understand if it was a close game, but the game was getting out of hand and people were just having fun and amusing themselves. Everyone was laughing(except fins fans) during the chants.

And excuse Boston fans for being more excited about a game 7 than a blowout against the pathetic Fins. I paid good money for those tickets and I'm not going to apologize for having a good time even if it hurt Brady's feelings.

I was at the game also...and since no one has mentioned this (or did and I just skipped over it along with the multitude of blather), the fans behind the Pats bench were absolutely unbelievable and made all Patriot's nation proud. They absolutely went nuts after Moss' amazing catches...giving him and his teammates some amazing sideline love as the offense returned to the bench. The Red Sox chants were just a sidebar for the Road Love this team was getting.

Back in the mid 80's Fenway wasn't truly opened each season until the first "BEAT LA!!" chant got going.

Hint to Tunescribe: They weren't talking about the Dodgers, and the Angels were from Anaheim back then.

Hint to Tunescribe: They weren't talking about the Dodgers, and the Angels were from Anaheim back then.

Hell, dude, I'm way ahead of you. I remember the old Cincinnati Red Stockings like it was yesterday.

Last edited:
Hell, dude, I'm way ahead of you. I remember the old Cincinnati Red Stockings like it was yesterday.

If the Pats are blowing out the Redskins on Sunday I will be chanting "Lets go Red Sox" from my seat in Section 135.

If the team hates it so much why did Belichick lead off his press conference with congratulations to the Sox?

All of us on the board are still waiting for those quotes from Pats players (which you mention all the time) saying they hate the chant in Foxboro.

Q: World Series Game 1 tonight, you like the Red Sox?
Tom Brady: I’ll be in bed by about 9 o’clock so you all can tell me how they did tomorrow.

Q: World Series Game 1 tonight, you like the Red Sox?
Tom Brady: I’ll be in bed by about 9 o’clock so you all can tell me how they did tomorrow.

And that means what?

If the Pats are blowing out the Redskins on Sunday I will be chanting "Lets go Red Sox" from my seat in Section 135.

Knock yourself out goofball. I won't, from my seat in Sec. 227.

If the team hates it so much why did Belichick lead off his press conference with congratulations to the Sox?

What a stupid, stupid question. That's the type of question asked by people who chant for baseball at football games.

All of us on the board are still waiting for those quotes from Pats players (which you mention all the time) saying they hate the chant in Foxboro.

So, newbie, you're the official board spokesman, eh? Well, as official board spokesman, perhaps you should ACTUALLY READ THE FREAKING THREAD! That way, your simple little mind won't be so confused and impatient over waiting for something that's already been explained.

Gawd almighty, talk about lowering the bar for a new standard of idiocy. I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Last edited:
I'm tired but I can't sleep. I have an idea...I'll tune into Fox and catch a few innings of that game loaded with excitement. zzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzz I'm on the edge on my seat.

Last edited:
I'm tired but I can't sleep. I have an idea...I'll tune into Fox and catch a few innings of that game loaded with excitement. zzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzz I'm on the edge on my seat.

This game was about as exciting as the Dolphins game. But I'll take it.

Tonight's blowout win won't mean jack shyte unless the Guaranteed Millionaires win game 2. As my late dad used to say: "They should have saved some runs for tomorrow."

Until tonight, the largest margin of victory in a WS game 1 was 11 runs, done twice. Both teams lost their series. So let's not count our championships before they're clinched. Or has everyone forgotten the Memorial Day Massacre?

one word for you wierdo

patsgo...I've reviewed many of your comments and I'm going to state my opinion. Remember, it's just my opinion.

You show a consistent anger-based behavioral response to those with opinions that don't agree with your. That's actually fairly common, especially in New England. But I see you go a step further and show an increased level of frustration when you are overwhelmed with opinions that are opposite yours. This is very dangerous. Your responses reflect a high level of machismo and clearly show a pattern of confused sexual identity & insecurity. But what do I know?...just my opinion.

P.S. I woudn't worry too much...Tunescribe is in far greater danger than you!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference