PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Crowd chanting "Let's go Red Sox"

Status
Not open for further replies.
pretty simple solution to all this, you go to the pats game you cheer for the pat, you go to a sox game you cheer for the sox, i just dont get the logic of cheering a baseball game at a footballgame, maybe i should start a cheer fo my sons pee wee soccer team sunday

I just don't think you appreciate the natural connection between the Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins and Pats. For true Boston sports fans, they all go hand in hand.

This is one of the bad things about all the bandwagon fans that have picked up the Pats since they started winning. They are not died-in-the-wool Boston sports fans and were not raised on Boston sports like those of us born and bred in the Hub.

They like the Pats because they win or the colors are cool or Brady has a cute dimple or whatever. That's fine.

But to have THOSE fans criticize those of us that have lived and loved these teams for 30, 40, 50 years - the infamous "die-hahdz" - seems a little out of line to me.

Just my take.

See ya,
ADPF

ill say it again get a life
Says a guy who gets his panties in a bunch over such a trivial matter as chanting go red sox at a Pats tailgate. Oh the irony.

I am soooo looking forward to Sunday's Pats/Skins game to hear the Red Sox chant. Man, I can hardly wait!:eek:

Couple of thoughts regarding this discussion.

1. To be a REAL Patriots fan, you must also be a fan of all the New England professional teams
2. Patriots fans are phony if they root for the Yankess, Lakers or Canadiens
3. I guess you can root for these teams but you could only call yourself a Patriots fan which is not as pure as a NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS FAN!
4. You must have lived in New England or born of New England bread parents to be a true Patriots fan...newbies have to earn their citizenship in Patriots Nation.
5. Finally, you can not be upset by cheers for the Red Sox in any venue on the face of this earth.

You may ask yourself, "what gives PatriotsReign the right to say this?"
It is because I am the rule maker! Hey, somebody's gotta do it!

Last edited:
I've been a Patriots season ticket holder since 1994 and haven't missed a home game in 14 years. I just corrected you and you admit to it, DUMB ASS. I swear, people like you give idiocy a bad name.

You've lost the context of this thread. The issue is cheering/chanting for baseball at inappropriate times during Patriots games, NOT whether the Krafts support Boston's baseball team. The cheering when McNair scored is the key example of what I'm talking about. I have absolutely no issue with cheering that is prompted by something the Patriots post on the scoreboard, whether it addresses baseball, basketball, or tiddly winks. Pay attention.

You just don't get it, do ya scott.

So, tunescribe, to sum it up, because YOU, a Pat's Fan for the past 14 years (well after Bledsoe was drafted and Tuna came along) can decide what people like me, who have rooted for them my WHOLE life can do at the games? And since when is having season tickets a level of fandom? If you told me you have had them for 20 or 30 years I would be impressed, anytime after Drew came along they were a hot ticket and you could sell them for double face value.
I don't question your ability to be a Pats fan, but you really have shown you have no clue what you are talking about. Has ONE person even taken your side on this??

So, tunescribe, to sum it up, because YOU, a Pat's Fan for the past 14 years (well after Bledsoe was drafted and Tuna came along) can decide what people like me, who have rooted for them my WHOLE life can do at the games? And since when is having season tickets a level of fandom? If you told me you have had them for 20 or 30 years I would be impressed, anytime after Drew came along they were a hot ticket and you could sell them for double face value.
I don't question your ability to be a Pats fan, but you really have shown you have no clue what you are talking about. Has ONE person even taken your side on this??

doesn't matter cuz that would just make them as foolish as the TUNE man:cool:

I think tomorrow night I'm going to start a "Let's go Patriots" chant at the Sox game. I'll be on the 1st base side, a few rows above the old "canvas alley" with my Pat Patriot cap on, so anyone else going to the game can feel free to join in.

I think tomorrow night I'm going to start a "Let's go Patriots" chant at the Sox game. I'll be on the 1st base side, a few rows above the old "canvas alley" with my Pat Patriot cap on, so anyone else going to the game can feel free to join in.

Go for it. I'll join you from my livingroom.

And I guarantee you there will be hundreds joining you!

As it should be!

I am soooo looking forward to Sunday's Pats/Skins game to hear the Red Sox chant. Man, I can hardly wait!:eek:

1. To be a REAL Patriots fan, you must also be a fan of all the New England professional teams
3. I guess you can root for these teams but you could only call yourself a Patriots fan which is not as pure as a NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS FAN!
4. You must have lived in New England or born of New England bread parents to be a true Patriots fan...newbies have to earn their citizenship in Patriots Nation.
5. Finally, you can not be upset by cheers for the Red Sox in any venue on the face of this earth.

Reign,

I am not sure if you were being sarcastic or not, but everyone of those rules makes perfect sense to me!

I would modify them slightly as follows:

1. To be a REAL BOSTON SPORTS FAN, you must be a fan of all the New England professional teams AND college teams.

2. ANYONE who roots for the Yankees, Lakers or Canadiens is a complete jack a s s and there really is no hope for them anyway, so why even pay attention to them.

3. You can root for whoever you want, but if the Patriots are just one piece of your multi-regional sports loyalties, then you are NOT a TRUE BOSTON SPORTS fan. Suck off our tit if it makes oyu happy, but keep your mouth shut when it comes to serious sports conversations among our elitist fraternity.

4. If you were NOT born in New England, you are already at a considerable disadvantage culturally, spiritually and emotionally, but we'll ALLOW you to root for our teams if you show the old schoolers the proper respect.

You can earn membership in PATRIOT NATION, but it's not going to be as easy as coming on board in 2003 and buying a Rodney Harrison jersey from the Pro Shop. Qualifications for this honor can only be communicated in secret to preserve the integrity of this ancient and honored society.

5. Finally, once you understand what it is we're talking about here, you'll find yourself chanting "Let's Go, Red Sox" in your head as you drive down the street with no one else in the truck. Once this happens, YOU HAVE ARRIVED!

Last edited:
Reign,
among our elitist fraternity.

4. If you were NOT born in New England, you are already at a considerable disadvantage culturally, spiritually and emotionally, but we'll ALLOW you to root for our teams if you show the old schoolers the proper respect.

You can earn membership in PATRIOT NATION, but it's not going to be as easy as coming on board in 2003 and buying a Rodney Harrison jersey from the Pro Shop. Qualifications for this honor can only be communicated in secret to preserve the integrity of this ancient and honored society.

5. Finally, once you understand what it is we're talking about here, you'll find yourself chanting "Let's Go, Red Sox" in your head as you drive down the street with no one else in the truck. Once this happens, YOU HAVE ARRIVED!

I wasn't even born in the country. Man, I was hopping I could be part of the elitist frat. I bet there is a secret handshake and all.
Stupid parents.

1. To be a REAL BOSTON SPORTS FAN, you must be a fan of all the New England professional teams AND college teams

One minor quibble, you don't have to be fan of ALL New England college teams, for example I can't root for BU in Hockey since I graduated from BC. :)

If you can't hander more than one thing at a time that is your problem. I think I'll cheer whatever I want and please at any event.
one word for you wierdo

Well, if you don't think tailgating is part of sports, especially football, then I would say you need to get out more!

I would invite to you one of my legendary tailgates, so you could experience it youself, if I thought you would behave yourself.

We had good food, cold beverages, everybody in Pats colors, flags flying. We even had a group of high school cheerleaders who were collecting money for their team come over and do Red Sox and Patriots cheers! It was awesome!

Guess those who don't get it, just don't get it. Whatever.

"I have no more use for this guy, your honor."

"Yutes? Did you say yutes?"
i tailgate all the time thats why its hard for me to see grown men standing around saying lets go sox with the food on the grill, different strokes i guess

You can cheer for your sons pee wee soccer team all you want because last time I checked your free to do so. Telling people to not cheer for the Sox is ridiculous. Fans will cheer for whoever they want and no one really cares that don't like it. Given the fact that the Red Sox chant happened multiple times it seems like a lot of fans who actually attend the game disagree with you. They paid the price of admission so they can chant whatever they want.
i just think its soft, that my opinion

I just don't think you appreciate the natural connection between the Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins and Pats. For true Boston sports fans, they all go hand in hand.wrong again i follow al

This is one of the bad things about all the bandwagon fans that have picked up the Pats since they started winning. They are not died-in-the-wool Boston sports fans and were not raised on Boston sports like those of us born and bred in the Hub.

They like the Pats because they win or the colors are cool or Brady has a cute dimple or whatever. That's fine.

But to have THOSE fans criticize those of us that have lived and loved these teams for 30, 40, 50 years - the infamous "die-hahdz" - seems a little out of line to me.

Just my take.

See ya,
ADPF
ive followed boston sports for years its just feels like something highschoolers would do

its obvious you dont have a lot going on in your life, lets go looser

Reign,

I am not sure if you were being sarcastic or not, but everyone of those rules makes perfect sense to me!

I would modify them slightly as follows:

1. To be a REAL BOSTON SPORTS FAN, you must be a fan of all the New England professional teams AND college teams.

Is it possible for me to apply for a waiver since I'm a UConn-Storrs grad/fan and am still pissed at BC for leaving for the ACC?

God damn, get over yourselves already.

If you've rooted for a team, anywhere, New England or not, through the hard times, you are not a bandwagon fan. Period. You guys and your birth right crap. Ugh, blue blood new england b8ll****. That's the part of growing up there that I always hated, the elitism. Get a grip.

PS LETS GO RED SOX!!! BANG BANG BANGBANGBANG!! LETS GO RED SOX!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe