PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Crable released

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Patriots probably sign Tony Carter of their practice squad to fill the 53 man roster. He has already earned the best practice player of the week for three times this season. Against the Colts spread offense they probably need more CB's.

I think the Patriots probably sign Tony Carter of their practice squad to fill the 53 man roster. He has already earned the best practice player of the week for three times this season. Against the Colts spread offense they probably need more CB's.

If not Aaron Schobel, that's my guess also.

The Globe's Bedard tweeted this:

Not a lot to go on but there it is.

Greg A. Bedard (Greg_A_Bedard) on Twitter

If we needed another DB why wouldn't we cut Butler like we cut Wheatley? Cutting a pass rusher to sign a DB? I am not a football genius but it does not make sense to me. I am completely confused like I was when we selected Devin McCourty in the 1st round. That worked out well, so hold onto your seat .......

We're awefully thin at linebacker: 3 OLB, 3 ILB, Fletcher and a special teamer (White). I would expect that we are adding a linebacker.

If we want to add a defensive back, there are two other positions that could provide the roster spot: OL(Ohrnberger) or DL (Love). That presumes that Page is coming back.

He was continually in motion up to the snap- as if he couldn't make up his mind what he was supposed to do. There's trickery, and there's confusion. It was definitely the latter.

And yes, at least on two occasions he should have been called for false starts but wasn't.

He definitely wasn't hustling. Example: 20 seconds left in 2nd period, 2nd and 10, Pitts ball on their 40, if you want to FF to that, you'll see him trail a big run play by Moore with a casual jog.
Do you mean he should've been called for offsides/neutral zone infraction? I'm pretty sure there is no false start penalty on defense, or else none of that pre-snap motion could work.

I hate to speculate but this morning when going to work, I ran into Eric Alexander. I thought he was with Jaguars or did he get released by them? It looked like he was going somewhere in his sweat suits as he was getting into his car....:confused:

wiki shows Alexander still with the jags.

I hate to speculate but this morning when going to work, I ran into Eric Alexander. I thought he was with Jaguars or did he get released by them? It looked like he was going somewhere in his sweat suits as he was getting into his car....:confused:

Seriously? I joked about him a few pages back, how it might be safe for him without Dallas Clark. Seriously?

It's Pierre Woods.

Good thing or a bad thing?

Pats are obviously opening up a roster spot in anticipation of a signing or promotion to the 53, but who will it be?

I think Crable will get resigned to the PS as long as he makes it through waivers.

True, but I also don't think they're going to go with 3 OLBs total on the roster. That leaves them one injury away from being in deep trouble. To cut Crable, I'd think they'd have to have someone ready to come in who can take his spot on the depth chart. Other than Woods or Burgess, I'm not sure who else would fit the bill. I agree that it's strange timing, and I don't necessarily see how that makes more sense than just going with Crable either, but Belichick makes a lot of moves that I don't understand. That doesn't really phase me anymore; I just go with it, since his call usually ends up being the right one.

I think they have more than 3 OLBs.

Ninkovich, Cunningham, TBC are the first three. Behind them we have:
Fletcher, Brown, White, and Woods.

Ok the move was to bring back Pierre Woods.

It appears your response was a great big "whoosh" right over the heads of some folks not familiar with the Legend of Adam Seward.

I know...and its crackin me the flunk UP!

Just like there no crying in Baseball, there are no false starts on defense.

What are these defensive false starts you keep speaking about? I don't ever remember a false start being called on the defense.

Do you mean he should've been called for offsides/neutral zone infraction? I'm pretty sure there is no false start penalty on defense, or else none of that pre-snap motion could work.

Technically it is under the category of neutral zone infraction, so yes, Comeback is right, although I just call it false start because that is essentially what it is. It is rarely called or enforced. However I do remember Sey getting nabbed once because one of his favorite trick was to jump from a left hand 3 point to right, or right to left, quickly and get the man over him to false start.

There are two rules:

No interior lineman may move abruptly after taking or simulating a three-point stance.

No player of the defensive team within one yard of the line of scrimmage may make an abrupt movement in an attempt to cause the offense to false start.

Since Crable was lined up on the LOS and within a yard in the instance I am considering him, he is considered a lineman and thus subject to those infractions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3