PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Crable released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, good call.

Blind squirrels, nuts, etc. With enough random guesses, everyone's right sometimes. Total up all of the predictions that I've made on this board for this season and I'm maybe batting .200

I think they have more than 3 OLBs.

Ninkovich, Cunningham, TBC are the first three. Behind them we have:
Fletcher, Brown, White, and Woods.

Ok the move was to bring back Pierre Woods.

As of when I wrote the post, Ninkovich, Cunningham and TBC were the three. Fletcher's tough to classify, but is definitely more of an ILB, and White is ST-only. Brown is a safety, hence figuring Woods was the most likely candidate.

Last edited:
Maybe alamo should have a "Predict the Signing Thread" similar to his weekly "Predict the Score Thread".

hmmm... what would it look like?

This week's attempt to get into the mind of Bill Belichick ended up like most others, in almost complete failure for most of us. There were two, though, who properly read the writing on the hoodie.

Congratulations to this week's Predict the Signing winners, BradyFTW! and apple strudel!

Code:
                        Prediction    Comment
 1. apple strudel       Woods         Ready the board for the Pierre Woods signing.
    BradyFTW!           Woods         Shot in the dark: Pierre Woods?
 3. West Philly Patriot Reed          Jeff Reed
    Elijah              Reed          They'd better sign a decent corner, or maybe Jeff Reed
 5. Sciz                Carter        Gotta be Tony Carter
    BPF                 Carter        Ageed, I've been thinking that Tony Carter would get the call for some time now. 
    pats_premi          Carter        Tony Carter
    IcyPatriot          Ventrone      Ross Ventrone being signed?
    JSn                 Ventrone      Ventrone! Makes sense! Right?
10. eagle eye           Burgess       Maybe Burgess is coming back?
    crowell33           Schobel       This is where Aaron Schobel joins the Patriots and gets his ring.
    QB12                Schobel       If not Aaron Schobel, that's my guess also.
    Pats726             Murrell       How about Murrell?????
    RayClay             Murrell       They looked at some de/olb earlier and Murrell showed some spark and played teams.
    Uncle Rico          Alexander     Maybe they're bringing back Eric Alexander
    PatsfanGlo          Alexander     I hate to speculate but this morning when going to work, I ran into Eric Alexander. 
17. Froob               Crable        Maybe he's getting re-signed for a longer contract. 
    Elijah              Crable        That has to be the only logical explanation.
    patriotscpfc        Crable        Reckon the re-signing mentioned above may be the most likely situation.
    KontradictioN       Crable        Maybe he gets re-signed.
    patsfan-1982        Crable        they most be re-signing him
22. PATRIOTSFANINPA     Colvin        Rosie Colvin is coming back 
    KoolAid             Brown         Troy Brown
    BradyFTW!           McGinest      Since I have no idea what any of this could mean, I'm just going to assume that he was cut so Willie McGinest can take his spot. Let's go Willie!
    signbabybrady       Seau          Seau
    andrewgarrr         Seau          Junior Seau
    mgcolby             Law           Ty Law was talking about joining a team late in the season
    Patsfan79           Law           Maybe ty law is coming back?
29. IcyPatriot          Unnamed RB    Has to be a contract or they're bringing in another RB because Fred is a dog-faker.
    sbpatfan            unnamed CB    Another corner?
    BlueThunder         Big Name Player They are getting readyto sign -----------> Big Name Player Here
    BlueThunder         PS player     Unless they sign a PS player to the active roster.
    mgteich             unnamed LB    I would expect that we are adding a linebacker.
    BlitzFritz          unnamed OL/RB OL or RB or something like that i would guess. 
35. PATSYLICIOUS        Peppers       JULIUS FREAKING PEPPERS
    Haley               Moss          Guys I totally heard we were getting Randy Moss.
    Patsfan79           Smith         Maybe the pats are gonna get steve smith from carolina.
38. letekro             Quinn         Can we sign Robert Quinn?
39. strongside          Mankins       Did they have a two game exception for Mankins. Is Crable his roster spot? 
40. ice                 Mankins       Bingo, we have bingo.
41. Holy Diver          Seward        Adam Seward was seen in Foxborough.
    nashvillepatsfan    Seward        does this mean BB is finally going to sign Adam Seward?
    Calciumee           Seward        We could only hope

Do you mean he should've been called for offsides/neutral zone infraction? I'm pretty sure there is no false start penalty on defense, or else none of that pre-snap motion could work.

Linemen cannot motion pre-snap.

This week's attempt to get into the mind of Bill Belichick ended up like most others, in almost complete failure for most of us. There were two, though, who properly read the writing on the hoodie.

Congratulations to this week's Predict the Signing winners, BradyFTW! and apple strudel!

Code:
                        Prediction    Comment
 1. apple strudel       Woods         Ready the board for the Pierre Woods signing.
    Elijah              Reed          They'd better sign a decent corner, or maybe Jeff Reed
    BPF                 Carter        Ageed, I've been thinking that Tony Carter would get the call for some time now. 
    crowell33           Schobel       This is where Aaron Schobel joins the Patriots and gets his ring.
    RayClay             Murrell       They looked at some de/olb earlier and Murrell showed some spark and played teams.
    PatsfanGlo          Alexander     I hate to speculate but this morning when going to work, I ran into Eric Alexander. 
17. Froob               Crable        Maybe he's getting re-signed for a longer contract. 
    patriotscpfc        Crable        Reckon the re-signing mentioned above may be the most likely situation.
    BradyFTW!           McGinest      Since I have no idea what any of this could mean, I'm just going to assume that he was cut so Willie McGinest can take his spot. Let's go Willie!
    mgcolby             Law           Ty Law was talking about joining a team late in the season
29. IcyPatriot          Unnamed RB    Has to be a contract or they're bringing in another RB because Fred is a dog-faker.
    BlueThunder         Big Name Player They are getting readyto sign -----------> Big Name Player Here
    BlueThunder         PS player     Unless they sign a PS player to the active roster.
    mgteich             unnamed LB    I would expect that we are adding a linebacker.
    BlitzFritz          unnamed OL/RB OL or RB or something like that i would guess. 
    Haley               Moss          Guys I totally heard we were getting Randy Moss.
    Patsfan79           Smith         Maybe the pats are gonna get steve smith from carolina.
39. strongside          Mankins       Did they have a two game exception for Mankins. Is Crable his roster spot? 
    nashvillepatsfan    Seward        does this mean BB is finally going to sign Adam Seward?

41???? cmon man. I shouldve been rated higher. You know BB is going to sign Adam Seward, its just a matter of when :D

Linemen cannot motion pre-snap.

Your aren't saying this correctly. D-Lineman can motion pre-snap, you are wrong. They cannot dive at the o lineman and in that motion, basically force the offensive lineman to move. I guess it is occasionally called when a d lineman will jump into the neutral zone and almost hit an o-lineman, then jump back.

I don't remember these plays you keep talking about, so I will end it there.

Code:
                        Prediction    Comment

What about IBWT? That's gotta be #1, always!

That goes for everyone. Anyone who laughs is a communist!

Last edited:
Screw a linebacker we need another WR to guarantee Brady's MVP, Vincent Jackson to the Pats?

Screw a linebacker we need another WR to guarantee Brady's MVP, Vincent Jackson to the Pats?

i wish, i was pretty thrilled about the thought of this earlier this season.

Your aren't saying this correctly. D-Lineman can motion pre-snap, you are wrong. They cannot dive at the o lineman and in that motion, basically force the offensive lineman to move. I guess it is occasionally called when a d lineman will jump into the neutral zone and almost hit an o-lineman, then jump back.

I don't remember these plays you keep talking about, so I will end it there.

Huh? That's fine by me because I have downloaded all of the games this year and so I can go back and look at them anytime- and in this instance to just watch what Crable was doing.

Like I said in another post, the rule clearly states no sudden move, there is nothing about the specific act of "diving."

And your "d-lineman jumping into the neutral zone then jumping back" actually is NOT an infraction. It is only a penalty if he cannot get back before the snap. So please don't be talking down to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back