PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could this be Loudest Gillete has ever been?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Under a dome of heavy clouds and swirling snow, in the top 2 has to Jan. 2004 AFC Title game won by Pats-Ty Law with 3 picks off P. Manning.

I'm just curious to season ticket holders? What are they louder games you have been to?

Will this one stand up?

Been to every home game, regular season and playoffs, from 1992 to 2008, and there are a handful of games that stand out as being especially loud, but not many of them were at the current stadium. Loudest Gillette games I can recall were the conference championship game against Indianapolis in 2004 (03 season), the season opener against Pittsburgh in 2002, and the home opener in 07 again st SD when the Pats gave their first FU to the NFL and national media in the immediate aftermath of the videotaping scandal (I refuse to use the media created common term for the "l'afaire du camera").

But, the loudest game I've ever been a part of was the 96 AFC Championship against Jacksonville. When Otis Smith returned that fumble for a TD the aluminum benches were actually shaking, and I think the concrete foundations of Foxboro Stadium might have been moving as well. Simply the loudest game ever; I could not hear my brother standing next to me. As Smith was running down the sideline towards the end zone I just recall screaming "OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD!" It was complete pandemonium...

God i can't wait to hear the stadium monday night. This is my first pats game i'm flying in from michigan to cheer on the pats.:rocker:

Never been a loud crowd to begin with, compared to some other cities. And even when there is an attempt to be loud, the stadium just doesn't hold the noise. Beautiful, beautiful stadium...but a lot of noise escapes at the open end where the lighthouse is.

I'm going, for my first game ever up at Gillette.

What should I bring in to make noise without them taking it away?

Just bring your voice..you dont need anything..

Cant wait till monday..iI am going to be as loud as possible :rocker:

for those going to the game.......

Don't bring your GF to the game so you don't have to answer her stupid questions!

Stop texting, leave the stupid phone at home!

Standing up is allowed. This isn't Phantom of the Opera

Let's go Red Sox is not a chant we use at Foxboro

Dont be thinking that just because you leave the game in the 3rd quarter, traffic will be lighter....15,000 other people are thinking just like you, so traffic will still be nuts!

I say to send to the far back bleachers of the stadium all the wine and cheese rich pricks in the lower stands who are there to party and not yell their lungs out for the local team and let the vocal fans get the front seats

I'm going, for my first game ever up at Gillette.

What should I bring in to make noise without them taking it away?

You are going to have a blast...greatest stadium in the world. Very jealous of you!...you won't need to do anything but clap, cheer.....and BOO fat Rex and sancheeze....Have fun! Go Pats!

Re: Get loud Part Deux....

NO!!! My football (soccer) team in Scotland have won 5-1, 3 times this season, STAY BEHIND AND GET BEHIND THE TEAM, that's what can help teams, fans cheering and being loud.

Now im no expert but should that not be two 5-1 wins and one 5-0?? :p

The Gillette might not be the loudest stadium but it is a fortress. No team comes to the Gillette and gets an easy ride. 25 straight with TB starting.

Theres loud stadiums like Ford Field last week that make no difference to the home team.

it would be great if the fans made it a deafening stadium to visit but its not essential.

Parkhead and Ibrox are very much examples of this!!

Scottish Patriot number 2

The Gillette might not be the loudest stadium but it is a fortress. No team comes to the Gillette and gets an easy ride. 25 straight with TB starting.

Theres loud stadiums like Ford Field last week that make no difference to the home team.

it would be great if the fans made it a deafening stadium to visit but its not essential.

I don't think any American sports crowd can match an Old Firm game...or El Clasico, Milan Derby, Ruhr Derby, Feyenoord/Ajax, for that matter....:D

Last edited:

I don't think any American sports crowd can match an Old Firm game...or El Clasico, Milan Derby, Ruhr Derby, Feyenoord/Ajax, for that matter....:D

Definately agree with you on that mate, but outside the old firm derby the two stadiums are usually very quiet.

as are the Bernabeu and Camp Nuo when not the Classico.

The German fans are noisy all the time though. Great Supporters - especially Dortmund.

Anyway Pats fans will rise to the occassion on Monday night. :D

This is one of the most important regular season games I can remember. The Patriot's odds of winning a Super Bowl will go up drastically if they win this game. They will go down drastically if they don't.

BE LOUD, even if that is not your norm. BE LOUD for the entire game!

Bring your A Game Patriot fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have not missed a game at Gillette Stadium and to this day the loudest I have ever heard Gillette was the very first regular season game played there. The First banner was revealed moments before kickoff and the Stadium was absolutely insane. They kept it going into the game too. There have been other moments thru the years but I dont think we have ever been louder than that moment.

And to be honest with the history of these two teams and the magnitude of this up coming game I could see the crowd getting close despite it being much more coorperate now than the first season.

I can assure I will be loud and proud but that isnt anything new as I have built up a reputation at my seats. The guy in the row in front of me introduced me to his wife at the last game by calling me the mouth.

He is a legend at Gillette, always loud - always proud, for those that really know him -- he is the man they call "SCOOT"

The only thing that worries me about the crowd is IF the Pats are down by two scores, will the crowd stay loud or think about leaving as they have to work in the morning.

Even the game in Arizona last monday was loud. This week's should be deafening

The tartan army nearly blew out my tv speakers when gli azzurri came there in november of '07. That goal was offside :p. You're right though, a crowd can do wonders to lift a team. Thankfully, we have Tommy Boy and BB who don't need much help.

European stadiums and American stadiums (stadia?) are apples and oranges. Americans love their football, but it is not the stamp on a culture that it is across the pond. Any visiting fan who has strayed from the group in Rome, Paris, or Istanbul will tell you what they paid for the ensuing ER visit. Crowds there also feel as though they have an obligation to lift the team when they're down. Not the case at Gillette.

Crowd noise has been good the last few games, Keep It Up!

that's true - but for next monday it must really be the 12th men !

But, the loudest game I've ever been a part of was the 96 AFC Championship against Jacksonville. When Otis Smith returned that fumble for a TD the aluminum benches were actually shaking, and I think the concrete foundations of Foxboro Stadium might have been moving as well. Simply the loudest game ever; I could not hear my brother standing next to me. As Smith was running down the sideline towards the end zone I just recall screaming "OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD!" It was complete pandemonium...

simply awesome - thanks for sharing !

Last edited:
hopefully it will be loud when THEY have the ball and quiet when we have the ball :)

It's becoming more of a football area and there are notable exceptions and great vocal fans at Gillette that try to get others more involved, but in general it's still a learning process at Gillette.

Thing about making noise at a football game that is different from baseball or hockey or basketball is that you make noise proactively, you don't wait for something to happen and then react. I know ticket prices are huge and people may not be excited to fork over $100 or more to lose their voice, we simply want to be entertained.

As BB would say DO YOUR JOB. You are a part of the action in football. You are the 12th man. Don't be the weak link. If you aren't hoarse on Monday (or Tues) then you haven't done your job.

We'll be the best fans in the league once we master the art of noise. First we have to stop pointing fingers at the stadium architects or the weather gods or ticket prices....and start looking in the mirror and asking ourselves if we as individuals are being as loud as we possibly can. I know folks around me could probably do more. If we ever go down we do it fighting together! :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News