PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Could the Arizona @ New England game be moved to prime time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Could the Arizona@New England game be moved to prime time ?

Doubt it. Al Michaels hasn't called a Cardinals game since 1999 and I don't see that changing here. Arizona has the division clinched but getting a first round bye is unlikely, so they won't have that much to play for. While they've greatly improved in recent years, the Cardinals still aren't that much of a ratings draw. You also have to consider that the Cards are usually duds on the East Coast and those in charge will want to have a close game for the audience.

I think Falcons @ Vikings has the best chance. Both teams are fighting to get in and the league would want to showcase the new and improved Vick-less Falcons. Giants @ Panthers would be a good shout but the Giants will be playing on SNF next week against the Cowboys. While it's possible for a team to play on SNF two weeks in a row (us and the Redskins did it last year), the league probably wants to avoid this if they can. Another game which might get consideration is Eagles @ Redskins, but the Redskins look to be fading fast and I don't know how much of a draw they would be.

Re: Could the Arizona@New England game be moved to prime time ?

I think The Eagles game is protected also.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back