PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Compensatory picks and why NE won't get any in 2024

Don't know. I do know they need to spend 33 million to get to the cap floor, so keeping Jackson's number on the books might be worth it for that reason to them.
If we re-sign Onwenu, we will hit that mark without breaking a sweat

I'm hoping Trent is in Mayo's plans.
Meh. I want someone I know will likely play all 17 games.

I’ll take a slightly lesser talented tackle than Trent if it means he’s more reliable.

I'm hoping Trent is in Mayo's plans.
After reading the stories of him refusing to try in practice, I don't think he's the type of guy you want on a rebuilding team with a new coach. Pats need culture builders.

A bump of this thread.

Was just thinking about next year’s draft. Since we hardly signed anyone, is there a decent chance we could wind up landing a couple late picks? Maybe from Trent Brown, Mack Wilson, Pharoah Brown, etc.

Wouldn’t expect much more than a couple late rounders if anything.

No. We won't have any comp picks next year either

That's not a guarantee. Many of the players the Pats signed won't qualify for the Comp Equation.

Isnt it a bit early to say that.

I don’t think nyjfl does the math on that til Dec-Jan timeframe. We still at 90-man rosters right now.

Isnt it a bit early to say that.

I don’t think nyjfl does the math on that til Dec-Jan timeframe. We still at 90-man rosters right now.

It's not just that.

The Pats have lost 6 UFA and if Zeke Signs with Dallas, that would be 7.. they've signed 9, but 2 were cuts, so thats 7. BUT, players like Hooper, Watts, Leverett, signed deals that were below last year's threshold. Granted, some of the ones they lost are below as well. It's not as easy as just saying "Not gonna happen". Even using OverTheCap's page.

There is also the minor bump one way or the other depending on how the player plays..

EDIT: The bottom Threshold in 2024 was 2.5M and below and is projected to be at 3M.

Last edited:
A bump of this thread.

Was just thinking about next year’s draft. Since we hardly signed anyone, is there a decent chance we could wind up landing a couple late picks? Maybe from Trent Brown, Mack Wilson, Pharoah Brown, etc.

Wouldn’t expect much more than a couple late rounders if anything.
Possible but unlikely.

Those losses will/could be offset by the additions of Brissett, Gibson, Osborn, Hooper, Takitaki, Watts and Leverett.
Okorafor was released by Pittsburgh, so he won't count as part of the formula.

Edit: Check the second comment from DaBruinz' 2024-25 Roster Transaction Thread for more info.

Possible but unlikely.

Those losses will/could be offset by the additions of Brissett, Gibson, Osborn, Hooper, Takitaki, Watts and Leverett.
Okorafor was released by Pittsburgh, so he won't count as part of the formula.

I actually have it tracked on the 2024/2025 Roster page..

Currently we sit at 6 lost / 7 signed. Though it looks like Mills isn't counting as a Lost because he's at min salary..

Unless Dallas get's worried that Zeke will re-sign with us, it's unlikely that he'll be signed before the cut-off date next week.. Same with Gilmore. Pats are going to wait so that he won't count in the formula in all likelihood.

The likelihood ? NE won’t be winning at a double digit clip this season. 9-8 or (probably) below will get them decent picks w/o any compensatory selections.

The new braintrust needs for the 2024-25-26 picks to be successful in order for this to work. Quality over quantity.

Therefore, I’n not too fussed about extra picks at this point. Let’s see what happens.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back