PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Comeback to "18 & 1" taunts - Have any?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been 3 teams have have gone 18-1? Really? Are you sure about that. I was pretty positive that no other team had won 18 games in a single season.

The 1985 bears did, and one of the late-80s 49ers teams did. They went 15-1 in the regular season then won the SB.

I say "Sh!t happens. But we made it farther than the other 30 teams in the league. That's what counts"

I've basically stopped wearing Patriots jackets, shirts and caps (which was almost half my wardrobe) just to avoid the taunts of all the haters out there but its not going to stop when next season comes around. Hell, it won't even stop unless the Pats win the Super Bowl.

What are some good comebacks to the common taunts that we hear? What makes it tough is that most of these people aren't even Giants fans. If they were I would just say congratulations, the Giants were the better team and move on but that rarely applies. Here you can't even respond with a New York comment (I'm in California) and if you don't even know what team they root for its pretty tough to come up with a clever comeback so I end up just ignoring it since I don't know what to say.

Any ideas as to how to handle this better?

I just tell them to lick the schmutz and sweat off my hairy balls.

Works pretty good.

(One guy actually did, too. We're getting together again for coffee on Friday.)

The 1985 bears did, and one of the late-80s 49ers teams did. They went 15-1 in the regular season then won the SB.

They 84 49ers and the 85 Bears. Got it. Thanks for the info.

just say One Year Wonders. Gets under their skin and they cant say anything back since the Pats have won 3 and are a dynasty.

Just hold up three fingers. Short and sweet.

Kind of a bummer the Giants can now also hold up 3 fingers. :(

There is no good reply so take a deep breath and say to yourself, "Serenity now...Serenity now".

Just hold up three fingers. Short and sweet.

Outsider looking in. 18-1 taunts...

agreed, hold up 3 fingers.

Its more than most other teams can claim and the most current Dynasty in football.

Keep your chins up Pats fans, 18-1, yes, it stinks to lose the Big Game (as we Pittsburgh fans do know). But you have 3 rings, and the best QB currently in the league, one of the Greatest Coaches to be in the game and reason to believe your team will be right back in it next year.

How about this...
The only team in NFL history to go 18-0 and you think it's a bad thing.

For those who chant "Cheaters"
Ah yes. The song of a loser.

I live deep in the heart of Cowboys territory and I wear my Pats hat about every day and I haven't gotten one comment about it since before the SB. If someone said something to me then I would respond that A) 18-1 is pretty damn good and nothing to be ashamed of B) We will be back next season C) At least we weren't the first ever #1 NFC seed to lose in the divisional round.

As others have said, there's ONE group of fans who have anything on us right now. I'll give it up to the Giants fans. And that's it. The rest of these hating knuckleheads out there get no respect. None. Especially the worthless ones that want to taunt the fan of a team whose team has on 2 separate occasions won 18 and 21 straight. Wear the colors proud.

You get taunted, just say, "You must be a Giant fan. Congrats to you". The guy will either fess up and admit he's a hater in which case look at him like he's a loser, he'll be a bigblue fan in which case good for him, or he'll be a blatant liar and say he's a Giant fan. Either way, be the better man and dont give any of those schmoes the fuel theyre lookin' for. Theyre trying to get a rise. Youve gotta stay cool. Someone wants to slam you for a 'choke job' and he's a Giants fan, Im letting that guy have his fun, personally. Any other Joe, Im looking at the guy like he's a jealous hater who's team probably got handled by our boys this year and movin' on.

My comeback....

"Yeah the Giants played a great game, they deserved to win. I'm pretty sure we'll be around next year"

My Pats stuff?

Let me put it to you this way, I wore it in the 80's and 90's. There is a real good chance i am gonna keep wearing it today, and long after TB and BB are gone.

Period.

"You are right! You are right!"

There isn't one. I guess "It's only entertainment!" works?

"Let me know when your team goes 16-0 first and then we'll talk"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference