PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Comeback to "18 & 1" taunts - Have any?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Are you a Giants fan?"

If yes, shake persons hand and say "Congrats".

If no, say "F*ck off" as walking away.

For my no I say, where was your team in the Superbowl, or where was your team in the playoffs. Then they claim we should have won or something like that, and I end up giving them the bird.

People actually are afraid to wear their Pats gear because they can't take the heat?

:rofl:

People actually are afraid to wear their Pats gear because they can't take the heat?

:rofl:

So if I'm out with my wife and kids and wearing Pats stuff which causes haters to cuss, taunt and threaten violence I should continue doing that just to show my fan spirit?

Its easy to make a statement like that being in CT.

It's easy to make that statement while surrounded on all sides by Giants fans? If you say so.

If you can't go somewhere with your wife and children without being subjected to expletives and the possibility of violence, I'd wager you're living in the wrong part of town, not the wrong part of the country.

Last edited:
So if I'm out with my wife and kids and wearing Pats stuff which causes haters to cuss, taunt and threaten violence I should continue doing that just to show my fan spirit?

Its easy to make a statement like that being in CT.

I feel you on that.

I don't mind people saying stuff to me, I just mind it when I am out with my 3yr old and 1yr old shopping and people find it necessary to come up to me swearing and poking their fingers in my face and saying stuff about the Pats.

My kids get frightened and don't understand.

The worst thus far has been Steeler fans and I live on the west coast!

Im still wearing my Pats gear though, I will never be ashamed of what we accomplished.

It's easy to make that statement while surrounded on all sides by Giants fans? If you say so.

If you can't go somewhere with your wife and children without being subjected to expletives and the possibility of violence, I'd wager you're living in the wrong part of town, not the wrong part of the country.

Thats not true at all.

I live in a neighbourhood where every house is worth well over $600,000 -- and I shop locally. Just because people have $$$$ doesn't make them any kinder, or less likely to be rude. This is football, people are passionate, -- its not ping pong!

Face facts, there is no middle ground, people either like the Pats, or they hate them.

Fact is, there aren't many Pats fans in NV! So I always get an earful, no matter how uppercrust the neighbourhood.

Fair enough. There's a lot of great things about living in SoCal - sports fans isn't one of them. I still don't agree with your blanket statement but to each his own.

Last edited:
This is football, people are passionate

I can agree with that. Honestly, people have definitely said **** to me when they see me with the jersey, but it hasn't been anything I'd be afraid of my kids hearing. No one swears at me, or anything. And I may live in CT but there are a lot of Giants, Jets, and bandwagon Cowboys + Colts fans here, so you'd think I'd get the worst of it.

Wow ... 18 & 1 .... what an embarrassment . :D

Next year the Pats will be on a new mission to kick everyones asses again. And it will feel really good when they do.

I can agree with that. Honestly, people have definitely said **** to me when they see me with the jersey, but it hasn't been anything I'd be afraid of my kids hearing. No one swears at me, or anything. And I may live in CT but there are a lot of Giants, Jets, and bandwagon Cowboys + Colts fans here, so you'd think I'd get the worst of it.

You are really lucky. Don't get me wrong, I expected the comments, I know how passionate I am about my Pats, so, I expected the jeers and the jibes, but what threw me for a loop was the fact people had no respect for the fact I was with my kids, my family, and I am a woman.

The worst time was the Steeler fan who got in my face, pointing his finger right at my nose, mere millimeteres away and swearing and cussing, while I was psuhing my two little boys in the shopping cart! Thankfully, my husband came round the corner from a different aisle, wearing his Pats cap, I was in my jersey, and the Steeler fan scuttled away.

And they say the pats fans have no class!

Good grief. I guess in Virginia no one really cares because no one ever says anything to me and I wear stuff almost every day. Maybe I need to get out more. Or, reading these stories, maybe not!

You are really lucky. Don't get me wrong, I expected the comments, I know how passionate I am about my Pats, so, I expected the jeers and the jibes, but what threw me for a loop was the fact people had no respect for the fact I was with my kids, my family, and I am a woman.

The worst time was the Steeler fan who got in my face, pointing his finger right at my nose, mere millimeteres away and swearing and cussing, while I was psuhing my two little boys in the shopping cart! Thankfully, my husband came round the corner from a different aisle, wearing his Pats cap, I was in my jersey, and the Steeler fan scuttled away.

ahahah....classy.

it's pretty much like that on the net, too.
all the little people w/the big mouths talking **** about new england then trying to pass it off like new england fans are the problem.
some people are really just straight up jerkoffs.
thank christ I was born where I was.

that steeler fan sounds like he might've had 'roid rage -- you should be careful.

Wow, sounds like he still hasn't gotten over those two agonizing Heinz field Patriot playoff victories during AFCCG Sunday in front of the black and gold brigade, right on their homefield. No wonder he's still ticked off, I don't blame him for going ballistic as soon as he sees the Patriot logo.

What's the difference between God Brady and all other starting QBs?

Rings

Comeback to "18 & 1" taunts - Have any??

"Thank You" would be my response to every other team that failed to win the Super Bowl like we did.

As far as the Giants taunting - well, they did win.

What was your teams record?

How many times did your team beat the Patriots this season?

I live in Los Angeles I can relate. Most of the comments relate to choking. What I do is ask them to name another team that has gone 18-1. I haven't gotten an answer yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back