PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Come play a free Football MMO/Simulator

Oops, here's the link of my team:

goallineblitz.com/game/team.pl?team_id=1855

Hey Folks, long time browser and first time poster. I've been a fan of the Pats since 1982 and have been reading these forums for about four years and I have finally decided to join.

I've been playing this game since April and just bought a team last season. We were successful and made the playoffs. We have made major upgrades during the offseason and have won our first two games against opponents who beat us last year. I purchased a AA#4 team called the Niagra Patriots... actually made a trade with Tobias of which I gave a referral credit when joining Patsfans.com today.

I need some help! I've got some inactives that are going to start hurting my team soon and they need to be replaced. Everyone here knows how difficult recruiting is... so.... Does anyone have a level 15+ FS, C, WR, FB, LB or WR that would like to join a good team with a very active owner with an active forum? Here's a link to the team, check it out! Thanks guys!

I actually joined this game in April because I saw this thread that only had about 15 posts! Somebody got 50 FP's because of me :)

Thank you!

Tax

Your team link didn't come through - here you go: http://goallineblitz.com/game/team.pl?team_id=1855

I can't post a link until 30 posts so I just left out the http stuff thinking that people would figure it out.

d%#*!@t, I have a level 18 FS that was looking for a team, but just signed a contract yesterday. If I'd seen your post a day ago, I would have signed him with you. If you still need a FS a season from now, though, I'll be happy to sign on with you.

Damn, I really could of used him. Do you know of anyone else here who has a higher level player that he would like to find a nice home for? Recruiting really sucks right now... I'm not sure they should of released more teams during this offseason :confused:

Damn, I really could of used him. Do you know of anyone else here who has a higher level player that he would like to find a nice home for? Recruiting really sucks right now... I'm not sure they should of released more teams during this offseason :confused:

Yeah, it's ridiculous, my safety got a guy who wanted to trade for me asking me to verbally commit to re-signing after the trade. Just to see how high he might go, I pretended I was interested, and I got him up to $160K for one season, which is just ridiculous.

My CB is going to be hitting lvl 7 here probably after next game. When should I start investing in special abilities? I need to up his tackling first, but dont want to be too far behind the 8ball.

Stats:

Strength: 16.25 Blocking: 9
Speed: 28.66 Tackling: 14.25
Agility: 19.66 Throwing: 9
Jumping: 17.66 Catching: 16.09
Stamina: 22.58 Carrying: 11.25
Vision: 20.66 Kicking: 8
Confidence: 15 Punting: 8

Special abilities won't do you much good if you are chasing WR's after the first few steps, and with 28 speed that is exactly what will happen. Get that speed up into the 40's, then work on agility and vision... tackling only needs to be in the 20's.... hope that helps.

Yeah everything I've read indicates you should pretty much focus on the primary stats until you get them to 48 then start investing in special abilities.

Also, don't worry about tackling. 20 points in it for a CB is plenty.

So are we the Bandits' kryptonite or what?

Haha, I think we are. I'm glad Vernon had his first big game of the season.

I'm also happy that I was able to limit the TE to 2 catches, with a big deflection in the red zone on 3rd down to help hold them to a FG instead of tying the game.

We shut down the ******* **** out of their running game, huh.

Also, Brandon Weather really needs to be set on Wrap-Up if he is not. Or something.

I'm also happy that I was able to limit the TE to 2 catches, with a big deflection in the red zone on 3rd down to help hold them to a FG instead of tying the game.

Yeah, with almost zero production from Tank, no less (0 tackles, 1 hurry). I guess it's a staple of a good defense that any single player on our defense can not show up and we still dominate.

Nobody can hold Welker/Steamer from making catches! :rocker:

Heh, another win, yes!

And Fiddlers Green gets his 1st INT - not bad for 6 plays total!

Yeah, with almost zero production from Tank, no less (0 tackles, 1 hurry). I guess it's a staple of a good defense that any single player on our defense can not show up and we still dominate.

Tank must be taking all the doubles allowing Pio to get his stats (3 tackles, 1 hurry in each of the last 2 games). Pio does have both DT metrics (Pass Rush, Tackling) in "green" though so I must be doing something right with his build.

Tank must be taking all the doubles allowing Pio to get his stats (3 tackles, 1 hurry in each of the last 2 games). Pio does have both DT metrics (Pass Rush, Tackling) in "green" though so I must be doing something right with his build.

Yeah, lineman builds are great because they're super easy. That's why the top threats for pretty much every team are always offensive linemen and defensive linemen. Our top 5 has 2 OL and 3 DL. Just dump everything into STR, AGI, Speed, and STA, and fill out one of the special ability trees, and you're set. I'm not really sure what the deal is with the two bars though- Tank has his pass rushing in green and he's not even specced as a pass rusher. R.B. has both still in yellow but he's the #2 team threat anyways. Makes no sense to me.

Yeah everything I've read indicates you should pretty much focus on the primary stats until you get them to 48 then start investing in special abilities.

OR, he could work to get one SA tree to read 2-2-2-2-2. When he upgrades his special equipment at level 8, that upgrade will be worth the equivalent of 12 SPs, rather than 6. That upgrade is worth 2 lvls, not one.

Then, he can go back to upping basic attributes. 48 will still be waiting, at a fraction of the cost of trying to get his SAs to 3 later on.

Jus' sayin'.

Yeah, that was huge. They really didn't do much against our D and we had plenty of big plays on O. It was actually a pretty smooth game. I'm surprised those guys are struggling so much.

Say, my boy Slay got some of his homies to shoot a video to fire up the team. Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxRPFHubRyk

(Ok, it's not Slay's homies, and it doesn't have football, but it's my friends and it's hilarious so check it out anyway :p)

Last edited:

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back