PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Come play a free Football MMO/Simulator

Damn, we lost 17-3.

And the worst part of it is that we outgained them by 120 yards, we just couldn't finish the job.

I didn't expect us to win, but I think we put up a pretty decent showing against a team that is probably going to destroy most of this league. It's just a shame that had a few plays gone differently, we might have been able to win.

They only scored 10 points offensively to our 3, and 7 of their points came from an INT TD return when we were in their red zone that would have set us up to tie the game otherwise (ouch).

So basically, we did a good job today in everything except getting lucky, IMO.

Plays like this make no sense to me:

http://goallineblitz.com/game/replay.pl?pbp_id=5759576

I mean what the hell.

Yeah, look at the path that Pietro takes to the ball, even. It's a pretty serious bug, that players have no regard for where the end zone is when they go for the tackle.

Rough game, all in all, but we can bounce back from it. I'm a bit worried at how they shut down our offense, but we'll work out the kinks. I have a feeling, though, that having a bunch of 15-16s on the offensive line might become a major problem for us. Shouldn't hurt us in the next game, though- Auckland's D-Line is terrible.

Last edited:
Damn, we lost 17-3.

And the worst part of it is that we outgained them by 120 yards, we just couldn't finish the job.

I didn't expect us to win, but I think we put up a pretty decent showing against a team that is probably going to destroy most of this league. It's just a shame that had a few plays gone differently, we might have been able to win.

They only scored 10 points offensively to our 3, and 7 of their points came from an INT TD return when we were in their red zone that would have set us up to tie the game otherwise (ouch).

Who is that team, and why do we expect them to be so good? Their LG did a nice job on Pio today sorry to say, there were a few plays where he locked him up 1 on 1 which is almost unheard of for the big Samoan.

Who is that team, and why do we expect them to be so good?

It's one person, who owns every single player, and almost all of them at the same time. Every other player has a green bar in their main ability. He has the ability to make sure every single player has tactics set correctly, complements each other, and can set gameplans accordingly.

It's a huge advantage over teams of lots of random players and levels who may not all have the best builds or all set their advanced tactics correctly, etc.

It's probably why he destroyed AAA last season.

It's one person, who owns every single player, and almost all of them at the same time. Every other player has a green bar in their main ability. He has the ability to make sure every single player has tactics set correctly, complements each other, and can set gameplans accordingly.

It's a huge advantage over teams of lots of random players and levels who may not all have the best builds or all set their advanced tactics correctly, etc.

Wow, are you kidding? Pretty masturbatory playing with yourself all the time.

Wowsers. Looks like someone bought the "Hall Of Fame" Flex Points Package. Who doesn't have a grand to blow on MMORPG...?

Any reason that our 2 level 7 CB's (mine being one of them) got more snaps, or the same snaps as College Cason, a level 18 CB? It would seem he should be getting all the CB3 snaps, and backing up CB1 and CB2 - I'd hope that our level 7 CB's are only put in when either desperate for stamina, or we're up by a big margin?

Is there a way to tweak this, other than removing them from the depth chart? It didn't hurt us too bad this game (just this one play: http://goallineblitz.com/game/replay.pl?pbp_id=5757153) but it may come back to haunt us in the future....

How the heck do we outgain them by over 100 yards and lose by 2 touchdowns? It just doesn't make any sense.

Damn, we lost 17-3.

That 90-something yard interception return for TD by them was a back breaker. Our D held their O in check for the most part.

They got the pressure on the QB on that play and the ball was thrown right to the corner, so there's not much you can do about that one.

Last edited:
Just leveled up my CB to level 5. How should I spend my 15 SP?

here's the build currently:

Strength: 15 Blocking: 9
Speed: 18.33 Tackling: 14
Agility: 15.33 Throwing: 9
Jumping: 17.33 Catching: 15.33
Stamina: 15.25 Carrying: 11
Vision: 16.33 Kicking: 8
Confidence: 14 Punting: 8

with Strength, speed, agility, and stamina all leveled +1 with equipment. Also I've got extra FP for custom equipment.

Opinions?

BTW, my team forum is dead, that's why I'm asking here.

Also I'm on a CPU team, with the starting CBs are level 4 & 3, will I automatically be bumped to starter?

Can Kevin Eckel get some special teams reps? I'm not able to build much XP when I get in for 5 plays. If you can it would be greatly appreciated.

Damn damn damn! Ah, well, we lost the first one last year too and went on to win 14 straight after that. I have a feeling we'll be seeing this person/team again in the playoffs if we make it far enough. The advantages Tobias pointed out are HUGE. I mean, he beat us by more than the combined score of all our 3 losses last year. We have a great team and this guy just trumped us by 2 TDs, even if we did outgain him. Hopefully it was a fluke and we'll own him shall we meet again.

Just leveled up my CB to level 5. How should I spend my 15 SP?

here's the build currently:

Strength: 15 Blocking: 9
Speed: 18.33 Tackling: 14
Agility: 15.33 Throwing: 9
Jumping: 17.33 Catching: 15.33
Stamina: 15.25 Carrying: 11
Vision: 16.33 Kicking: 8
Confidence: 14 Punting: 8

with Strength, speed, agility, and stamina all leveled +1 with equipment. Also I've got extra FP for custom equipment.

Opinions?

First things you need to do are probably pump up your speed and agility. That's your bread and butter. I also invest a lot into stamina, but others don't, and they do fine. It's also not a bad idea to start training a skill like catching now, but don't put any level up points into it. Over time, you can develop the skill pretty well. Jumping is another good candidate for this, as it gives you more opportunities to defend passes and get interceptions when you might otherwise get beaten. For now, the skill trees aren't a big deal- they don't do much unless the underlying skills are developed out. Eventually, it might be a good idea to invest in sticky hands (I put a couple points in there a while back, and I've intercepted at least one pass in every game since).

And yes, on a computer team, the lineups automatically switch at the end of every day. I'm not sure if starters are determined by level or primary skill, but either way you should get the job.

Can Kevin Eckel get some special teams reps? I'm not able to build much XP when I get in for 5 plays. If you can it would be greatly appreciated.

Put you in on ST.

Any reason that our 2 level 7 CB's (mine being one of them) got more snaps, or the same snaps as College Cason, a level 18 CB? It would seem he should be getting all the CB3 snaps, and backing up CB1 and CB2 - I'd hope that our level 7 CB's are only put in when either desperate for stamina, or we're up by a big margin?

Is there a way to tweak this, other than removing them from the depth chart? It didn't hurt us too bad this game (just this one play: http://goallineblitz.com/game/replay.pl?pbp_id=5757153) but it may come back to haunt us in the future....

Yeah, that's my bad actually. Back when we only had 3 CBs, I set for us to sub out at 90 energy, to ensure that the 3 of us got an even number of plays, so we were all able to pull ST duty as well. Now that the depth chart goes 6 deep, though, it looks like Cason burns most of his energy on ST, comes in for a snap or two, then is already below the threshold. As a result, the sub pattern moves right on down to the level 7s, whereas it used to just bring Vernon or Pietro back in. Tinkering with it now.

After 2.5 months we've been moved off the main board. There goes our traffic. The next biggest thread on the first page of this forum has 22 posts.

And I hate fantasy football. :enranged:

Damn, just had to bookmark this thread now.

Last edited:

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back