PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Come play a free Football MMO/Simulator

Yeah you're right but I wasn't sure what to do. We only have 3 human LBs and I don't want them using their energy on special teams plays and I don't want to give those snaps to CPU or non patsfans.com players.

So I put in DBs, FBs and TEs. I'm open to any suggestions anyone has, though. I don't think we want to put offensive or defensive lineman on the KR team.

Don't worry about putting Slay on special teams. He goes into every game with over 90 energy. And his lack of snaps is really hurting his development-- he's beginning to fall so far behind the other defensive starters that right now he looks out of place in that defense.

I think he'd do well on the kickoff and punt coverage units, to take advantage of his speed/tackling combo. That would amount to about 8-10 more plays per game, which would close the gap a little bit between his playing time and that of the rest of the starters. Up to you.

Last edited:
Anyway I could get a little help makin my boy Chris Boynkins better? Team has priviledges to view all the stats. I think he's a J-Pep freakish athlete with 27 strength and 22 speed. Isn't a horrid tackler at 20 for a level 5, correct? Any input, my esteemed teamates?

I think you're doing well with the stat allocation. I have a lvl 7 DE who's doing relatively well on our (Krazy Koz's) team in USA BBB (4 sacks in 6 games). Agility is my current focus, and I think it's probably one of the best stats to have as a pass rushing DE, along with strength and tackling. I also have about 21 speed, which I think is a little high for a DE, so I'm going to leave it there for the next few levels. I've got 4 points into each of 1st step and shed blocker talents, I've been happy with the results. I'd rather shed blockers than get "wall" points as a quick DE with good agility and tackling... makes outside runs to your side TFL's. For what it's worth, my tackling is about 27 and I've played to wrap up mostly, and have missed only 1 tackle so far.

Thats exactly what I saw. I've been on 'Wrap up' all season, then this game I went to 'Balanced' - and whiffed on three tackles. Haven't missed a tackle before this last game, so back to 'Wrap up' I go...

Yup. Wrap up tackle is the way to go for defenders. It's much more important not to whiff on the tackle and let the guy escape for a longer game, and possibly a TD.

BTW I just checked our ranking on run D. We have the #1 run D in the league, and we have allowed ZERO rushing touchdowns through 14 games. That's pretty amazing.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/team_stats.pl?league_id=17&conference_id=0&stat=rushing&playoffs=0

BTW, it would help if I could get some referrals to flex up before the playoffs start. I'm still sitting at my original 100 unspent flex points, and as a 'glamour position', I need 300 total flex points to buy another level. Here's my link.

http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=3267948

Last edited:
I jus created a wide receiver named Ian Welsh. Can I still join up with your New England team?

Don't worry about putting Slay on special teams. He goes into every game with over 90 energy. And his lack of snaps is really hurting his development-- he's beginning to fall so far behind the other defensive starters that right now he looks out of place in that defense.

I think he'd do well on the kickoff and punt coverage units, to take advantage of his speed/tackling combo. That would amount to about 8-10 more plays per game, which would close the gap a little bit between his playing time and that of the rest of the starters. Up to you.

Have you leveled up with flex points? You're the starting LOLB I'm not sure why you aren't getting the same number of snaps unless he's consistently getting screwed by nickel/dime defenses which I have no control over.

Everyone with like 6 or more levels has leveled up with flex points.

What is Slay's energy like at the end of a typical game? Is it above 70?

I jus created a wide receiver named Ian Welsh. Can I still join up with your New England team?

Sent an offer boi.

Ugh...

I read something interesting on another board I wanted to try this week but the #2 team in our conference is the only team to have beaten us (back when it was CPU controlled and mostly CPU players mind you) so we can't afford to try wacky stuff.

However next season I'm definitely gonna try this. Basically it appears that the most energy you can lose in a game is 30, which means 2 days of relaxed training and you are back at 100.

What some other people are doing to max out XP at positions where they only have CPU backups is to put no backups on the depth chart so those human players get all the reps.

Positions like DL and LB where we have zero human player depth from this site would be ripe for such a situation and those players would get a big XP boost from playing 60+ snaps a game, most likely.

Unfortunately I don't want to get cute and cost us our seeding so we're just gonna go with what we got going that works for now. But next season we should try it.

Have you leveled up with flex points? You're the starting LOLB I'm not sure why you aren't getting the same number of snaps unless he's consistently getting screwed by nickel/dime defenses which I have no control over.

Everyone with like 6 or more levels has leveled up with flex points.

What is Slay's energy like at the end of a typical game? Is it above 70?

At the end of a typical game he is in mid 80s energy. So it shouldn't be a problem to put him in kickoffs and punt coverage. It would be a way to make up for the 20 snaps he's missing in nickel and dime.

I'm doing fine on energy as well so feel free to put AD Train on special teams too. But if other players need the reps more they can have em.

Last edited:
New L2 TE Pat McCooter (cjcartin) available for anyone with opening

Ugh...

I read something interesting on another board I wanted to try this week but the #2 team in our conference is the only team to have beaten us (back when it was CPU controlled and mostly CPU players mind you) so we can't afford to try wacky stuff.

However next season I'm definitely gonna try this. Basically it appears that the most energy you can lose in a game is 30, which means 2 days of relaxed training and you are back at 100.

What some other people are doing to max out XP at positions where they only have CPU backups is to put no backups on the depth chart so those human players get all the reps.

Positions like DL and LB where we have zero human player depth from this site would be ripe for such a situation and those players would get a big XP boost from playing 60+ snaps a game, most likely.

Unfortunately I don't want to get cute and cost us our seeding so we're just gonna go with what we got going that works for now. But next season we should try it.

Very interesting. It'll be interesting to see if the developers change this, also. I'm already getting 55+ snaps a game though. Maybe put some of the guys getting less snaps on ST to up their XP faster?

Very interesting. It'll be interesting to see if the developers change this, also. I'm already getting 55+ snaps a game though. Maybe put some of the guys getting less snaps on ST to up their XP faster?

yea, but the effectiveness of the player in that game would probably decline substantially....

so who knows?

ps. inst the second rank team the one we beat like 4 games back? i think melbourne?

yea, but the effectiveness of the player in that game would probably decline substantially....

That would worry me too. It's all and good to get those players more xp/pt, but it could be detrimental to the team if they are running around gassed. And their performance likely will be even worse in the second half. I think the idea of giving players extra reps through special teams is a better way of giving extra xp.

so who knows?

The guy who told me about this has a DE who was in on 72 plays and had 19 tackles and a sack and was only down 30 energy by the end of the game. Hence full strength by the next game at relaxed training.

Still I'm not wanting to risk our seeding to try it.

ps. inst the second rank team the one we beat like 4 games back? i think melbourne?

Melbourne was #1 but the team who is #2 right now beat us before I bought the team so we can't be screwing around in this last stretch.

Melbourne was #1 but the team who is #2 right now beat us before I bought the team so we can't be screwing around in this last stretch.

I agree. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Let's keep our winning streak going!

Can we get an offer out to:

User: Totore
Player: Hector Perez

I have no clue who that is but he used my referral :rocker: Now I just need him to actually do something for the referral to count...

Hey... can we please us the Goal Line Blitz message board ? Our team has one. I know our GM loves getting more hits on his referral link, but still....

This way we keep the Pats stuff here & the goal line blitz stuff there.

It's no fun finding out you guys want some team strategy changed when it's posted on this site.

Anyone looking for a FB or a SS, add me!

user: lampshade77
FB Ed Kenkle
SS Damo Cason

The guy who told me about this has a DE who was in on 72 plays and had 19 tackles and a sack and was only down 30 energy by the end of the game. Hence full strength by the next game at relaxed training.

thats good....if he got 19 tackels and a sack it means he was doing very well the whole game...

i was thinking that they play like 80 plus snaps, and only drop 30 energy, but by the end of the game they dont get any tackels or do anything positive in the game....

but that may not be the case

Hey... can we please us the Goal Line Blitz message board ? Our team has one. I know our GM loves getting more hits on his referral link, but still....

Actually I don't. I wish I could just edit in the OP because I don't get anything for referrals now that I hit the max referral count and even if I did I'd much prefer to share the wealth. Back on like page 2 I was trying to put in other people's referral links.

This way we keep the Pats stuff here & the goal line blitz stuff there.

It's no fun finding out you guys want some team strategy changed when it's posted on this site.

Unless the mods say we have to or a bunch of people request it I'd rather stick with this site than the GLB forums for now because I'm positive that more people on the team read this site than the team forums.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back