PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts fan: How come we can't win!!!! Waah ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikey

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
http://www2.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138888

I'm so tired of it, what else do we need to do. I mean christ we had 8 Pro Bowlers this year and we couldn't even win 1 playoff game. I know the QB can't win it alone but we all know the QB gets all the glory when he wins and gets all the ****e when he doesn't. However I don't see anywhere how Peyton will get this monkey off his back. How much more talent does he need around him? Did the Patriots ever have 8 Pro Bowlers when they won it all? We have a Pro Bowl(PB_ QB, a PB WR & RB to go along with 2 PB OL. How do we not win it all? I can't take it anymore. Has Brady ever had an OL go to the ProBowl? Branch ever make it?

How come we can't win!!!!!!!

wow

mikey said:

I'm so tired of it, what else do we need to do. I mean christ we had 8 Pro Bowlers this year and we couldn't even win 1 playoff game. I know the QB can't win it alone but we all know the QB gets all the glory when he wins and gets all the ****e when he doesn't. However I don't see anywhere how Peyton will get this monkey off his back. How much more talent does he need around him? Did the Patriots ever have 8 Pro Bowlers when they won it all? We have a Pro Bowl(PB_ QB, a PB WR & RB to go along with 2 PB OL. How do we not win it all? I can't take it anymore. Has Brady ever had an OL go to the ProBowl? Branch ever make it?

:rofl: these guys are hillarious! They don't get the fact that pro-bowlers don't win superbowls! They keep ball-washing peyton and absolving him of any wrongdoing! We will enjoy watching the dolts in peytons superbo errr the probowl next year!

If I wanted to read Colts fans' posts I'd go to their forum.

re

As Celtics player Don Nelson told the Boston Herald, "There are two types of superstars. One makes himself look good at the expense of the other guys on the floor. But there's another type who makes the players around him look better than they are, and that's the type Bill Russell was."

Thought that was an appropriate quote regarding Manning and Tom.

mikey said:

I followed your link over there to Indy Star. Quite a lot of Colts fans are blaming Peyton, Dungy secondarily. They are facing reality. Probably not enough fan pressure like in a New York or a Philadelphia to matter much. Then again, didn't do much good in those places either.

Trade Pay-me-a-ton to Houston and get Reggie Bush and go with Sorgi.

mtbykr said:
:rofl: these guys are hillarious! They don't get the fact that pro-bowlers don't win superbowls!!
Well, if fairness, there are a lot of Pats fans that think the best team is the one with the best individual players

A good team is not the same as a collection of good players. It is how they fit together that is more important. Talent is important, of course, but how (or even if) that talent matches the other team players is equally important.

In football, as in life, the whole is more (or less) than the sum of its parts.

Hey at least the fans are finally waking up and asking these sort of questions... scratching their heads that the "whole" of other teams is better than the sum of the parts of theirs - even if they do take pride in sending players off to a pointless Pro Bowl.

I never really bought into the notion that BB and the Patriots would "get into the heads" of the Colts players. It seemed to me that many on the team - including the coach, kicker, QB and RBs - always seemed to falter in the big pressure games.

I don't dislike Dungy, but I think it starts with him, and until they get a new coach who can motivate the team to forget about the past and get the big game monkey off their back, they will continue to disappoint in the post-season.

And the media will be the last to understand the thoughts in this thread! Just today some guest football expert on ESPN radio (didn't catch who) was asked to predict next year's Super Bowl teams, and for the AFC he said..............................

Did you ever doubt it? The Colts of course! Just weird is what that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News