PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts-Bears is second most-watched game ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanTheColtsFan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I cant find the thread where people here last week were saying nobody gave a crap about this game.

Better than 93 million viewers watched Super Bowl XLI on CBS Sunday, making it the second most-watched telecast in the game's history.

The game between the Indianapolis Colts and Chicago Bears drew an average audience of 93.15 million viewers, according to preliminary numbers from Nielsen (final figures will be released Tuesday). That's a significant jump from the morning's fast nationals, which indicated this year's ratings might fail to reach last year's 90.7 million viewers.

Well whoopty-friggin-doo :rolleyes:

The first half was entertaining but the 2nd half was so boring I fell asleep before the 4th quarter even started. Good thing too, I think I would have hurled if I saw the Peyton holding the Lombardi :mad:

Hey ***clown (or maybe I should refer to you by your other nickname, douchebag), millions of people treat the Super Bowl as a day to get together with friends, eat, drink, chit chat and all that.

How many of them do you actually think WATCHED that pitiful excuse of a game, a game that with 12 minutes left was STILL I DOUBT despite your fycking dolts dominating both sides of the ball. Who really gives two $hits how many people watched it, what is your fycking point you pimple on the ***** of humanity, that the whole country wanted to see Gump win his first Super Bowl?

He finally won and you get to gloat for a couple of weeks, hooray for you douchebag.

If the Patriots were there, no one would watched it. I know I didn't when they played the Eagles in the last Super Bowl. If the Patriots played the Bears, it would be Super Bore. I rather watch paint dry at my house than watch the Pats.

If the Patriots were there, i would watch it. I know I didn't when they played the Eagles because i was locked up .if it isn't obvious by now I'm a real **** head who wishes i lived in such a great sports town like boston.i hate living in jersey its such a freaking **** hole .
:rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

I cant find the thread where people here last week were saying nobody gave a crap about this game.

I think most people meant nobody from NE gave a crap about this game, which is pretty true.

While I'm sure you enjoyed it because your team won I found the game pretty boring. The first half was OK but so many mistakes and part of that can be written off to the rain but the second half was awful. It wasn't as bad as the Ravens/Giants which was the worst SB of this decade or the TB/Oak game which also sucked but it wasn't as good as any of the Pats SBs or even the Pitt/Sea game from last year.

Do you think any of us here give two $hits what you think IAMANJDOUCHEBAG; if you were painting, you wouldn't know what end of the brush to stick into the paint you ******.

Everlong,
Ryan the ballbag meant someone on this forum claimed noone around the country gave a rats' ***** about this game, and naturally he decides to point out that was not true because in the world he lives in, the country is in love with the Colts, a real feel good story in his warped mind.

Bet he was the first douchebag in line at the local Bob's store in Rhode Island to buy all his Colts Championship gear, which he will now wear around town to bust balls about it. He hung around here for four years and continually got his ***** handed to him as the Patriots kept smoking the Colts in the playoffs, now he gets to gloat.

I love how people are falling all over the Colts OC hailing him as some play calling genius, this is the same tool who brought a team into Foxboro two years ago that most felt would blow the Patriots off the field without Ty Law and they scored a grand total of THREE points, now he is a friggin genius, go figure......................

Hey ***clown (or maybe I should refer to you by your other nickname, douchebag), millions of people treat the Super Bowl as a day to get together with friends, eat, drink, chit chat and all that.

How many of them do you actually think WATCHED that pitiful excuse of a game, a game that with 12 minutes left was STILL I DOUBT despite your fycking dolts dominating both sides of the ball. Who really gives two $hits how many people watched it, what is your fycking point you pimple on the ***** of humanity, that the whole country wanted to see Gump win his first Super Bowl?

He finally won and you get to gloat for a couple of weeks, hooray for you douchebag.

dude why are you holding back, just tell us how you really feel:D

And about 91 million viewers angrily realized they had just completely wasted a Sunday night.

And about 91 million viewers angrily realized they had just completely wasted a Sunday night.

why? Most got what they wanted, the Colts winning the Superbowl, so I doubt too many were disappointed..

How do you figure most got what they wanted in the Dolts winning the game?

Aside from you being a Colts fan, lets here your brilliant list of reasons why. And please dude, don't tell us the country wanted to see your QB finally win a SB, as 90% of the people I talked to around the country wanted the Bears to win the game, not the Colts. A couple of friends of mine who went to the game (lucky them, sitting in a monsoon to watch that crap) said the Bears fans outnumbered the Colts fans by almost two and a half to one. Notice how empty the stadium was at the end...........

why? Most got what they wanted, the Colts winning the Superbowl, so I doubt too many were disappointed..
Well usually people around the world either tune in to see the commercials or an exciting football game not to see Hillbilly Manning win the big one. They barely got any good commercials or got a mildly exciting game after the first quarter.

How do you figure most got what they wanted in the Dolts winning the game?

Aside from you being a Colts fan, lets here your brilliant list of reasons why. And please dude, don't tell us the country wanted to see your QB finally win a SB, as 90% of the people I talked to around the country wanted the Bears to win the game, not the Colts. A couple of friends of mine who went to the game (lucky them, sitting in a monsoon to watch that crap) said the Bears fans outnumbered the Colts fans by almost two and a half to one. Notice how empty the stadium was at the end...........

and exactly how many people was that? 5 or 10? so your going to base talking to 5 or 10 people that you think 90% of country wanted to see the Bears win? give me a freaking break, I can see how the game would be boring to other fans other then Bears and Colts fans, sorry we couldn't keep the game close enough for you to keep it exciting...and yes alot of people did want to see Manning finally win a Superbowl, I know thats hard for you to understand being a Pats fan but thats just the way it is...same reason alot of people wanted to see the Pats and Brady win the Superbowl in 2001 including me...I seen the Pats suffer alot of crappy seasons and I was happy to see them win it all in 2001 or whatever year it was, now im sure if the Colts go very far next year not as many people will want to see them win, because it gets boring seeing the same teams win over and over. Bears might have outnumbered the colts 2.5/1 but you do know the size of Chicago compared to Indianapolis? That right their should tell you why the Colts fans would be outnumbered at the game..

Well usually people around the world either tune in to see the commercials or an exciting football game not to see Hillbilly Manning win the big one. They barely got any good commercials or got a mildly exciting game after the first quarter.

oh the ol Hillbilly jokes.....lol well that Hillbilly kicked your ass in the AFCCG, I would be ashamed if my team got beat by a hillbilly...:D

oh the ol Hillbilly jokes.....lol well that Hillbilly kicked your ass in the AFCCG, I would be ashamed if my team got beat by a hillbilly...:D
Hillbilly was lousy all playoffs. His team had to save him multiple times from choking their way out of the playoffs.

Hillbilly was lousy all playoffs. His team had to save him multiple times from choking their way out of the playoffs.[/QUOTE

Kind of like Adam V bailed out the Pats quite a few times, we don't even have a great defense and managed to win it all....

for the record why do you think we care if Manning didn't play his best in the Playoffs? I don't care who had to step up the only thing that matters is the scoreboard...

Hillbilly was lousy all playoffs. His team had to save him multiple times from choking their way out of the playoffs.[/QUOTE

Kind of like Adam V bailed out the Pats quite a few times, we don't even have a great defense and managed to win it all....

for the record why do you think we care if Manning didn't play his best in the Playoffs? I don't care who had to step up the only thing that matters is the scoreboard...
Yeah your defense does suck but you played some crap offenses too. The only good offense you faced was the Patriots and we put up 34 points.

Yeah your defense does suck but you played some crap offenses too. The only good offense you faced was the Patriots and we put up 34 points.

I didn't come here to get into pissing matches with Pats fans because I have alot of friends on indystar.com that are pats fans and for the most part we keep it civil, and we respect each others teams, doesn't mean we have to like each others teams but their is a mutual respect there.. I know Manning didn't play great in the Playoffs everybody should recognise that, we just had some great team play...I still say Rhodes and Addai should have been co MVP's in the superbowl.. I have no idea what the hell got into our defense, but they did just enough to win...

So many points to address, where to start.

Five or ten people; nope, I own a business with a customer base of well over 1,000 clients and I chatted back and forth both via phone and email with about two thirds of them as most of them know I am a diehard Patriots fan. I could count on one hand the number who were pulling for the Colts.

Fact of the matter is despite what you think as a Colts fan, your QB is viewed as a whiny baby; how many shots over the years have we seen of his two hands to the helmet, eye roll after a bad play. Your GM, despite his track record in Buffalo and Carolina, is viewed as a complete horses behind (how ironic that he is the COLTS GM), someone who openly roots for his team in the press box (a no no in the NFL), bullies people and *****ed to the NFL to get rules changed to favor his team.

Unlike the Patriots of 2001, who were huge underdogs but a feel good story, your team was heavily favored, not much of a feel good story to be honest.

Your comment about Chicago being bigger than Indy; what does that have to do with anything. Do you think all the fans come from the city the team plays in. The Bears have a much bigger fan base around the country; when we played the Packers in the Super Bowl, Boston is MUCH larger than Green Bay, but there were far more Packers fans at the game than Patriots fans. So you are all wet with that arguement.

Finally, your comment that Manning kicked the Patriots ***** in the AFCCG; control yourself dude, ok. He played like horse**** for the first half, came out smoking in the third quarter and had the Patriots been able to convert on a third and four, ballgame, so don't get carried away.

Enjoy your win and come next September, it means squat. Every Patriots fan who keeps harping on "WE won three out of four"; that was two years ago, a lifetime in the NFL. Holds as much water as Yankee fans talking about 26 World Championships, Celtics fans talking about 16 Championships; it means SQUAT right here, right now................

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes