Pats-Bears got the highest NFL TV ratings this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamo

praedica numerum!
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Apparently America still wants to watch the Patriots. Blurb From BSMW:

* Sunday's Patriots game brought FOX some great national numbers. From the network's release:

Sunday’s (11/26/06) NFL on FOX presentation, featuring a potential Super Bowl preview between the NFC-leading Chicago Bears and perennial AFC power New England Patriots, posted an astounding 15.4/28 (24.1 million viewers) national rating/share, according to Nielsen Media Research figures released today. The 15.4/28 posted by Sunday’s NFL on FOX National Game ranks as the highest-rated and most-watched NFL telecast on any network this season. Sunday’s broadcast is FOX Sports’ highest-rated NFL regular season game since Week 17 of 2002 (15.6/30) and stands as the highest-rated sporting event on all of television since the most recent Olympic Games.

For the week, FOX Sports’ National Game was the top-rated and most-watched program in all dayparts across all key male and adult demos, including: M18-34 (10.5); M18-49 (12.4), M25-54 13.7); and A18-49 (9.0).​

Locally, the numbers were even more impressive. FOX25 garnered a 34.6 rating / 58 share.

Rightfully so, it was a game for the ages... I am sure some lukewarm NFL fans, got a fire lit under them after that one.

I also helps that it was a real thin slate on Sunday afternoon. You figure 3 games on Thursday, 1 on Sunday night, 1 on Monday night. It was still an entertaining game even though people called it ugly.

I guess NBC is pissed that they didn't choose this game as their Sunday Night Game! Haha, too bad for them.

I guess I underestimated the national lure of a Pats/Bears matchup in the wake of a Superbowl that was played a million years ago, it seems.

I'm glad we still have national appeal.:)

It was a great entertaining game. Plenty of thrills. 9 combined turnovers,
long Bombs, Tom's run :) People who tuned in got a great game to watch.

Yeah it was definitely a great game and it was close too. I think people tune out blowouts after a while. If I see a team is up by 21 at the half usually I know how it's gonna turn out. Not to mention its the Bears and the Pats. Come on! Great defensive game. Lots of turnovers. The offenses didn't shine but there were moments there. Like Gosts long kick at the half and Brady juking Urlacher. That moment was PRICELESS!!

I guess NBC is pissed that they didn't choose this game as their Sunday Night Game! Haha, too bad for them.

I'd wager FOX used one of their five protections on Pats-Bears.

I couldnt get this game Sunday ,had to work,but I have the NFL network and will see the replay of the game,just want to make sure I see Brady's run where he shakes Urlacher,when was it,late third or early fourth quarter?

I couldnt get this game Sunday ,had to work,but I have the NFL network and will see the replay of the game,just want to make sure I see Brady's run where he shakes Urlacher,when was it,late third or early fourth quarter?

Early fourth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey