Welcome to PatsFans.com

NFL viewership set many records this season

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by thenepatsrule, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thenepatsrule

thenepatsrule Rookie

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

not sure if this has been posted before, i thought this would be a nice change from all the JETS trash talk threads,
    i have stopped watching/listening to sports shows for a couple of days now,it seems any channel you watch/listen to has nothing but jets and pats to talk about,A TOURIST to this country may thing the superbowl is a few weeks early, nobody anywhere wants to talk about any other game...the more i listen/read about the JETS being classless the more restless i get for the game, i dont think i have ever waited for a game as much as this one (well maybe the 2007 SB)

Five years ago, none of the top 15 most-watched shows were NFL games

Code:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/01/13/nfl-2010-tv-recap-most-viewed-season-ever/78564

Code:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/11/nfl-with-175-million-tv-viewers-2010-is-most-watched-season-in-history/1

2. JSn

JSn Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

I wonder if there's an interesting philosophical or sociological reason for the shift, rather than just marketing. Be an interesting discussion, but maybe for a different part of the forum.
  3. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +76 / 4 / -0

Interesting thought - though I would tend to think it ends up being much simpler: football provides the best quality of product of all the major sports right now. And by a wide margin.

Every once in a while - and its not often :D - the viewing public gets one right. Football is the most entertaining sport, and the NFL is the best sports business.
  4. terabthia2

terabthia2 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hmmmm...could it maybe be that most regular TV shows suck nowadays? :rolleyes:
  5. pheenix11

pheenix11 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Have you seen the crap on TV lately?
  6. JSn

JSn Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

Nope. I only watch movies and football. Maybe that's my answer, lol.
  7. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

TV shows suck, and no other major sport has all of the local team's games over-the-air. I'd probably watch more Celtics if I didn't have to pay $100 a month for the privilege (no need for cable otherwise). It's the perfect storm for football.

Though with how much the NFL charges the 3 networks to show their games, they better have this kind of viewership.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.