Welcome to PatsFans.com

NFL viewership set many records this season

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by thenepatsrule, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thenepatsrule

thenepatsrule In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +312 / 2 / -1

#12 Jersey

not sure if this has been posted before, i thought this would be a nice change from all the JETS trash talk threads,
    i have stopped watching/listening to sports shows for a couple of days now,it seems any channel you watch/listen to has nothing but jets and pats to talk about,A TOURIST to this country may thing the superbowl is a few weeks early, nobody anywhere wants to talk about any other game...the more i listen/read about the JETS being classless the more restless i get for the game, i dont think i have ever waited for a game as much as this one (well maybe the 2007 SB)

Five years ago, none of the top 15 most-watched shows were NFL games

Code:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/01/13/nfl-2010-tv-recap-most-viewed-season-ever/78564

Code:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/11/nfl-with-175-million-tv-viewers-2010-is-most-watched-season-in-history/1

2. JSn

JSn Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

I wonder if there's an interesting philosophical or sociological reason for the shift, rather than just marketing. Be an interesting discussion, but maybe for a different part of the forum.

3. BradyManny

BradyManny Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +340 / 5 / -1

Interesting thought - though I would tend to think it ends up being much simpler: football provides the best quality of product of all the major sports right now. And by a wide margin.

Every once in a while - and its not often :D - the viewing public gets one right. Football is the most entertaining sport, and the NFL is the best sports business.

4. terabthia2

terabthia2 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -1

Hmmmm...could it maybe be that most regular TV shows suck nowadays? :rolleyes:

5. pheenix11

pheenix11 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +90 / 8 / -1

Have you seen the crap on TV lately?

6. JSn

JSn Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

Nope. I only watch movies and football. Maybe that's my answer, lol.

7. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

TV shows suck, and no other major sport has all of the local team's games over-the-air. I'd probably watch more Celtics if I didn't have to pay $100 a month for the privilege (no need for cable otherwise). It's the perfect storm for football.

Though with how much the NFL charges the 3 networks to show their games, they better have this kind of viewership.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.