PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colluder - What should I do??

Miguel

Patriots Salary Cap Guru
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I am the commish of the league. I have been told that one of the owners (let's call him James Bond) offered another owner (let's call him Jason Bourne) half of the prize pool if he traded Stephen Jackson for a filler player. Jason Bourne turned down the offer and then told me about it but does not want anyone else to know. Should I say anything to James Bond??

I am the commish of the league. I have been told that one of the owners (let's call him James Bond) offered another owner (let's call him Jason Bourne) half of the prize pool if he traded Stephen Jackson for a filler player. Jason Bourne turned down the offer and then told me about it but does not want anyone else to know. Should I say anything to James Bond??
Since the trade didn't go down, there's nothing you can really do other than post a blanket statement about how collusion won't be tolerated and make sure your league's rules cover it well for next year if they dont' already. However, if the trade did go down, then boot both owners immediately and make sure your rules cover such a scenario.

There's a thread in the Footballguys.com forums titled Rules every league should consider having and covers several collusion scenarios. It's a good read and every league should incorporate most of the rules suggested.

Regards,
Chris

Last edited:
say anything no

but you should next year make it known that such activities wil get them kicked out

As the commish it is your RESPONSIBILITY to maintain the integrity of the league. You don’t have to call people out by name (since it didn’t go down), but you should address the issue of colluding and why the league (should) frown on it.

Anyone willing to do this would not be invited back into any of my leagues the following season. :)

Thanks for the great ideas, everyone.

Yup as commish you are responsible for maintaining integrity in the league. Veto a trade if it looks too lopsided. Since the trade didn't get to the approval stage and the other owner didn't cooperate, I think a general warning should be enough.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Back