Welcome to PatsFans.com

Cold Hard Football Facts brings it again

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Fixit, Sep 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fixit

Fixit In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +187 / 3 / -2

2. The Gr8est

The Gr8est In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Great read, and spot on. In times like this I think it is also important to remember those who are on the Pats' side, as few as they are. In addition to those mentioned in the article you can add Andy Reid and Mike Martz who admitted that the pats beat them fair and square in the SB.

3. mykl

mykl On the Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Great article. I have a bit of an issue with this argument though:

"Let's put it this way: if the Detroit Lions or Arizona Cardinals committed the same violation, nobody would give it a second thought and it would barely register on the local radar screen in those communities, let alone explode into the lead story on national news networks, as "camera-gate" has become."

Of course it wouldn't have been a big deal if the Lions or Cards did this. They suck. The whole argument that the detractors make is that we are sooo damn good because we had an unfair edge. Complete bull...but still.

4. marty

marty In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Concise, well written! Thanks for posting it.

5. dtbrks

dtbrks 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Nice.
    I am going to send this to everyone I know

6. Pat the Pats Fan

Pat the Pats Fan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

Thanks for posting, anyone know that retard Cowherd's email address. Tired of listening to his harangue all week.......Actually had to turn him off and listen to music......

Last edited: Sep 14, 2007
  7. NEPat

NEPat Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Why is everyone going after the media? I don't understand that. What do they expect the media to do? Pat Belichick on the back?

It is true. So what? The Pats are three time SB champions. Of course no one would care that much if it was some no win team. The more famous you are, the bigger the scandal.

This whole episode is extremely embarrassing for the Patriots. Trying to downplay it is futile, and makes you look like a blind fanboy.

8. ClevTrev

ClevTrev Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Good link and good article. It's true that there are many waiting to ride BB into the sunset due to his cantankerous ways in limiting media access to information and not playing along by giving them sound bites like a dancing monkey. Yes, those who are outgoing and personable come off much better with the media. BB is not one of those, and just because he's an introvert who is guarded and not prone to spouting the spectacular, he frustrates the hell out of the media. They've been waiting for something like this and took every opportunity to blow this way out of proportion.

Now let's get on with the season. The Patriots have some work to do, and they've got a team this year that can get to work.

9. slash83

slash83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

ratgini and jets fans are just little *****es its that simple. everyteam spys on eachother in one way or another... *** the jets and there rat coach.

10. MetalBleachers

MetalBleachers Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You're a Boston sports columnist: You show up at Gillette a few times a week, get fed lunch by the Patriots staff, hang out for an hour or two to speak to personnel who are forced to talk to you by the league office, type out 2,000 words four or five times a week and email it for tomorrow's paper. Of course you're upset with the coach: he makes it so you have to actually think about the questions you ask and you may even have to make a phone call or two to get material for your column.

Pat Belichick on the back? No. But why make it a confrontational relationship? Why not ask questions about preparation and how that's changed over the years, or a vague-yet-topical question about the use of video equipment as opposed to 8mm film?

I don't know. I'm so g.d. sick of this whole thing that I can't wait for Sunday.

11. Krugman

Krugman Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

As usual,the Cold Hard Football Facts guys are spot on,Thanks for the link.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.