PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Coach of the Year & MVP

Playing Devil's advocate, IF Brady had thrown more than twice as many TD passes than Manning, yet Manning had weaker weapons, would any of you be calling for Manning to be named MVP ? Let's face it, when you break 2 passing records in one season, you're pretty much guaranteed the MVP.

As much as we all agree that BB did a COY type job this year, have to consider Andy Reid in KC, Chip Kelly in Philly and Pete Carroll in Seattle.

Last year it went to Pagano in Indy.....

Playing Devil's advocate, IF Brady had thrown more than twice as many TD passes than Manning, yet Manning had weaker weapons, would any of you be calling for Manning to be named MVP ? Let's face it, when you break 2 passing records in one season, you're pretty much guaranteed the MVP.

No, but the media would be. People seriously wanted to give him MVP in 2011 when he didn't even play because Polian couldn't find an nfl caliber quarterback to play and killed the season...

Manning is the OC and the QB....combining for a record breaking season.....and he makes it look easy. Making it look so easy is probably what irks those north and east of Haaaartford. If it looks so easy, then it can't be haaaard. (like my Boston accent).
An old man dominating in the most demanding position in sports deserves praise, not petty sniping. Give him the trophy, politely clap, and move on.

Now that that is settled......Brady's '07 season towers over Manning''s '13 or any QB's best season. The quality of Brady's performance, the pressure to win, the desire to accept THEE challenge.......not even close.

And coach of the year.....aka....Most improved team....who cares. I do hope the Philly coach gets it just to reward a "new" approach.

Which gets me to BB...."Our job is to win football games." Thinking back over the last decade and a half...How many games has BB taken the foot off the gas...one week 17 game used to rest players/get a favorable playoff matchup? One game out of 200+ games......Incredible. The DNA of Lombardi and BB must share a certain special trait because these two have to win. Think of the crap going through the minds of coaches and management of half the teams in the NFL this time of year....survival/draft positioning/etc. Pretty amazing the Pats have avoided the silly season crap that infects 50% of teams every year. BB has created an amazing culture of winning.

Coach:Ron Rivera-Carolina
Off-MVP:peyton Manning-Denver
Def-MVP:Richard Sherman-Seattle

Manning's a lock for MVP.

COTY seems wide open: BB, Arians, Rivera, maybe some support for Carroll... who else? Kelly might be a dark horse. Jeff Fisher might get some love if that team with that roster in that division, and Kellen Clemens at QB, manages 8-8.

Manning is the OC and the QB....combining for a record breaking season.....and he makes it look easy. Making it look so easy is probably what irks those north and east of Haaaartford. If it looks so easy, then it can't be haaaard. (like my Boston accent).
An old man dominating in the most demanding position in sports deserves praise, not petty sniping. Give him the trophy, politely clap, and move on.

Now that that is settled......Brady's '07 season towers over Manning''s '13 or any QB's best season. The quality of Brady's performance, the pressure to win, the desire to accept THEE challenge.......not even close.

And coach of the year.....aka....Most improved team....who cares. I do hope the Philly coach gets it just to reward a "new" approach.

Which gets me to BB...."Our job is to win football games." Thinking back over the last decade and a half...How many games has BB taken the foot off the gas...one week 17 game used to rest players/get a favorable playoff matchup? One game out of 200+ games......Incredible. The DNA of Lombardi and BB must share a certain special trait because these two have to win. Think of the crap going through the minds of coaches and management of half the teams in the NFL this time of year....survival/draft positioning/etc. Pretty amazing the Pats have avoided the silly season crap that infects 50% of teams every year. BB has created an amazing culture of winning.

What kind of protection does Manning get?

How are do his receivers get?

Both are outstanding.

Manning is a very good, and absolutely vital part of that offense but it's the offense which is producing those TDs, Manning gets too much credit and his supporting cast gets too little.

As great a job as Belichick has done it has to go to Reid for taking a team that had the first pick overall and turning them into one of the better teams in foot ball.

MVP-Don't care, it's clearly just a fantasy football award now.

General consensus is Ron Rivera (yes the guy who was supposed to be fired 3 months ago) and Peyton Manning. With a slight nod to Brady and BB, it seems fine since I somehow see us beating both of them in the playoffs.

Coach:Ron Rivera-Carolina
Off-MVP:peyton Manning-Denver
Def-MVP:Richard Sherman-Seattle

Wait, wasn't KC 2-14 last season ? I think you have to go with Andy Reid for Coach of the year.

Re: BB should be HC of the year

please no. we need to be under the radar. no awards, no accolades, and let them keep picking against us

I agree....I want the 2013 Patriots to be the NFL's version of the 2013 Red Sox....

Imagine if we had 2 teams pull it off!!!'

Hey, I can dream!:mad:

We all know it's not who the most valuable is but who has the best stats.

Peyton Manning will win MVP. Frankly, I think he should win it for his great inidividual performance. I would have been pissed off if Brady didn't win MVP in 2007.

Has anyone in the media ask the question as to how would Manning have faired this season with Brady's Oline & WR's?

I bet he throws no more than 35 TDs

I agree....I want the 2013 Patriots to be the NFL's version of the 2013 Red Sox....

With this team, they can pull it off. No one is expecting us to be in the SB, or probably the AFCCG. Just like the past 3 teams that won it all. I personally believe we will be headed to the SB this coming February.

Re: BB should be HC of the year

From the gang green: Post #34

How would you feel if NE wins a Super Bowl in our stadium ? ? - Page 2 - TheGangGreen.com Message Board

It is going to happen,its already been scripted since the Boston Marathon bombing that at least two professional sports teams from the area win their respective championships this season.

There is a far greater gem in that thread:

TheGangGreen.com Message Board - View Single Post - How would you feel if NE wins a Super Bowl in our stadium ? ?

Not happening. The team has Brady who constantly defies odds and makes crazy comebacks, but being one dimensional isn't going to win any playoff games. I doubt they get past round 1 unless they face whoever the 8-8 team is. If they face the Ravens again, they lose like usual. I don't see them beating the Bengals or Broncos. They might squeak by the Colts or Chiefs but that's as far as they go.

I guess he only watches Jets games? :confused:

Winning the SB this year in NY wouldn't erase the recent big game losses, but it'd go a long way towards making me feel a lot better. Like all of us here, I just really want to see Brady and Belichick get that 4th ring.

I swear I'll tone it down and lower my expectations if that happens. I just think that someone who has led their team to AFFCG appearances in more than 50% of his starting seasons deserves to automatically be in the mix for GOAT, and that 4th ring would go a long way towards solidifying it.

The reality is that we should have been able to at least split the past 2 with the NYG under those crazy circumstances, and if that happened I'd have felt a lot better about things. It's the fact that we've made it so far and had those strange kinds of scenarios and bounces that makes it tougher to swallow in my opinion.

Belichick is awesome. That said it's hard to say it's his best year yet. I'd argue that most of his seasons have been excellently coached w/the exception of 2009. Even then I wouldn't really say it was poorly coached. I haven't seen the full product of 2013 so it is hard to say. 2001, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010, and 2013 seem to stand out to me the most...probably because in most of those years there was considerable adversity.

Let's be serious for a minute here Salva135. That one dimensional O that started off as 2TE-centric then morphed to 5 wide and then to run heavy games before finding some balance is incredibly one dimensional. I mean, the whole air it out to come back against the Saints and Broncos met with a heavy dose of run all over the Ravens is so one dimensional, it left me scratching my head.

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
Back