PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cleveland fans don't value JAG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say what you want about Cassell he was on the field for every snap he was supposed to be. That was not true of garoppolo
And Cassel got sacked 47 times on 2008........

Hey bud, if you think Matt Cassel is or ever has been, even an above average NFL QB then have it. Jimmy is on another planet and a few years will tell how laughable your position is.

With your ill advised follow up statements you've lost sight of what my original position was, so I'll rephrase. Jimmy G certainly has looked the part in the limited sample size, but I offer up Cassel as a cautionary tale of how New England with their coaching staff, good team, and winning culture can make quarterbacks look good.

You find my positions laughable and yet your position has been........

"Cassel has struggled with every part of his game."

and

"You need to rewatch those games. He has never had a great game."

Which are statements that are just so indisputably false, and yet apparently I have the laughable position. I mean, I would have thought even for those people with bad memories that they would have at least looked up a game log or something before making such a wrong definitive statement.

We all know Cassel turned out to be a bum, but that doesn't mean that he wasn't good when he was on the Pats. Again, I'm not sure why people want try so hard to make this be the case. He was traded for a 2nd round pick (and not as a salary dump), and there is a long thread from this forum over people debating keeping Cassel over Brady. (For the record, I never understood the Brady vs Cassel and still think it to be crazy, but the fact that the conversation even existed means something.)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: sb1
There is absolutely nothing Jimmy Gorrapolo can do for this team in comparison to what Matt Cassell did, barring TB getting injured and JG staying.

What Cassell did was do the best he could to complete the season with the goal being the playoffs. He did that, to the best of his ability. A lot of fans forget this, but how exited were you to see the 10-5 going into the playoffs that year, on the last Sunday of the year? Get a win, we we're in. Cassell did his job, the Jets cheated again, this time with Favrerfve****him, and the Dolphins win.

Could Garropolo do the same, or could he have done better that year? Us fans are literally talking the difference of one game between the two using Brady's down time as an example.

With your ill advised follow up statements you've lost sight of what my original position was, so I'll rephrase. Jimmy G certainly has looked the part in the limited sample size, but I offer up Cassel as a cautionary tale of how New England with their coaching staff, good team, and winning culture can make quarterbacks look good.

Cassel was decent because he played on a great team. I would like you find me the info where someone on here wanted to replace Brady with Cassel. That will be funny. The only thing Cassel and Jimmy G have in common is that they both filled in for Tom when he couldn't play. There is no comparison between Jimmy G's ability and Matt Cassel's. I get your point and what you are trying to say and I am trying to say that Jimmy G is light years beyond Matt Cassel. I guarantee if Tom Brady would talk about it (and probably someday he will) he will say how special Jimmy G is.

I would like you find me the info where someone on here wanted to replace Brady with Cassel. That will be funny.

We can certainly agree on that.

Here it is (I've only read a little bit but I'm sure it will make for an interesting read)
The Official 'Trade Brady' Debate Thread - Do Not Start Another One

Here is an interesting thread on the reaction of Cassel (and Vrabel) being swapped for a 2nd round pick.......

Schefter: Cassel (and Vrabel) to Chiefs for 2009 2nd-rounder [merged]

Draft day is their Super bowl .

That team was getting old, it had declined severely from the 16-0 season as evidenced by even worse results the following season even with Brady. It's hideously unfair to judge Cassell based on 16-0 when there was NWIH that same team wins 16 games even with Brady

There is absolutely nothing Jimmy Gorrapolo can do for this team in comparison to what Matt Cassell did, barring TB getting injured and JG staying.

I'd be very surprised to see the Pats NOT trade Garrapolo. If they don't, however, I imagine it's all about having a Brady insurance policy so that Jimmy G can do what Cassel did in 2008. (Obviously we hope for better results since most of us think that Jimmy is better anyway. )

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST