PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Clayton: Pats "frantically" calling around for third receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.
A month ago, Galloway was still a part of the offense.
I know you enjoy playing the role of the devil's advocate, but are you suggesting that Clayton is correct, and the Pats suddenly went from not looking for another receiver to cutting Galloway and "frantically calling around" and desperately trying to make a deal? I don't see the logic in the Patriots doing that; why would they purposely put themselves in a weaker negotiating position and then immediately go out and try to make a trade?

Clayton also said the Chiefs don't have any players to offer another team. Why would anyone want Bowe, Dorsey, Johnson or Waters?

I honestly don't know why anyone would want Waters. He has been in a steep decline for a few years and at this point is below average (to be nice).

I know you enjoy playing the role of the devil's advocate, but are you suggesting that Clayton is correct, and the Pats suddenly went from not looking for another receiver to cutting Galloway and "frantically calling around" and desperately trying to make a deal? I don't see the logic in the Patriots doing that; why would they purposely put themselves in a weaker negotiating position and then immediately go out and try to make a trade?

Actually, Clayton made a report and a bunch of people here decided to attack both the report and the reporter for no good reason. Anyone watching Aiken trying to gain separation knows that the Patriots are weak at that spot. However, instead of talking about something valid like that, a bunch of anonymous internet posters, some of whom are probably less physically attractive than Clayton, decided to go for the derisive dismissal and the personal attacks on a man just doing his job. As for the logic, it's painfully clear to anyone who's watched this offense.

There was nothing "Devil's advocate" about my responses.

Last edited:
Re: Clayton: Pats "frantically calling" around for third receiver

...or maybe people feel this way because he hasn't been used as a deeper threat so far this year....(eye roll)

Thats it for me. He simply hasn't done it. I really like Edelman. Would love to see him evolve into that type of receiver...

Re: Clayton: Pats "frantically calling" around for third receiver

...or maybe people feel this way because he hasn't been used as a deeper threat so far this year....(eye roll)

Maybe thats because the Patriots haven't needed him for that, as Moss plays that role fine? Galloway is fast as ****, and they weren't using him as a deep threat either.

The Chiefs are bringing in Galloway so could it be possible that a deal for Dwayne Bowe could be in place? :singing:

Thats it for me. He simply hasn't done it. I really like Edelman. Would love to see him evolve into that type of receiver...

Doesn't Edelman just duplicate what Welker brings to the table? With Moss working deep and Welker underneath, we need an intermediate route router. Branch would be perfect.

The Chiefs are bringing in Galloway so could it be possible that a deal for Dwayne Bowe could be in place? :singing:

I hate today, can it not end? Posts like these kill me. How ridiculous that offense would be.... :(

Doesn't Edelman just duplicate what Welker brings to the table? With Moss working deep and Welker underneath, we need an intermediate route router. Branch would be perfect.

A guy that is never healthy? No. If he was still the same guy sure. But that was 4 years ago and a few injuries later, he's worth nothing if he doesn't come free. People here need to forget about him, he has done jack since leaving Brady.

For just one day we can dream can't we? :snob:

It's like seeing that sexy girl in high school you just know you cant get, but if you could...

That offense would make me cry, tears of joy that is. Imagine getting a future stud WR..Let me stop :(

I don't think we are calling "frantically" like the Cryptkeeper wants to say, but it wouldn't doubt me that we are putting feelers out there to see what is available, doing due dilligence like any smart team would do.

Edleman is significantly bigger and faster than Welker. So, despite being white, and scrappy, no.

Actually, Clayton made a report and a bunch of people here decided to attack both the report and the reporter for no good reason. Anyone watching Aiken trying to gain separation knows that the Patriots are weak at that spot. However, instead of talking about something valid like that, a bunch of anonymous internet posters, some of whom are probably less physically attractive than Clayton, decided to go for the derisive dismissal and the personal attacks on a man just doing his job.
I think the points I made in post #42 and apple streudel made in post #45 are valid and logical, and give reasons to cast doubt on Clayton's report. Although I do agree with your assessment of Aiken, I find it doubtful that the Pats are just now frantically attempting to make a trade. I guess we'll just agree to disagree, but I believe that if the Pats were to enter into trade talks to find a receiver, then they would have worked out a deal prior to cutting Galloway.

A guy that is never healthy? No. If he was still the same guy sure. But that was 4 years ago and a few injuries later, he's worth nothing if he doesn't come free. People here need to forget about him, he has done jack since leaving Brady.

I've been a "Bring Branch Back If The Price Is Right" guy but this little blurb has got to shudder all hope and speculation..

Seattle Seahawks WR Deion Branch Says "His Knee Will Never Feel Normal Again"

Wide receiver for the Seattle Seahawks Deion Branch underwent reconstructive knee surgery this year. Branch was recently quoted by the Associated Press as saying, "You will never be back to normal once you have this type of procedure done." If his recovery goes well Branch will make a decent fantasy receiver, but his performance may fall short of previous years

Fantasy Football News - Get the Facts About 2009 NFL Players and Recent Injuries

It's like seeing that sexy girl in high school you just know you cant get, but if you could...

That offense would make me cry, tears of joy that is. Imagine getting a future stud WR..Let me stop :(

It would make up for giving up Cassel and Vrabel for a 2nd rounder. :D

I'm tired of always settling for spank bank :eek: I want to cash this check! :p

Well rule out RB Jackson - Rams said no way to a trade

just an hour and a half to go, if somethings going to happen we will be hearing about it soon

You know if the Bengals were not contending this season I could truly see BB making a serious move for Chad

Adalius Thomas and a 2nd for Chad would be cool,but since Cincy is well in contention you can ***gedaboutit

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3