PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Clayton being his usual self

Status
Not open for further replies.
he put him team in position to win the game with a very easy FG. is it his fault that AV blew it?

you are placing too much importance on the FG here.

if AV makes it, then are you excusing Manning for his game?

but if he misses it, then all the blame goes to Manning?

Make or miss the field goal, the Colts are in position to win the game because of their defense and the Chargers' offense not Manning. I'm sorry, the only reason Manning had the opportunity to score enough points to get Indy back into the game was that the Chargers' offense couldn't stay on the field. Even if the Chargers didn't score, but mounted several five or six minute drives in the second half; the Colts wouldn't have had enough time to come back. The Chargers' last five offensive drives lasted 1:12, 5:43, 2:17, 1:31, and 1:19 of clock time.

I find it interesting how this game makes Peyton a legend. One of the touchdowns they scored was on a Philip Rivers fumble in the end zone. The game was only close because of that. Peyton still threw an interception in the end zone, one at the San Diego 44, and one at the San Diego 33.

The Colts had the ball 11 times in the game.

Manning threw an interception 6 times. THATS OVER HALF THE DRIVES!!!!
He led them to a touchdown twice.
He put them in field goal range twice.

At most, the Colts should have scored 20 points. 20 points with a top 5 RB and a top 10 reciever in the league is hardly the things legends are made of. Especially when you throw 6 interceptions. Its just too bad San Diego didn't put up 40 points like they should have.

This is rehashing, but apparently we need to. The Colts defense gave up 10 points while scoring 7. The defense kept them in the game.

Special teams lost that game.

The offense scored 14 points. It was respectable but not good enough. Considering the offense is headed by "the best QB in the NFL," the standard is raised and 14 points becomes a big disappointment.

Last edited:
Whatever. Nobody is a bigger pats fan than me. I just speak the truth and bring balance to this forum.:D

Being contrary just for the sake of it is neither speaking truth nor bringing balance

Last edited:
cmon, if Brady had the same game, everyone here would be saying "yeah he didn't play great, but he was there when it counted!"

I agree. This is all a matter of perspective. When Brady had 4 pick days and got right back in there and chucked it down the field, we all said, "Great, he didn't go suck his thumb."

When Manning does it it's suddenly a different story. Not fair. Manning's receivers, according to Tom Brady, were not running what you'd call precise routes against the Chargers. To pin that on Manning is ludicrous.

It seems to me that certain Pats fans want to rip Manning apart and turn him into a pumpkin, as if his many accomplishments were faked. That is so butt-stupid that I can't even comprehend it.

The facts are what they are: Manning is a great QB. Watch his throws. How do you make all those different types of throws if you aren't an elite QB?

And why are we trying to minimize what somebody accomplishes in the NFL? Isn't it tough just to MAKE IT to the NFL? Isn't it tough just to win a game or two or three in the NFL? Isn't it like impossible for most teams or guys to win a SB in the NFL? So why are we suddenly down on this guy for being a champion?

The guy is a champion - period. No, I would not draft him over a Tom Brady, but that is because I'm a homer. In reality who cares which one you have if you have the coaching and supporting cast? Flip a coin.

Another example why John Clayton is one of the brightest NFL reporters out there. His insight is always accurate and to the point. He calls it like he see's it. To bad some of the other reporters on the Entirely Sucking off the Patriots Network won't take off their blinders and get with the program. :rocker:

Given ESPN's handling of the Patriots this year, and the amazing ballwashing of Manning after his career worst game (interception-wise) last week, this just may be the most ridiculous post ever made on an internet sports forum.

Given ESPN's handling of the Patriots this year, and the amazing ballwashing of Manning after his career worst game (interception-wise) last week, this just may be the most ridiculous post ever made on an internet sports forum.

What else would you expect from a jealous indianapolis horsemanures fan

GoldenBoy shanked 2 that game.

Okay Mr High Horse please explain something to me. Ever since #4 got there, Colts fans had a field day rubbing it in that they now had our guy. Everyone in the corn fields was just so overjoyed that they managed to get him. Are you telling me that because he couldn't overcome Capt Foreheads ridiculous ineptitude, the blame is really all on him? You're all ready to cut him or kill him, whichever is quicker.

If Tom Brady isn't the #1 quarterback in the AFC pro bowl after breaking every record imaginable for QB efficiency, scoring, and completion percentage, I am going to start questioning how seriously I take the NFL.

Last time I commented on the unctious lauding of Peyton's game I was called out by He Ban Me for reacting to the hubbub. This thread brings it back to the surface so I went back and did a little analysis on the stats (ie not my visual memory), and now I understand why I was so puzzled by the praise for PM.

Basically he lost it in the first quarter, he put the Colts in the hole as much as special teams if not worse. Here are his figures

Passes:8 Attempts:16 yards:42 TD:0 Int:3 for a passer rating of 16.7 :eek:

luckily Philip Rivers was playing to his level and produced 1-4-5-0-1 for a passer rating of gulp-you-guessed-it 0.0

In the 2nd quarter Manning raised his level of play to 11-15-119-0-1 for a rating of 68.5 and he further improved to 9-13-99-1-1 for a rating of 85.1in the 3rs. Actually the 7yd TD occured 02 seconds into the 4th quarter but for the sake of this analysis I have parked it in the 3rd quarter to highlight how bad PM's 4th quarter was.

And this is the reason for my dismay, according to those in awe of PM battling all the way back, because in reality he was dreadful in the last 14 mins 28 seconds of the quarter. Yep you read it correctly the Chargers only had the ball less than 30 seconds after Peyton's TD strike, in which they managed to return the KO and fumble it in the endzone for the Colts to be within 2.

Peyton's amazing fourth quarter that so excited Dr Z and Clayton went 5-12-54-0-1 for a passer rating of 20.8 pretty close to his 1st quarter debacle. There is no way he can be credited for bringing the Colts all the way back to contention with such a poor 4th quarter.

As I said on my earlier post I am willing to give PM a mulligan on the 6 interceptions, after all everyone has on off day. However from memory at least 3 of those interceptions were bad decisions. More importanly after analysis I also discovered that 3 of those interceptions committed the cardinal sin of football of giving short yardage to the opposition. The Chargers started their series from these interception from the IND 32, 36 and 45 (though that could have been the 27 if Cromartie had not run backwards).

I hope the facts prove the point.

I completely agree. They are just a bunch of arse-lickers and suckups because Clayton has never, ever doen anything that added to the entertainment value of the game.

What do you guys do, remove your heads from being submerged in the koolaid bucket just long enough to rip tremendous contributors to the NFL scene like Clayton?

You guys are going soft in the head. Is this what happened to the Roman Empire? I mean do you really think the world begins and ends in Foxboro, and nobody in Carthage has a right to another opinion?

You're beginning to sound like whiners. If you can't tolerate somebody having a different OPINION than you, a guy who is supposed to treat all 32 teams equally, and form his own INDIVIDUAL opinion, then you really are whiners.

What do you guys do, remove your heads from being submerged in the koolaid bucket just long enough to rip tremendous contributors to the NFL scene like Clayton?

You guys are going soft in the head. Is this what happened to the Roman Empire? I mean do you really think the world begins and ends in Foxboro, and nobody in Carthage has a right to another opinion?

You're beginning to sound like whiners. If you can't tolerate somebody having a different OPINION than you, a guy who is supposed to treat all 32 teams equally, and form his own INDIVIDUAL opinion, then you really are whiners.

I'm not a whiner. I take nothing away from Manning, he's a GREAT QB. I just think it's foolish to praise him so much. He crapped the bed, it happens move on.

Given the point is that he's clearly NOT treating all 32 teams equally, your post is basically meaningless.

Our whole point is that no, he doesn't treat all 32 teams equally.

Let me ask you this, if Rex Grossman throws 6 INTs is next game and the Bears lose by 2, will there be a single pundit saying his game was heroic and he performance was Elway-like?

'Some' Colts fans...........I was never one of them. I never rubbed it it that 'we had your guy'. Take your F'n guy back. Never wanted him in the first place and he is proving why. Now this is where you say 'clutch in the snow game"! The same snow game where TommyBoy fumbled and the ref's gave him the ball back on a silver platter, then changed the rules for him in the future. You all can learn more about your innerselves by reading this...

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071115/SPORTS/711150396

Truer words have never been spoken, except for the words of John Clayton. ;)

They kept the rule the same. It has actually been called this year. Lots less controversy, though. Wonder why that is? I'm just glad he didn't get injured on the play. It was vicious blow to the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes