PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Clayton being his usual self

Status
Not open for further replies.
he put him team in position to win the game with a very easy FG. is it his fault that AV blew it?

you are placing too much importance on the FG here.

if AV makes it, then are you excusing Manning for his game?

but if he misses it, then all the blame goes to Manning?

6 INT vs. 1 missed chip shot FG.

Which one should have more importance?

He is funny looking isn't he? I always think it's funny that he gets paid a lot of money to criticize the guys who probably tortured him growing up. Good on him, poetic justice I guess.

funny would be an understatement. he gets smacked around pretty hard by Salisbury.......that waterboy line is classic, and he had no comeback line

The idea that a clown like Clayton made the NFL writers HOF discredits the institution.

I completely agree. They are just a bunch of arse-lickers and suckups because Clayton has never, ever doen anything that added to the entertainment value of the game.

Nothing.

In fact, in nearly every piece that he has written, he *detracts* from the entertainment of the game.

funny would be an understatement. he gets smacked around pretty hard by Salisbury.......that waterboy line is classic, and he had no comeback line

One of my favorite parts of Sports Center is those two, some classic stuff.

cmon, if Brady had the same game, everyone here would be saying "yeah he didn't play great, but he was there when it counted!"

You obviously havnen't paid attention to threads around here over the years when Brady had a bad game. If I remember correctly, and I do, there were people calling for Brady to be benched early last year due to his lack of enthusiasm shown by poor body language. This board has a tendency to hammer our team, not ball wash them.

Take the time to read back through a multitude of threads on various topics before you try to put words in people's keyboards.

Heck, if you did that, maybe the board will teach you something.

I completely agree. They are just a bunch of arse-lickers and suckups because Clayton has never, ever doen anything that added to the entertainment value of the game.

Nothing.

In fact, in nearly every piece that he has written, he *detracts* from the entertainment of the game.
And after the regular collage season is over Clayton will be on the radio for 4 hours every Sat. saying things that'll make me shake my head. I know I don't have to listen,but I'll be at work and his show is about the only game in town.

The only reason the Colts were in the game was the ineptness

of the San Diego offense. With 6 interceptions, it should have

been a blowout.

cmon, if Brady had the same game, everyone here would be saying "yeah he didn't play great, but he was there when it counted!"

Even if this is true, do you really think the overwhelming reaction from the media would be positive?

Let's just look as last year's Indy game. Despite throwing 4 ints, NE had the ball down one score with Brady driving them into the Colt territory.

Can you recall a single "analyst" talking about how heroic Brady was to still be in the game despite having crap receivers around him?

I doubt you can bring one up, and this is despite Manning having just as bad, if not worse a performance against a much worse team with even better weapons.

The guy can have a bad game. I won't begrudge him that. We all have bad days. But to portray that game as anything other than a bad game is pure fallacy.

how many times will we hear when brady wins MVP that manning didnt have his receivers so he couldnt compete with brady this yr for the MVP ?

It just goes to show that if you throw five or six interceptions in a game and your defense bails you out, the media will give you all the credit. They did the same thing with Romo against Buffalo. The ONLY reason why analysts are talking about the magic of Peyton and not starting to question the Peyton and the Colts' offense that has been uneven in the last month or so at best is because the Chargers' offense couldn't do anything from late in the second quarter to the end of the game.

If you look at the Chargers' drives after their last TD, they had four punts, an INT, and a fumble. They had 3 three and outs, a four and out, and a five and out. They had only one drive since late in the second quarter that went more than five plays. If the Chargers could have mounted any type of offense, there would never have been any magical comeback.

I love it. Manning has a horrible game. His defense with help of Phillip Rivers bails him out and allows them to have all these extra drives to come back and everyone is all over Manning's jock for coming back. That was a pathetic game by Manning and luckily for him it was an even more pathetic game by Rivers.

Tis a new tune I hear this year. Your greatness as a QB is determined by the lack of talent surrounding you, and how well you perform with that lack of talent. Well if theses standard were applied in past years Manning should have NEVER been an MVP. That being said its also obvious to me that there are certain people that want commercial man to be MVP,and will change,bend,or alter past opinions to make it so. And if thats the case Brady should have won multiple MVP's for achieving what he did without being surrounded with very much talent.

Greatness isn't whether you have or do not have talent around you, it's whether you rise to the occasion and whether you make others around you better.

When Manning has great talent and an indoor/Southern schedule, he puts up great numbers.

Let's see what Manning does with good talent and that indoor/Southern schedule.

When Brady has great talent and an outdoor/Northern schedule, he puts up even better numbers than Manning.

When Brady has average talent and that outdoor/Northern schedule, he puts up very good numbers, and has come through when it mattered many times.

I would strongly consider as MVP Brett Farve (I corrected the spelling for him) considering the offensive weapons he has (who?), conditions he plays in, and expectations for him and the team (not high). The only negative is playing in the junior conference.

Greatness isn't whether you have or do not have talent around you, it's whether you rise to the occasion and whether you make others around you better.

When Manning has great talent and an indoor/Southern schedule, he puts up great numbers.

Let's see what Manning does with good talent and that indoor/Southern schedule.

When Brady has great talent and an outdoor/Northern schedule, he puts up even better numbers than Manning.

When Brady has average talent and that outdoor/Northern schedule, he puts up very good numbers, and has come through when it mattered many times.

I would strongly consider as MVP Brett Farve (I corrected the spelling for him) considering the offensive weapons he has (who?), conditions he plays in, and expectations for him and the team (not high). The only negative is playing in the junior conference.
So lets see your saying that Brady didn't elevate the players around him in past years,is that what your saying? If thats so how did he win those SB's ? Going back and reading some of the names of the receivers I forgot they either existed,or were in many cases third stringers. Favre has had a lot more weapons that Brady has ever had . So don't try to run the argument that Favre should be MVP because he elevates the play of those around him. Bradys been doing that for 7 yrs.

he put him team in position to win the game with a very easy FG. is it his fault that AV blew it?

you are placing too much importance on the FG here.

if AV makes it, then are you excusing Manning for his game?

but if he misses it, then all the blame goes to Manning?

Yeah, it does...I mean, let's say that they score a TD on 3rd down and win...but they didn't. They failed to score on 3rd down and had to kick a FG, which they missed. If Manning didn't turn the ball over to the other team 6 times, they might not have had to kick a late game FG for the win.

I think you need to reread my post, b/c I didn't say anything like that. he did however put his team in a position to win at the end, it's just that his kicker missed a gimme fg he makes almost all the time

he had a poor game, but if Brady had an equally poor one, all we would be talking about is the last drive

He put the team in position to take a 1 point lead with 1:31 left in the game. Do you realize Colts would have had to kick off to the best unit in the game (SD special teams unit)? I think people are assuming too much when they say that AV kick would have ended the game right there.

No I would say the defense bailed out the offense. That is exactly what happened in San Deigo last Sunday night, well almost.

Manning gets more praise for throwing 6 INTs and losing the game than Brady gets for overcoming a 10 point deficit in about 5 minutes in the biggest game of the season so far.

That really makes a lot of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back