PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Clayton being his usual self

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Some' Colts fans...........I was never one of them. I never rubbed it it that 'we had your guy'. Take your F'n guy back. Never wanted him in the first place and he is proving why. Now this is where you say 'clutch in the snow game"! The same snow game where TommyBoy fumbled and the ref's gave him the ball back on a silver platter, then changed the rules for him in the future. You all can learn more about your innerselves by reading this...

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071115/SPORTS/711150396

Truer words have never been spoken, except for the words of John Clayton. ;)

Settle down there sparky no need to be so angry. Okay you've convinced me Clayton knows it all. He is the best reporter in football. This is also the same guy who's preseason pick last year to win the Super Bowl was the Dolphins. Nice.

'Some' Colts fans...........I was never one of them. I never rubbed it it that 'we had your guy'. Take your F'n guy back. Never wanted him in the first place and he is proving why. Now this is where you say 'clutch in the snow game"! The same snow game where TommyBoy fumbled and the ref's gave him the ball back on a silver platter, then changed the rules for him in the future. You all can learn more about your innerselves by reading this...

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071115/SPORTS/711150396

Rather than typing so many world to show that you know aboslutely nothing about football, why not just post what you know...nothing.
To say that the tuck rule call was wrong, to say that the rule was changed later shows you are a moron.
The rule was not only called properly upon review, but it had been called exactly the same way during the 2001 regular season, including AGAINST the Pats when Testaverde did exactly the same thing Brady did in the Snow Bowl.

I know your tension must be high as you realize your team's miracle season last year will never be repeated. But, hey one and done is better than never. You don't have to lie to make yourself feel better.

Seriously, stop bringing up that play in the SnowBowl. I can see Raiders fans still being upset about it, but whining about it when you're a Colts fan just makes you look really bad.

Last edited:
What do you guys do, remove your heads from being submerged in the koolaid bucket just long enough to rip tremendous contributors to the NFL scene like Clayton?

You guys are going soft in the head. Is this what happened to the Roman Empire? I mean do you really think the world begins and ends in Foxboro, and nobody in Carthage has a right to another opinion?

You're beginning to sound like whiners. If you can't tolerate somebody having a different OPINION than you, a guy who is supposed to treat all 32 teams equally, and form his own INDIVIDUAL opinion, then you really are whiners.

Why don't you actually know what you are talking about before you comment, hmmmmm..?

I could care less what Clayton is talking about. If you actually pulled your head out of your @ss long enough to read the determine the context of my post, you would realize that I am calling the media a bunch of incestual clowns that rub each other down and pretend that they are the foudation that fandom rests on.

Never once in the post that you quoted did I reference or comment on Manning whatsoever, although I still find it humorous that not one Colt fan has commented on this post:

Even if this is true, do you really think the overwhelming reaction from the media would be positive?

Let's just look as last year's Indy game. Despite throwing 4 ints, NE had the ball down one score with Brady driving them into the Colt territory.

Can you recall a single "analyst" talking about how heroic Brady was to still be in the game despite having crap receivers around him?

I doubt you can bring one up, and this is despite Manning having just as bad, if not worse a performance against a much worse team with even better weapons.

The guy can have a bad game. I won't begrudge him that. We all have bad days. But to portray that game as anything other than a bad game is pure fallacy.

Seriously, stop bringing up that play in the SnowBowl. I can see Raiders fans still being upset about it, but whining about it when you're a Colts fan just makes you look really bad.

There is one spot in the Gillette Stadium parking lot that still grows grass. It's near the plaque commemorating the AV kick to win the AFCCG. The grass still grows there because it is watered by the tears of Raiders fans.

:D

You're beginning to sound like whiners. If you can't tolerate somebody having a different OPINION than you, a guy who is supposed to treat all 32 teams equally, and form his own INDIVIDUAL opinion, then you really are whiners.

Opinions are fine as long as they aren't flippantly contradictory to the observable.

If I say it is my opinion that Point Break is a cinematic classic and the greatest movie of all time, should it be considered a valid opinion? What if I say that Eric Hinske is clearly the best player in baseball?

Stupid opinions don't need to be accepted and given credence. Saying that Peyton Manning, throwing six interceptions in a game his team lost, is worthy of praise for that game is stupid.

Kind of like when Pats fans cry about a reporter praising Peyton in a game the Pats had nothing to do with? Let me use one of the Pats fans favorite 'wicked' sayings.........
Oh the irony!

Read the article I attached. It explains alot.

I have no problem with the media praising Peyton Manning. In fact, he deserves a lot of praise most of the time. I do think it is ironic for the press to praise him when he threw six picks in a game though though.

someone asked the same question to vic carucci today

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09...te=without-video&confirm=true&campaign=ec0005

Question: How is it that everyone is talking about how impressive it was for Manning to "almost win," while throwing six interceptions in the San Diego game? Romo won with five interceptions and one lost fumble in TWO final-minute drives against Buffalo, and he gets zero credit. People need to start giving Romo the credit he deserves! He is not that far behind Manning, Favre and Brady. --Michael L, Christiana, PA

You're right. Manning doesn't deserve more credit for coming up just short of victory in a six-interception performance than Romo does for pulling out a win after throwing five picks and losing a fumble.

However, I will say that the Cowboys' victory over the Bills was less about Dallas finding a way to win than it was about Buffalo finding a way to lose through questionable coaching strategy and blunders in execution. The Chargers also almost found a way to lose to the Colts, reinforcing the notion that Manning's efforts in the late stages weren't necessarily worthy of praise.

sorry, clayton is superchicken, not sherman and i am convinced he is on the colts payroll. there is nothing objective about this guy. he professed his love for manning years ago, has been giving him a sponge bath ever since and is going to ride that horse, ewwww, into the ground. he also manages a snide remark about the pats running up the score in the bills v. pats section. of course the pats are going to run up the score. this is professional football and in the immortal words of herm edwards "you play to win the game".

WOW! John Clayton, WOW! Indy's defense kept them in the game for crying out loud. Indy's defense is the real deal and no one seems to recognize that. Indy's defense has improved so much since last year. In fact, if the game was played last year, the Chargers would have put the game away by halftime.

Also, Rivers gave the Colts 7 freakin' points by botching a throw that went into his own endzone. If the Chargers offense would have protected the football, Manning and Vinitiari wouldn't had a chance for a last second win.

Last edited:
he put him team in position to win the game with a very easy FG. is it his fault that AV blew it?

you are placing too much importance on the FG here.

if AV makes it, then are you excusing Manning for his game?

but if he misses it, then all the blame goes to Manning?

So, was that Phillip Rivers fumble recovered by the Colts defense for a TD not the reason they were even in the game at the end? I mean, if it had a major impact Manning's the one who caused it, right? Face it, the Colts weren't in that game because of Manning's late attempts at a comeback. If anything he tried his hardest to give the game away, but his leading them on one drive late is supposed to make us forget all about that, and the fact that he threw his final INT at the end of the game?

Last edited:
for clarity: I think AV played worse than Peyton did. AV missed both his FG attempts, and only managed to get 1 kickoff to even the 10 yard line. it was an abysmal kicker performance, easily the worst in the NFL this week.

Peyton had one of his worst games ever. even still with his 5 INT's (the 6th doesnt reallt count) he completed 60% of his passes and threw for 328 yards. there were various QB's worse than him this week.

nobody should call it a good game, but it wasn't as atrocious as some would have you think

Indy's defense should be getting all the credit for that game. If Tom Brady threw 6 ints we'd all be saying he sucked, or at least anyone with half a brain would say that.

The problem with the media coverage after Peyton's horrible game is that they have tried to make a 6 INT performance sound like a herculean, overcome-the-odds effort. It wasn't.

He just sucked, is all. Peyton is still a great QB and one of the best all time. Just shutup and admit he had a bad game.

Hmmm, so let me understand:

1. Indy's defense played a spectacular game.
2. the Chargers' offense was completely inept.
3. Peyton Manning was singlehandedly even MORE inept, throwing 6 INTs, and was lucky that the defense at least partially bailed him out by making stands.
4. The "comeback", which many would tell you shows Manning is great, was both not a comeback (they still lost), and would have been impossible without a DEFENSIVE touchdown.
5. The comeback would have been completely unnecessary anyways if Manning hadn't sucked so badly in the first place.

Makewayhomer: No, if that had been Brady, people wouldn't have been playing hte comeback card, because there wasn't a comeback. If he'd come back and won, maybe, but they didn't win, so why would we celebrate it? The Colts and their fans celebrate moral victories; we celebrate real ones.

No, I won't do that

for clarity: I think AV played worse than Peyton did. AV missed both his FG attempts, and only managed to get 1 kickoff to even the 10 yard line. it was an abysmal kicker performance, easily the worst in the NFL this week.

Peyton had one of his worst games ever. even still with his 5 INT's (the 6th doesnt reallt count) he completed 60% of his passes and threw for 328 yards. there were various QB's worse than him this week.

nobody should call it a good game, but it wasn't as atrocious as some would have you think

Sorry, that final INT does count, and I don't think many other QB's had a worse performance that week. I know it wasn't a classic Manning performance, and that's what we're talking about. Clayton makes it sound like Manning played great, even though he threw 6 INT's. Do you understand how this is asinine, especially given the fact that it was the Colts defense who allowed them to get back in the game, not Manning?

Sorry, that final INT does count, and I don't think many other QB's had a worse performance that week. I know it wasn't a classic Manning performance, and that's what we're talking about. Clayton makes it sound like Manning played great, even though he threw 6 INT's. Do you understand how this is asinine, especially given the fact that it was the Colts defense who allowed them to get back in the game, not Manning?

I agree it's dumb to call it a great game, it clearly wasn't. it was a bad game.

but here are the QB's who I think were even worse

Brooks Bollinger
Josh McCown
Philip Rivers
Steve McNair
and he was pretty close to Losman

that puts Manning 23rd out of 29 this week.

Incredible? The defense was what got them back in the game.

I think you need to reread my post, b/c I didn't say anything like that. he did however put his team in a position to win at the end, it's just that his kicker missed a gimme fg he makes almost all the time

he had a poor game, but if Brady had an equally poor one, all we would be talking about is the last drive
Oh yeah no one would mention the six ints, you my friend are an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back