PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Clay Buchholz sucks

Pessimistic Pete

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
How did he look in 2007? Pretty damn promising! Certainly worthy of excitement.

How did he look in 2008? Absolutely horrible. Like, really really bad.

How does he look this year? Bad again. We're up 7-0 here today now it's 7-6 in the bottom of the third, what the hell? THIS is the guy we were refusing to trade?

This guy is done and he's not big time starting pitcher material. Sad thing is he's actually better then Penny and Smoltz though. We should of traded him when he actually had some damn value, his trade value will be gone by the end of this season.

And totally random but..

Buchholz was arrested shortly before the 2005 draft when he and a friend stole 29 laptop computers from his high school to sell them.

What a disgusting character as well, do NOT like Bucholz.

How does he look this year? Bad again. We're up 7-0 here today now it's 7-6 in the bottom of the third, what the hell? THIS is the guy we were refusing to trade?

This guy is done and he's not big time starting pitcher material. Sad thing is he's actually better then Penny and Smoltz though. We should of traded him when he actually had some damn value, his trade value will be gone by the end of this season.

And totally random but..

Oh there you go again, Petee. The Principle Pete speaks. Buchholz has a bad game (actually, a bad inning) and he sucks. Nevermind, that every pitcher in baseball has a bad game, we should just trade him. Not only that, when he was 21 he stole a computer!

Clay could round out to be a #3 ... maybe?

I think he at least makes it to a #4 ... it's the mental part of the game he needs to refine and it looks like he's making progress at least.

He's 25 so he's not yet at the give up on him age.
Also ... he might find a job in a bullpen ... he could be a setup type.

And totally random but..

You do realize how annoying your posts get after awhile, RIGHT??? :confused: :rolleyes:

Sunday I noticed while I was watching in person that he was doing okay then the sox had an inning that lasted around 15-25 minutes and he came out and sucked. Not saying that is the reason but could have played into it.

Sunday I noticed while I was watching in person that he was doing okay then the sox had an inning that lasted around 15-25 minutes and he came out and sucked. Not saying that is the reason but could have played into it.

The big issue was the double play ball by Pie that Lowell didn't get to. That should have ended the inning with minimal damage. The next pitch after that, clay overthrew the ball and it didn't move at all.

So, after 4 starts:

Buchholz: 19.1 IP 6.09 ERA 11BB 14 SO

Line Drive %: 17

After 10 starts
Lester: 59.1 IP 6.07 ERA 21BB 62 SO

Line Drive %: 24

After 10 starts, Lester was striking out slightly more guys than Bucholz, walking less, but getting hit a LOT harder. Buchholz is getting 50%+ ground balls. Thats fantastic.

Here we go today, this topic will prove true once more.

Here we go today, this topic will prove true once more.

Clay does not suck ... he's just not the guy we saw throw a no hitter.

Right now he's more reliable than Penny and Smoltz.
If Wake and Dice-K were here Clay would be competing with Penny for the #5 job and I'll take Clay all day long if given that choice.

He doesn't have #1 or #2 pitcher kind of stuff but for what he'll get paid the next few years he's worth keeping so we can add a bat in the offseason ...

Clay does not suck ... he's just not the guy we saw throw a no hitter.

Right now he's more reliable than Penny and Smoltz.
If Wake and Dice-K were here Clay would be competing with Penny for the #5 job and I'll take Clay all day long if given that choice.

He doesn't have #1 or #2 pitcher kind of stuff but for what he'll get paid the next few years he's worth keeping so we can add a bat in the offseason ...

How dare you bring reason and logic to this argument! :eek:

Another week to 10 days and he's back down in Pawtuckett until September 1st.

He most certainly does have #1 stuff. That is the reason why he is a valuable trading chip. The problem right now with him is his confidence and his fastball location.

He pitched good today

Clay went from:Erica Ellyson.............................To this: Lindsay Clubine
erica_ellyson_Picapp_46505.jpg
Lindsay_Clubine.jpg

Last edited:
The guy really, really sucks! His last three starts, Sabathia, Verlander, and tonight Halladay. It's bout time he wins one. Not to mention, he stole a computer when he was 21.

He did really good last night, only giving up a single run

Two hit shut out going into the ninth.

Two hit shut out going into the ninth.

Yup ... :lol2:

That Victor Martinez really calls a lousy game I'll tell ya.

Last edited:
Yup ... :lol2:

That Victor Martinez really calls a lousy game I'll tell ya.
Can't criticize Jason so recently after that blocked plate which won the prior game.
There's always tomorrow.

Did you see this guy pitch last night? He really, really, sucks! Not only that, he stole a computer when he was 21. Cut him.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back