PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Classless Chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a huge problem with it. Would it or will it anger me when it is done to the Pats... absolutely. But if they want to do it fine, they earned the right to act like jerks.

What peaves me though, is the complete hypocrisy of the Chargers. Last year in Denver, Rivers was showing up the Denver fans raising his hand to his ear, as if to show that he can't hear them. But when the Pats go in and win and celebrate, Ellis Hobbs is called "the sorriest corner in the league" by Rivers and they are deemed classless by LdT. Doesn't really fly in my book.

Last edited:
At least the Colts are professionals. The Chargers are a joke.

I liked the announcers spoke of LT and mentioned that he patterns himself after Payton on and off the field.

I thought, "WHAT?"

I was only lucky enough to see Sweetness' last few seasons, but I never recall him being a whiner like LT.

As for Rivers, he is also a whiner. It was just a couple of weeks ago when Rivers and LT were fighting and then all of a sudden happy when they won.

They will get theirs... likely when Tenn goes in their and shuts down LT and Rivers throws away the game.

Also, the announcers mentioned a brief history b/w Cutler and SD... does anyone have a scoop?

Phillip Rivers and several Chargers players seen taunting the Denver Broncos after their win tonight... waving goodbye and talking smack.

So I expect LT to come out tonight and lambaste his own team for being classless in the win.

I also expect Steve Young and Mike Ditka to come on ESPN and talk about how classless an act it was for Rivers and his teammates to taunt an inferior team like that.

I mean, it's only fair, right ?

Yeah I saw this on ProFootballtalk too http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Of course what everyone fails to realize is that its only classless when other teams celebrate after BEATING the Chargers.

It's the epitome of class for the Chargers to celebrate and taunt other teams in LT's world of classiness - so his silence is understandable.

This is a heated division rivalry. Now, nothing like this would ever happen when we play the jets ro miami.

This is a heated division rivalry. Now, nothing like this would ever happen when we play the jets ro miami.
Have to agree. As much as I dislike the Jets and Dolphins, I cannot see them acting like the immature never-been-there Chargers, complaining that the Pats were celebrating, and then celebrating themselves in an even mor obnoxious way.

TO mocked Ray Lewis's chicken dance, and Lewis had no problem ("They beat us fair and square"), then Givens mocked the Eagle flap, again no problem. McNabb mocked TO's open arms TD celbration, no problem from TO. If an opposing player scored a TD at Gillette and did Moss's split-the-defense move, can you picture Moss going on national TV, saying I'm a classy guy but that player is not, and it must come from that player's head coach? And then the next day, after thinking about it, reiterate how disrespectful it was to his team? No, I cannot.

Celebrating is part of football. No one has a problem with it except the Chargers. That is cry-baby stuff, but then when the Chargers behave the same way, dong what they called classless, and saying it's different when they do it because they were exhuberant, then I have to say that the Chargers are beyond cry-babies. They are immature and hypocritical.

Chargers celebrating a win: "That's just football. We're going to the playoffs and they're not. We were exhuberant."

Chargers getting celebrated on after they lost: "Wah wah. They disrespected us. Wah wah boo hoo. It must come down from the head coach. Wah wah boo hoo, make them stop, mommy."

But the question posed in Post #1 has not been answered by the resident Charger trolls: Has LdT gone on national television, saying his team was disrespectful to the Broncos, that they should act like they've been there, and that it came from the head coach?

Last edited:
Have to agree. As much as I dislike the Jets and Dolphins, I cannot see them acting like the immature never-been-there Chargers, complaining that the Pats were celebrating, and then celebrating themselves in an even mor obnoxious way.

TO mocked Ray Lewis's chicken dance, and Lewis had no problem ("They beat us fair and square"), then Givens mocked the Eagle flap, again no problem. McNabb mocked TO's open arms TD celbration, no problem from TO. If an opposing player scored a TD at Gillette and did Moss's split-the-defense move, can you picture Moss going on national TV, saying I'm a classy guy but that player is not, and it must come from that player's head coach? And then the next day, after thinking about it, reiterate how disrespectful it was to his team? No, I cannot.

Celebrating is part of football. No one has a problem with it except the Chargers. That is cry-baby stuff, but then when the Chargers behave the same way, dong what they called classless, and saying it's different when they do it because they were exhuberant, then I have to say that the Chargers are beyond cry-babies. They are immature and hypocritical.

Chargers celebrating a win: "That's just football. We're going to the playoffs and they're not. We were exhuberant."

Chargers getting celebrated on after they lost: "Wah wah. They disrespected us. Wah wah boo hoo. It must come down from the head coach. Wah wah boo hoo, make them stop, mommy."

But the question posed in Post #1 has not been answered by the resident Charger trolls: Has LdT gone on national television, saying his team was disrespectful to the Broncos, that they should act like they've been there, and that it came from the head coach?

Well said.

Philip Rivers can not run his mouth, he is terrible, was making horrible throws all game, has done nothing in this league, and now thinks he can run his mouth because he beat the terrible Broncos? I love it, Rivers is a clown, keep your mouth shut.

Phillip Rivers and several Chargers players seen taunting the Denver Broncos after their win tonight... waving goodbye and talking smack.

So I expect LT to come out tonight and lambaste his own team for being classless in the win.

I also expect Steve Young and Mike Ditka to come on ESPN and talk about how classless an act it was for Rivers and his teammates to taunt an inferior team like that.

I mean, it's only fair, right ?

This is the "Patriots Fan Forum". Last time I check none of the Chargers played for the Patriots.

Philip Rivers can not run his mouth, he is terrible, was making horrible throws all game, has done nothing in this league, and now thinks he can run his mouth because he beat the terrible Broncos? I love it, Rivers is a clown, keep your mouth shut.

Rivers is Jay Cutler's daddy...he is 3-0 head-to-head.

There are 2 sides to every story though- Cutler was acting very *****y all night long, so while classless, the taunts of "baby" may have been accurate.

what a bunch of hypocrites. not only that, but they choose to taunt a 6-9 team

I love how most of the public is all over San Diego as of late. I even had a buddy of mine who is not a Pats fan say we better watch out because they're a threat to us. :D

Guys let the public kiss their ass, hopefully they drive the line down if we do meet to where we can pound our Patriots in addition to watching them beat their asses like they did earlier in the year.

They are a threat to us. They could be the most dangerous playoff team.

They are a threat to us. They could be the most dangerous playoff team.

They've beaten two teams with a winning record. One was the Titans when the Titans had them dead but stopped playing. The second was Indy the week after Indy played the Pats and it took Manning's worst game as a pro and a missed chip shot by AV for them to win by a whopping two points.

They might be one and done vs Cleveland or Tenn and if they win that they'll get smoked by a rested Indy club.

Yeah I saw this on ProFootballtalk too http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Cool ! Glad to see I wasn't the only one with the same thought... Florio even stole my thread title. :D

For the record, I've got no problem with what the Chargers did... it was probably a very heated and intense game with a division rival, with smack talk from both sides that obviously came to a head towards the end of the game... I just think L-T and the rest of those frauds need to STFU about "class" when the situation is reversed and they have the same type of behavior done towards them... say in the playoffs.

I just think L-T and the rest of those frauds need to STFU about "class" when the situation is reversed and they have the same type of behavior done towards them... say in the playoffs.

There's a difference between trash talking during a game and trash talking after a game. Trash talking during a game is a psychological ploy used to get your opponent off their game and cause them to lose focus. Vets also haze young players by trash talking them. This has been going on since the dawn of time. However, once the game is over there is no need to continue it, unless you just want to be a jerk and an a-hole.

Last edited:
great name for Tomlinson..he should change it immediately.

"at RB for the San Diego Chargers...# 21...it's JERK A-HOLE..."

great name for Tomlinson..he should change it immediately.

"at RB for the San Diego Chargers...# 21...it's JERK A-HOLE..."

If you end up being in the discussion of the greatest RB of all time who cares if a few opposing fans think you are a jerk.:D

Last edited:
yeah...a few hundred million...:D::D::D:

There's a difference between trash talking during a game and trash talking after a game. Trash talking during a game is a psychological ploy used to get your opponent off their game and cause them to lose focus. Vets also haze young players by trash talking them. This has been going on since the dawn of time. However, once the game is over there is no need to continue it, unless you just want to be a jerk and an a-hole.

there is also a difference between celebrating a great victory after a hard fought game and celebrating and guaranteeing one before the game. The Pats "celebrated" after being trashed talked all week before and during the game.....and they had "how they don't measure against the great Bolts with 5653452678 Pro bowlers" rubbed in their faces.If your "classy" players didn't like people celebrating, they should have just maybe ...WON! the game.

I also don't have a problem with what whiny Rivers did, The chargers should just stop this BS about their class, because everybody does it, everybody can be overcome with emotions during and after a football game, and they should maybe start taking the victories and the defeats like men, maybe then people will take that "classy" team seriously.

How is celebrating AFTER a win classless, but celebrating a single play not? :confused:

I lost a lot of respect for LT after last season's playoff game. He's a great player, but a real sore loser. When you have players on your own team rehearsing idiotic dances like the "Lights Out" dance you can't come crying about other teams mocking such dances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye