PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Classless Chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.
didn't we already knew no matter what the pats do will be turned the other way round?

when brady exchange words with anthony smith bcos that guy guaranteed a win and talk thrash bout our receivers, it's classless...

when rivers and the bolts players talking smack on the field, it's called showing emotion during a game...

i guess that's the price you pay when u r the best in league...

now i really do wish somehow we got the chargers in the playoff and beat their sorry ass...

Nothing wrong with guys razzing a young QB to break him into the league. They are seeing what he is made of. When did the NFL become an arena for sensitivity and holding hands? Trash talking during a game goes on among players of every team. To pretend like "my team doesn't do it and when other teams do it it means they are scum," is ignorant, laughable and naive. Didn't we see Rodney taunting the Ravens head coach and Tom getting in the face of a defensive player after he threw a touchdown pass? That stuff is part of the game, during the game. Once the game is over you go shake hands and forget about it.

Evidently you don't understand the idea behind this thread.

It regards your team's hypocracy.

The Patriots never went to the press after a game complaining about another team's celebrating after a loss the way LT and Rivers, etc. did last year.

Look, it is very simple - the Chargers act classy. Anyone else who acts like the Chargers is classless.

That makes sense right?

it was 'during' the game, don't try and act like the chargers are as classless as those dirty pats who celebrate 'after' a game

Your as immature as your team. Patriots had every right to do whatever they wanted on that field because they just shut the Bolts trash talking loud mouths. The Chargers should have backed up their big mouths with a win .

What did Mr. Classy say about the Pats prior to the game " If we played them 10 times we would beat them 9. What an idiot, I was thrilled to see him and the other fools crying afer that game

Nothing wrong with guys razzing a young QB to break him into the league. They are seeing what he is made of. When did the NFL become an arena for sensitivity and holding hands? Trash talking during a game goes on among players of every team. To pretend like "my team doesn't do it and when other teams do it it means they are scum," is ignorant, laughable and naive. Didn't we see Rodney taunting the Ravens head coach and Tom getting in the face of a defensive player after he threw a touchdown pass? That stuff is part of the game, during the game. Once the game is over you go shake hands and forget about it.

There are two kinds of trash talking.
1. Strategic trash talking, where a player is using it as part of an overall plan to gain an advantage over the opponent. This is a thoughtful process, based on noticing the likely psychological weaknesses in an opponent. Larry Bird was the master of this.

2. Emotional trash talking, where a player is attempting to boost their own self confidence by running down the other player. This comes from the same psychological weakness that we see from playground bullies. It is a declaration of personal insecurity.

From what I've seen, most if not all of what SD does is #2. The final evidence in that regard is that they get so upset when people mock them.

Whoooossssshhhhhhhh.

The sound of sarcasm zipping over your head at light speed.

You see, what happened was that when the Pats celebrated after a victory over the Chargers, they got all upset, and the media called it classless. Now the Chargers did the same thing they cried about last year, so the original poster wondered if the same thing would happen.

You see, the point was not that they were celebrating, but that they are hypocrits.

it was 'during' the game, don't try and act like the chargers are as classless as those dirty pats who celebrate 'after' a game
Gimme a break. It's bush to celbrate BEFORE a game, but there is nothing wrong with celebrating during or after a game.

The issue wasn't celebrating, it was the Chargers crying, "They're celebrating a victory! Wah wah. They are classless," and then doing the exact same thing themselves.

Celebrate or don't, but if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. At least until your team grows up and grows a pair.

The Chargers in general, most notable Rivers and Tomlinson, suffer from "TO Syndrome". When they win everything's good and everyone gets along. When they lose they incessantly bit*h and moan, point fingers, and generally act like 5 year olds. That's why they can't win any big games - they're emotionally stunted.

Phillip Rivers is a ******* DOUCHEBAG

I think it's awesome that they're getting all full of themselves right at the moment when they most need to be focused and emotionally stable. It spells LT meltdown, which is my favorite sports phenomenon.

Anyone here trust Philip Rivers with the ball in his hands, tie game 2 mins left? Didn't think so. Move along folks, nothing to see here.

Maybe they get it from their head coach.

Phillip Rivers and several Chargers players seen taunting the Denver Broncos after their win tonight... waving goodbye and talking smack.

Somebody talked trash in the NFL? Gee, there's a new concept.

when i was roaming the chargers board earlier today i came across this gem but i can find it now. it went something along the line of...

"who cares, as long it isnt LT trash-talking, we shouldn't care. The whole team can rob a bank as long as LT is asleep at the time, thats classy!" LMAO!!!

The cameras stayed on Rivers for quite a while. If a Patriot did what Rivers did, that player would not see a great deal of game time....totally undisciplined stuff...hollering and taunting the Broncos and in particular Phil Rivers.

Stop it guys! I wish you encourage the Bolts to do more and get their fans all motivated so that they start planning SB parades and making praiseworthy threats such as hitting Brady in the mouth. Why throw cold water on the efforts of such a classy team with classy fans?
:rolleyes:

you wont see it. Colts run up score..Jaguars..other teams. No big deal

Soundgate? no big deal..spygate is HUGE. Jets did same thing..no big deal.

Whats the difference? WE have 3 rings and are undefeated so get on our nuts and make it seem as bad as of a season as you can possibly make it

i got more

Brady walks off field without handshake (like the Colts last year)..and guess what..we have issues. Champ Bailey walked off today and guess what..i aint heard a word

Harrison caught with HGH..national media..everything he does brings up HGH talk. What about Marcus Stroud? I heard a suspension but nothing from media/fans.

Good post Remix.

so i watched the postgame interview with Rivers

-Oh it was just 1 of those on field moments. Were going to playoffs, they're not(sounding every bit of ****y)
-Thats just the way I always play(false btw..hes usually seen crying on sideline and getting shrugged off by LT)

See for yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma5LAUHTQUA

I'm all for trash talking as this is the NFL, not golf or tennis. It's the double standard of their whiny players that irritates me. *****ing in a press conference is the pinnacle of "class" :rolleyes:

They should keep their mouthes shut until they actually accomplish something....

See for yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma5LAUHTQUA

I'm all for trash talking as this is the NFL, not golf or tennis. It's the double standard of their whiny players that irritates me. *****ing in a press conference is the pinnacle of "class" :rolleyes:

They should keep their mouthes shut until they actually accomplish something....

they dont show later when he got pushed down after a throw (should've been flagged) and then when he did a sneak or something, some player was pulling his leg :\

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft